Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Party Ideas
Teaching Little Tots Life Lessons While Enjoying A Party!
As you consider various themes for your child's first birthday party, you might want to put the Yo Gabba Gabba party option to the litmus test. This is a theme that will offer you lots of options to use color. In addition, there is a complete line of fun party supplies available from which to select.
This theme is a big hit not only with the kiddos, but also mom and dad. Life lessons of being a good friend, sharing, and staying healthy are some of the principles that DJ Lance and his playful monster pals teach children while singing and dancing to cool tunes. To help you put together your little one's first birthday party, I have put together this page of ideas. You'll find lots of options for creating your invites, decorating your party room, feeding your guests, entertaining the troops, and little gifts to thank everyone for coming.
YO GABBA GABBA BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS & THANK YOU'S
YO GABBA CHARACTER-SHAPED INVITES
- Download your favorite characters onto cardstock and cut out their shape. Then put your party details on the reverse side.
YO GABBA CHARACTER INVITES
- Another option for using the characters would be to download them onto a piece of cardstock and then fold the cardstock in half. The front would have the character and the inside the party info.
Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Invitations
- Take a picture of your child dressed up in his or her favorite Yo Gabba character and have that be the front of the invitation with the party details on the inside or reverse, depending upon your invite design.
- To get things rolling, you'll need to send out some invitations. If you are pressed for time you will probably want to go with some ready-mades. You can easily personalize them by adding a bit of embellishment like glitter.
In addition, you will probably want to consider making or buying some thank you cards that will complement and coordinate with your invites, in anticipation of your little one receiving all sorts of goodies for his or her 1st birthday.
YO GABBA GABBA BIRTHDAY PARTY COSTUMES
If you are thinking about investing in a costume or perhaps making one for your little one, Mom and/or Dad, here are a few options that you might want to consider. If you do decide to go in this direction, be sure to invite guests to do the same. This way you will be sure to have one colorful, fun-filled party.
If you want to keep it simple, you might just want to opt for a fun hat, mask, or glasses. Another idea would be to give everyone a Yo Gabba Gabba birthday t-shirt to wear at the party and take home as a favor. Be sure to take pictures early. As you know, party or no party little ones have a way of stripping off the excess that they don't want on their little bods.
YO GABBA GABBA BIRTHDAY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
This is a great theme when it comes to decorating as the more color the better. You have lots of options from which to select and some of the best colors to use are the primaries-- red, green, yellow, and blue, along with the addition of orange and pink. Here are a few ideas that you can use to transform your dining room into Gabbaland and you'll have one groovy party room.
Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Decorations
- Line the walkway with balloons in all the various colors. You can attach one balloon to a skinny wood dowel that will easily insert into the ground.
- Create a balloon arch of colorful balloons for the kids to walk under as they arrive at the party.
- Create a welcome banner for the front door using your child's favorite character as the greeter on the banner.
- Cover the walls with colorful fabrics to give the room a colorful lift and an instant transformation.
- Twist two colors of streamers together and decorate the perimeter of the room along the ceiling.
- Cover the ceiling with twisted streamers. You can alternate all the various colors across the ceiling until it is completely covered or opt to twist two colors together and alternate the various two-color combos across the ceiling.
- Hang all the various colors of streamers from the ceiling, cutting them at different lengths.
YO GABBA GABBA BIRTHDAY GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Print out all the Yo Gabba crew and attach one character to each of the steamers you have and hang them from the ceiling. You can use fishing line or ribbon instead.
- Hang a fun and colorful banner on one of the main walls or perhaps over the favor table.
- Create a birthday banner by cutting out pendant shapes, attach them to one another by hole punching the corners and tying them together with ribbons. You can place one of the letters in "Happy Birthday (Name)" on each pendant that you cut out. You can also accent the pendant with pictures of the characters by downloading them and cutting them out of cardstock. Then all you need to do is hang it on a wall.
- Hang Yo Gabba posters on the walls to instantly add a splash of color and theme.
- Fill up empty corners with bouquets of colorful balloons tied off with lots of curling ribbons.
- Create a fun centerpiece by using a stuffed animal as the focal point and tie a bouquet of balloons to the animal, along with accenting it with some shred, glitter, perhaps a little greenery or silk flowers.
- Be sure to add a colorful tablecloth or perhaps a theme table covering, along with theme plates, cups and napkins. also be sure to give everyone a colorful hat to wear.
- Buy or make a Yo Gabba standee and take pictures of the kids posing with them as they arrive. If however, Mom and/or Dad have dressed up in costume, then you can take pictures with them instead.
Although all of the above game ideas are not for 1-year-olds, in case you are planning on having some older kids at the party, there are some theme games and activity options that you might want to consider.
- The little tykes would certainly enjoy crawling/walking into an adorable Yo Gabba Gabba tent or perhaps you could create Gabbaland out of large appliance boxes that are painted and decorated accordingly. This alone could be a great place to corral the cuties and all you would need to do is give them a few toys to enjoy while inside "Gabbaland".
PIN THE EYE ON MUNO
- Taking an old fav--Pin the Tail on the Donkey and giving it a Yo Gabba twist. You can use a poster of Muno or get creative and make your own character out of posterboard. Use colored paper or construction paper to create the eyes.
- Give the little ones a blop of Doh and watch them go! They'll have a great time creating a whole lot of nothing and perhaps taking a bite or two along the way.
Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Games & Activities
DANCEY DANCE TIME
- A Yo Gabba party would not be complete without the opportunity for everyone to shake their booty Gabba style. Be sure to have the video going as this alone could prove to be the best activity of the day; it will certainly be adorable. Of course you will want to play music from the show.
- Fill your favorite character pull-string pinata with treats and toys and let all the little hands have a pull or two. This will be a yummy fun time!
- Have a few teen helpers put on a bubble show using those large wands that make huge bubbles. You can also help little ones blow bubbles.
YO GABBA PARTY SUPPLIES FOR YOUR FOOD TABLE
When it comes time to feed your little crew, you'll want to be sure to have some tried and true yummies to the tummies to serve up--after all it is a party. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Almond butter and jelly sandwiches
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Vegetable soup
- Mixed fresh fruit
- Macaroni & cheese
- Pasta salad
Small cut-up veggies and Ranch Dressing
- Fruit smoothie
YO GABBA GABBA BIRTHDAY CAKE IDEAS
Of course you will either want to either make a cake or have one made for that all-important first birthday. To help get you started, here are a few Yo Gabba cake ideas that will start your wheels turning.
EASY YO GABBA CAKE - If you are pressed for time, you can make it easy on yourself by making a simple cake with a mix, frosting it with a colorful icing, and then topping it off with an edible sugar art image or a Yo Gabba Gabba cake topper.
YO GABBA CAKE POPS - Make up a batch of cake pops and then decorate them to look like the various characters. If you aren't quite up to that challenge, you can always decorate them with icing in the various Yo Gabba colors.
Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Cakes
YO GABBA CUPCAKES OR COOKIES - Make your favorite cupcake or sugar cookie recipe and cover the cupcakes or cookies with red, blue, green, and yellow frostings. Then add a face to each cupcake or cookie to mimic the characters.
BOOM BOX CAKE - Make a cake in the shape of a boom box and either frost it or cover it with fondant. You can then add the accents making them out of fondant. Add a birthday greeting and your cake is ready to go.
MUNO CAKE - Out of all the characters, Muno would be the easiest, in my opinion, to turn into a cake. All you need to do is make a sheet cake and cut off the edges at one end to around the top of it. Frost it red and add the eye and mouth out of black and white fondant.
YO GABBA CUPCAKES - Make cupcakes and cover them with colorful frostings. Top them off with picks of the characters.
YO GABBA GABBA BIRTHDAY PARTY FAVORS
Start by turning colorful bags into character favor bags by adding faces to the bags. In the alternative, you could use Yo Gabba boom box favor boxes. Then fill them up with lots of fun Gabba-related items or other things that little tykes might like. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cover cans of Play-Doh with colored paper. Add a Yo Gabba face to each one.
- Character zipper pulls
- Plastic character cups
- Character t-shirt
- Stickers and/or tattoos
- Character whistles
As you can see, there are lots of Yo Gabba party favors from which to select. You might want to forego giving out several small items and opt for one big item like a Yo Gabba character doll.
Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday
Do you have some favorite Yo Gabba Gabba birthday ideas? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc.
Return To Top Of Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday
Return To 1st Birthday Party Ideas For More Party Themes
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas