Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Party Ideas
That'll Have Your Gang Movin' And Groovin!
If your kids love to watch DJ Lance and all his friends, then creating a Yo Gabba party will surely be a hit with all your gang. Get ready to boogie down and turn your home into Gabbaland.
To help you create a rockin' party room, I've put together lots of fun ideas to help make your Yo Gabba party extra special. The kids will be counting down the days until they can cut a rug and dance their way through your door.
Make sure you stay on theme with lots of colorful decorations and be sure to have plenty of music on hand. After all, what's a Gabba party without music. To help you turn your chosen party room into Gabbaland, check out the following ideas for your invites, costumes, party decor, games with a Gabba twist, party food, cakes, and favors.
YO GABBA GABBA INVITATIONS
YO GABBA INVITATION #1
- Either download a picture of some of the characters onto a piece of cardstock or opt to use stickers. Also add a photo of your child dressed in one of the character costumes. Add all of your party details on the reverse side.
YO GABBA INVITATION #2
- Download a picture of the Yo Gabba gang onto a white piece of 7 1/2" x 10" cardstock. Add all the party details underneath the picture. Add a decorative border and then mount the white cardstock to a piece of colorful cardstock.
YO GABBA INVITATION #3
- Make your invite to look like a large ticket. You can either make 3 or 4 invites out of an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock depending upon which direction you cut them out. Across the top put "You're Invited". In the center download a picture of the Yo Gabba gang or use stickers to create the scene. At the bottom of the ticket, put all the party details.
YO GABBA GABBA CHARACTER INVITE
- Download your favorite Yo Gabba character onto a piece of colored cardstock that coincides with that character's colors. Then cut out the shape of the character and put the party info on the reverse side.
EMBELLISH READY MADE INVITES
- Buy some pre-made invites and decorate them with various glitters, ribbons, string pearls, sequins, etc.
Here are a few ideas for the wording on your invites:
- Come On Over To Dance & Play
It's Time To Celebrate (Name's) Birthday!
- Dance On Over
And Help Us Celebrate (Name's) Birthday!
- It's A Party...
A Dancey-Dance Party
- Come To My Dancey-Dance Party
Then add all the party details and seal the envelope with an appropriate sticker.
YO GABBA GABBA COSTUMES
This is a fun party that lends itself nicely to wearing a fun costume. If you decide it's a little over the top to have all the guests come in costume, perhaps a Yo Gabba Gabba t-shirt, hat, or DJ Lance glasses could be given to each guest as they arrive.
Meanwhile, Mom, Dad, any siblings, and of course the birthday child should come all decked out in their Yo Gabba best. As you can see from the above photos, there are lots of fun costumes that are sure to add to the party atmosphere.
YO GABBA GABBA DECORATIONS
YO GABBA GABBA GAMES & ACTIVITIES
PIN THE EYE ON MUNO
- Hang a banner on the front door, across the garage or a main party room wall that says, "Welcome To Gabba Gabba Land."
- One great thing about having a Yo Gabba party is that you have the opportunity to use just about any color. You can focus on one of the character's colors or combine several to create a rainbow of color and fun.
- As you can see from the above product photos, you can have any of the Yo Gabba characters "greet" your guests at the door, "visit" with them in the party room, or create a photo-op using an array of the cardboard standup characters. These little guys are sure to jazz up the party room and bring the theme to life. Little ones will love having their pictures taken with the Yo Gabba Gabba gang.
- Another great option are all of the various giant wall decals from which to select. You can instantly transform your party room walls into everything Yo Gabba Gabba. You can even put some in your bathroom on the mirror, shower doors, toilet lid, and tank for added fun.
After the party is over, transfer the decals to your child's bedroom walls and door; they're sure to put a smile on their little mugs each morning when they wake up and see DJ Lance, Foofa, Brobee and others smiling back at them.
- Be sure to twist colorful streamers throughout the party room ceiling, window and doorframes, etc.
- You'll also want to be sure to add some large bouquets of Yo Gabba Mylar and latex balloons to accent the corners. You can also tie a balloon to each child's chair.
- Be sure to hang a personalized Yo Gabba Gabba birthday banner with a photo of your child on one of your main party room walls.
- You can create some banners of all the various Yo Gabba characters' names and hang them on all the walls.
- Jazz up your ceiling by hanging dessert and dinner plates from the ceiling using fishing line. You can quickly staple two plates together, punch a small hole at the top, thread the line through and hang 'em up.
- With all the fun Yo Gabba Gabba printed party ware, you won't have any problem making your party table a colorful success.
- You could also easily opt for using various character colors to decorate your table and accent with the Yo Gabba printed items like a table cover, activity mats, napkins, and cups. You could also opt to go with a solid color napkin and wrap a Yo Gabba ring around it to hold it together.
- Tack a poster of Muno on a wall and give each of the kids an eye made out of cardstock, construction paper or felt with double stick tape on the back. The child who pins their eye closest to the eye on the poster shall be the winner.
- With all the colorful Yo Gabba characters, why not give everyone some Play-Doh and have them roll out, form or otherwise create their favorite character.
FOOFA FLOWER DANCE
- Make large Foofa daisies out of white and yellow construction paper and place on the floor in a circle. Play music in the background while the kids dance around the flowers. When the music stops, each child must run to a flower and stand on it. Whoever is unable to get to a flower is out of the game. The rounds continue with the removal of a flower for each round until one player remains, who shall then be the winner.
- Of course a Yo Gabba party wouldn't be complete without a lot of dancing going on. You can incorporate dance competitions for prizes or have everyone simultaneously do specific dance steps or dance styles for added interest.
- Rent a bounce house in one of the character colors or opt for one that has various colors. Play lots of Yo Gabba music and let the kids bounce and dance around inside.
- Everyone enjoys pinata time and all the goodies it brings. As you can see, there's a great pinata pictured above that's in the shape of DJ Lance's boombox.
YO GABBA GABBA IDEAS FOR FOOD
MINI PIZZA FACES
- Lay out the various toppings and have each child create their favorite Yo Gabba character's face out of pizza toppings. Provide English Muffins as the foundation, along with mozzarella cheese, fresh parmesan cheese, cooked sausage, sliced mushrooms, pepperoni, black olives, cut up cherry tomatoes, and blanched broccoli.
BROBEE GUACAMOLE & CHIPS
- Make or buy some guacamole and create the shape of Brobee on the serving plate. You can use unpeeled, thick cucumber slices to create the dark green stripes between the guacamole. Use red pepper cut into small triangles for the top of his head. To create the face, cut a piece of red pepper for the mouth, sliced black olives for the eyebrows, two pieces of white cheese for the eyes, and a piece of black olive for the center of each eye.
- Make skewers of colorful cut-up fruit. Use things like strawberries, pineapple, grapes, apple, banana, kiwi, and orange.
VEGGIES & DIP
- Serve cut-up veggies with dill dip. Although kids aren't always thrilled to eat their veggies, they might be willing to make an exception for a Yo Gabba party in order to stay with the theme.
CHIPS YO GABBA GABBA STYLE
- Serve up various chips in colored bowls to coincide with your characters. Download pictures of each character onto cardstock and cut them out. Tape one to the side of each bowl so it looks like the bowl is the character's body.
- Things like M&Ms, Skittles, or Jelly Belly candies would all go well with this colorful theme.
- Make eyes out of black and white fondant. Melt red candy melts and dip pretzel sticks into the melted candy covering three-quarters of the pretzel. While the candy is still wet, attach an "eye" to each stick.
YO GABBA CHARACTER FOOD IDEAS
- Take the name of each character and come up with a food using the first letter of their name. Create a little sign to place by the "special" Yo Gabba food and it will make it taste even better. Here are a few examples to get you started:
YO GABBA GABBA PUNCH
- Brobee's Burgers
- D.J. Lance's Dogs - Hot dogs
- Foofa French Fries
- Muno's Magnificent Mix - Chex mix
- Plex's Perfect Pizza
- Toodee's Titillating Toes - chicken fingers
- Whip up a punch in your child's favorite character color. If he or she likes Muno, red punch will be in order. If Foofa is the favorite, perhaps pink lemonade should fill the bowl. If Plex is the favorite, a yellow lemonade will do. If you need a green punch to bring Brobee to the forefront or blue for Toodee, then you'll have to use something like a lemon-lime soda base and resort to food coloring to bring on the green or blue.
YO GABBA GABBA CAKES
PARTY IN MY TUMMY CAKE
- Make a round cake and frost it brown. Cut the shape of carrots, green beans, Swiss cheese, chicken leg, and a juice cup out of fondant using a photo as your guide. Place these items on top of the cake and add a birthday greeting.
- Make a sheet cake and cut off the corners to round it out. This will create Brobee's body into a large oval. Make 14 cupcakes to use for the arms and legs. You'll use 8 for the arms and 6 for the legs. Whip up a dark green and a light green batch of frosting. Use a picture of Brobee as your guide to create the stripes on the body, arms, and legs. Use red fondant to create the top of his head and outline his mouth. Use white and black fondant to create his eyes and fill in his mouth.
D.J. LANCE ROCK BOOMBOX CAKE
- Make a sheet cake and use fondant in the appropriate colors to piece together the boombox on top of the cake. Add a birthday message along the bottom or on the side of the cake. Use a picture of the infamous boombox as your guide.
- Make a round cake and frost it green. Encircle the top of the cake daisies made out of white fondant with a yellow center. Create a large Foofa out of pink fondant and place it in the center of the cake. Be sure to top her head off with a fondant daisy too.
- Make a sheet cake and cut the shape of Muno out of the cake using a picture of him as a pattern. Cover him with red fondant and add a black and white fondant eye and mouth.
- Make two sheet cakes; one be used for the body and the other you will need to cut out a block shape for the head, hands, and feet. Frost them all yellow or use fondant. Make the robot arms and legs out of several layers of rolled up foil that is crinkled. Place the arms off the body and lay a hand at the bottom of each one. Do the same with the legs. Place a smaller square of black fondant on top of the head and a circle of black fondant in the center of the chest. Then cut out black and white fondant eyes and lay them on top of the black square. Use a picture of Plex as your guide.
- Make a sheet cake and frost it white. Top it off with a large Toodee made out of light and medium blue fondant. Use a picture of Toodee as a pattern. Add black and white eyes, nose and mouth in accordance with your picture.
YO GABBA CUPCAKES
- Make your child's favorite cupcake flavor and frost the cupcakes in the various colors of the Yo Gabba crew. Top them each off with a character cupcake topper to coincide with the color of the cupcake.
After you sing happy birthday to the birthday boy or girl, as you serve up the cake, you might want to have the kids sing out Party In My Tummy.
YO GABBA GABBA PARTY FAVORS
Any of the above items would make great favors and as you can see, there are a few all-in-one options also. If you would like to create your own, you might consider using one of the Yo Gabba empty favor boxes above or opt to fill various colored bags with all the goodies. Here are a few ideas of things that you might consider including:
YO GABBA GABBA CHARACTERS
- Yo Gabba coloring book and crayons or markers
- Yo Gabba stickers or tattoos
- Activity placemat
- Mini puzzle
- Colorful candies
- Colorful shoelaces
Just in case you need a little refresher on all of the Gabba Gabba Band characters, here's a quick list:
- He's the little green monster who plays the drums. He's cute and cuddly and a bit cautious. He needs a lot of reassurance and singing, dancing and music help give him confidence.
D.J. Lance Rock
- He is the host of the show and gets each show started with the magical words, "Yo Gabba Gabba!"
- She is a pink flower bubble who plays the tambourine. When she doesn't get her way, Foofa can be a bit moody. Otherwise she tends to be happy, bubbly, outgoing, and giggly.
- He's the red Cyclops who plays the guitar. He's mild-manner and very friendly, but tends to be a bit impatient.
- He's the magic yellow robot who plays the guitar. He's a good problem-solver and is responsible for beaming everyone into Yo Gabba Gabba Land.
- She is a blue cat-dragon who plays the bass. She's independent and very smart, along with being a bit mischievous and athletic. At times, she tends to be selfish.
Return To Top Of Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Party Ideas
Return To Kids Birthday Party Ideas For More Fun Ideas
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas