Western Party Ideas To Create Rootin' Tootin Good Time For Western Adult Birthday Party
Fun And Fabulous Western Party Ideas
For A Foot Stompin Good Ole Time!
If you are thinking that it is time to lasso in the fun with a fun hoe down or perhaps a barn yard bash, then you most certainly want to start planning for that thar western party. So saddle up your horses and mosey on down the page to discover some rip-snortin party ideas.
Hee-Haw! It's time to round up your posse and get ready to party until the cows come home. The time has come to set the stage and bring the wild, wild west to your home on the range and discover how you can create a great adult birthday party. Read on and find out how you can deck out your home and turn it into a "Bonanza" of western fun!
WESTERN PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
To set the hoe down tone for your western party, be sure to start things off right and send out a great theme invitation. Below you'll find a few ideas that I've put together for some western themed invites:
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE INVITATIONS
– Make your own fun Wanted Dead or Alive birthday party invitations for your western party. Take a picture of the guest of honor and print in black and white on sheets of parchment colored paper. Using a unique font on your computer print the part details on the paper, or write in the information using calligraphy. Roll up the wanted poster and use a bandana to tie it so it won’t unroll. Hand out these invites to your guests. You could even have them wear their bandanas to the party.
COW BELL INVITATIONS
– Another fun idea for western party invitations is cowbell invitations. Purchase cowbells online and buy enough for each guest to have one. Using paint, paint a guest’s name on each bell and allow it to dry. On a piece of cardstock, write all the party information, then attach the information to the inside ringer of the cowbell. Place in small boxes and mail or deliver these invites by hand.
If you need a few wording ideas for your western party invites, try the following:
Dust off your hats and boots and head on over to our western roundup.
Join us at the (last name) corral for a yee hawing party.
Ranch: (party location address)
Time of branding: (party time)
Ya’ll remember to RSVP to: (contact info)
Western Party Ideas For Invites
SHERIFF'S BADGE INVITATIONS
- Buy some blank sheriff badges and have them engraved with the names of each of your guests (SHERIFF Name). Type out all of your party info and print it out onto scrapbook paper that has that aged look to it. Then cut it into 4 pieces. Punch a hole in the left corner and tie it to a badge using twine. Mail or hand-deliver invitations.
- Make invitations from card stock in the shape of a cowboy boot or hat, horseshoe, cactus, saddle, or any other western-shaped item. Write party details on one side, laminate, and mail or hand-deliver invitations.
- Write party details on bandanas with fabric pens. Mail or hand-deliver invitations.
WESTERN PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Be sure your invitations reflect the following information: Purpose of event: A western BBQ birthday celebration for (Name); Date and time, location, dress code, RSVP info, and any additional info you want your guests to know.
Let your guests know that western party attire is required. Suggest they wear jeans, western shirts, cowboy hats, cowboy boots with spurs, western vest, bandana, gun belt, denim skirts, etc.
If you're looking for some western costume ideas, here's some Western Costumes
to help inspire your cowboy/cowgirl creation.
If you need to corral a few more ideas for your costume, then just two-step it on over with a click of the mouse to my WESTERN COSTUME
page. You'll find lots of great photos of some real cow poke.
WESTERN PARTY IDEAS FOR PARTY DECORATIONS
To ensure your western birthday party is authentic, turn your home into the Ponderosa using some of the following western party ideas:
Western Party Ideas For Decor
- Your yard will shout, "The Party's Here" with a fun western themed archway.
- Checkered tablecloths are a perfect choice to cover the food tables with and accent them with coordinating bandana napkins.
- Cover your tables with burlap or a fun cow print or western print tablecloth, which will certainly help set the western astmosphere.
- Accent tables with cowboy boots filled with dried floral arrangements will create terrific western themed centerpieces.
- Use plastic cowboy hats as table and wall decorations or fill them up with various chips and crackers.
- Keep your drinks cool while adding western party ambiance with a fun cactus cooler like the one pictured below.
- Coffee pots filled with wildflowers, daisies, sunflowers, and a few wheat stalks are another great idea for creating a simple centerpiece.
- Put small bunches of flowers in empty beer and root beer bottles to use as small accent centerpieces.
- Create a personalized western birthday banner to hang on wall.
- Make wanted posters of party guests and hang on walls.
- Make or buy some western signs to put on your walls or near doorways to instruct guests to the location of the General Store, Out House, Livery Stable, Dodge City, Dead Man's Gulch, Death Valley, Blacksmith, Jail, Hitching Post, etc.
- Make or buy some cowboy ceiling danglers that have either pictures or small boots, cowboy hats, saddles, horses, etc. attached to pieces of rope or fishing line to hang from the ceiling.
- Use hay bales for chairs.
- Fill candy dishes with western party mints.
Comb the great outdoors and thrift shops, borrow, or rent any of the following western-related items to create a western atmosphere:
- Burlap sacks
- Cast iron pots & pans
- Covered wagon
- Cow bells
- Horse tack, halters, harnesses, etc.
- Milking stools
- Rocking chairs
- Saddles & saddlebags
- Stalks of wheat
- Steer skulls & horns
- Trunks & steamers
- Wagon wheels
- Watering cans
- Weather vane
- Wild flowers
WESTERN PARTY IDEAS FOR PARTY GAMES & ACTIVITIES
If you need to add some entertainment to your party and are looking for some Western Party Games and Activities
, then scoot on over and check out the following games:
- Western TV Trivia
- Mechanical Bull
- Western Dance
- Sack Races
- Squirt Gun Sharp Shooting
WESTERN PARTY IDEAS FOR PARTY FOOD IDEAS
- BBQ hot dogs and buns and arrange on a serving tray. Mix together 15-oz. can of chili and 1/2 cup of salsa in a saucepan. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Serve chili on the side, along with bowls of chopped onions, mustard, ketchup, shredded Cheddar cheese, and corn chips.
- Make a crockpot or two of your favorite bean recipes.
CORN AND POTATOES
- Wrap potatoes and corn on the cob in foil and cook over a BBQ. Create a potato bar with fillers like chopped green onions, chili, bacon bits, butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.
- Either make a tossed salad or create a salad bar offering guests several options like tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, celery, onions, chopped hard boiled eggs, avocado, peas, sprouts, bacon, etc.
- Serve warm, homemade cornbread and honey butter.
- Offer several different chips and mild to hot salsas, along with bowls of trail mix and nuts.
- Serve either BBQ chicken or fried chicken.
- Grill various sausages and offer them with all the side fixins' noted in the chili dogs above.
- Serve it up in tin cups or mason jars to keep the authenticity going.
WESTERN PARTY IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKES
HORSE CORRAL DECORATED BIRTHDAY CAKE
– Make your own western cake that looks like a horse corral. Start with a 9x13” cake in the flavor of your choice. Decorate the cake with white icing for your base. Make the fence of your corral using some pretzel sticks, using them all around the top edge of the cake. Use green sugar and sprinkle it across the entire top of the cake to look like grass. In one corner, add shredded wheat cereal to make it look like bales of hay. Crush up some graham crackers and use it to look like dirt. Add some toy plastic horses to the corral and you have a fabulous cake for your western birthday party.
PONY 3D BIRTHDAY CAKE
– With the Wilton Pony Cake Pan, you can easily make a fabulous pony 3D cake that will look amazing. Simply add the cake batter to the pan and bake and you’ll end up with a 3D cake that guests will love. The cake pan comes with ideas for decorating the cake as well so your pony cake looks like a real pony when you’re done.
BLACK AND WHITE WESTERN BIRTHDAY CAKE
– For this cake, you’ll need to bake a double layer cake for the bottom tier and a smaller double layer cake for the top tier of the cake. Place the bottom layers together, attaching with icing. Place the top layers together using icing to attach them as well. Then, place the smaller tier on top of the bottom tier, securing with more icing. Cover both tiers of the cake with white fondant. Use black fondant to create spots, like spots on a cow, adding the spots on top of the white fondant to make the entire cake look like black and white cowhide. Using brown fondant, braid together some rope and place around the bottom of the smaller tier, allowing the rope to hang down over the bottom tier. Using more of the brown fondant rope, make numbers for the age of the guest of honor and place on the very top of the cake.
Western Party Ideas For Cakes
WESTERN BIRTHDAY CAKE #1
- Decorate a sheet cake with a ranch scene. Start by fencing in the edges with plastic fencing, and then add some horses, a barn, and a few shrubs and trees.
WESTERN BIRTHDAY CAKE #2
- Make or purchase sheet cake and frost it tan. Top with an edible sugar image of a western scene.
HORSE HEAD CAKE
- Bake cake in shape of horse head or horseshoe, use brown frosting for head, cream frosting for mane, black icing for eyes, pink icing for inside of ears and nose. Use black licorice ropes for rein.
If you're in the mood to take a gander at some WESTERN CAKES
and lasso a few ideas for your own cake, then boot-scoot your way over to this page and check out the great cake photos
WESTERN PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
Favors aren't necessary for an adult birthday party, but if you wish to give your guests a small parting gift, you might consider filling a western glass with peanuts.
YOUR Favorite Western Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite Western Party Ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your western themed cakes and costumes.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of Western Party Ideas
Return To Adult Birthday Party Ideas
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas