Teddy Bear Picnic Party Ideas For Kids Birthday Party
Fun And Fabulous Teddy Bear Picnic Party
The Perfect Birthday Choice For A Picnic In The Park!
Your little honey bear is sure to enjoy a birthday party with all of his or her besties, along with their favorite teddies. A teddy bear picnic birthday party provides the opportunity to pretend that all the little teddies are also guests who are ready to celebrate and enjoy a beary good time.
This theme is sure to please both boys and girls in almost any age group. It is perfect for indoors, your back yard, or in a park. Here you’ll find some excellent tips and ideas that will help you make your teddy bear picnic party extra special.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY INVITATIONS
BEAR SHAPED INVITES #1
– Use brown card stock and make invitations in the shape of a teddy bear. Take a piece of scrapbook or card stock in a cream color, then cut it into the teddy bear shape, making it a bit smaller than your brown bear. Add the party details to the cream paper and then glue it to the brown bear. Add glitter to the edges for a fun look.
BEAR SHAPED INVITES #2
– Use the instructions from the previous invitation. Then, glue on black yarn to make a bear’s mouth, a black pom-pom to make the bear’s nose and some cute, wiggly eyes. Add a blue or pink bow around the neck and then use glitter to embellish the invitation.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PICTURE INVITATIONS
– Take a photo of the birthday boy or girl with a favorite bear or in a teddy bear costume. Cut a piece of 8.5” x 11” cardstock (choose a fun color you like) in half, then fold each piece in half again to create an invitation. Trim along the photo edges with some decorative scissors, making it a bit smaller than your invitation. Attach to the invitation with some adhesive. Write, “Someone beary special has a birthday.” Use some white paper inside, attaching it to the invitation, then writing on the details for the party:
Bear Cub: (Name of the guest of honor)
Bear Facts: (Party time and date)
Bear Cave: (Party address)
RSVP to Mama Bear: (Name of parent with phone number or email)
Bring a teddy of your own to the picnic!
Add some teddy bear stickers to the invitation for more decoration.
EMBELLISHED PRE-MADE TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY INVITATIONS – Buy some pre-made teddy themed invites. Then have fun embellishing them with bows, sequins, glitter or other fun embellishments.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY COSTUMES
Let the little guests dress up in a bear costume. Another idea is to hand out teddy bear ears at the party, painting the faces of your little guests so they look like small bears.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY DECORATIONS
Create a festive Teddy Bear Picnic Party atmosphere using some of the following ideas. You can opt for using traditional red and white party decorations or go with some soft pastels:
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Create a photo-op by spreading a large red and white tablecloth or blanket on the floor. Placing a large picnic basket opened up with red and white checkered napkins folded over top edges and filled with teddy bears. Tie some teddy bear and red and white balloons with curling ribbons to picnic basket handles. As kids arrive, have them sit on the tablecloth or blanket with their teddy bear and take a picture.
- Create a bear cave by setting up a large tent with "rooms." You can either use a tent that comes with room dividers or hang blankets to create your own. Cover the outside with brown paper to darken the tent and make it look cave-like. If needed, put a portable lantern in each room for light. Add small tables and chairs or blankets on the ground, along with teddy bear books, coloring books, markers, crayons, etc. As kids arrive, let them have free-play in the cave.
- Use balloons and streamers in your party colors to decorate the ceiling of the party area.
- Add stuffed animals, including plenty of teddy bears, all dressed in their picnic best. For example, tie red and white ribbons around their neck, have them sitting on checkered cloths, perhaps a picnic-themed vest, etc. Group them to be talking with one another or create a park atmosphere by constructing a simple swing, slide, and teeter-totters with bears upon them.
- Cover tables with red and white checkered tablecloths and tie the corners with pretty, curling ribbons.
- Select party goods like cups, utensils, plates and napkins in party colors or a teddy bear picnic theme.
- Take a teddy bear and place him in a picnic basket to create a fun centerpiece. Add napkins to the basket and decorate with balloons and curling ribbons.
- Hang a huge birthday banner with teddy bears on the wall or fence.
- Laminate pages from a teddy bear calendar to use as cute placements. Then guests can take them home as favors.
- Laminate pages of teddy bear picnic calendar and attach to wood stakes and line walkway with teddy bear stakes.
- Hang teddy bear picnic posters on walls or fence.
- Lay out large picnic blankets for kids to sit on.
- If party is inside, decorate party room like a forest by adding artificial silk trees and potted flowers.
- Cover walls with butcher paper and paint on your forest of trees, grass, flowers, sky, birds, etc.
- Use some construction paper to make your own bumble bees. Hang them with fishing line or curling ribbon from a ceiling fan to make it look as if they are flying around the room.
- Take a huge teddy bear and put him at the party entrance, then take fun helium balloons and attach them to the bear’s arm. Place a decorated picnic basket between the legs. If the bear is really big, it can serve as another photo-op.
- On the walk that leads to the door, use chalk to draw some bear paw prints.
- Put red and white balloons outside so guests find the location to the party. You can tie them to your car, tie to the mailbox or even hang the balloons from trees.
- Here's a great site for some fun Print & Play Birthday Party Games that would be a perfect party game add-on: Printable Birthday Games
Here's a whole page packed with Teddy Bear Picnic Party Games and Activities
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY FOOD IDEAS
- Teddy Bear Cave
- Teddy Bear Picnic Party hats
- Dress Your Teddy
- Teddy Bear Paws #1
- Teddy Bear Paws #2
- Bee Toss
- Teddy Bear Hunt
- Don't Spill The Honey
Serve the teddy bear picnic party food on the ground using picnic tablecloths and blankets. Give each child a sack lunch or get creative and provide each child with a small, decorated picnic basket of their own.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC FRUITS
– Strawberries, banana slices, applesauce, grapes, raisins, seedless watermelon, etc.
PEANUT BEAR AND HONEY SANDWICHES
– Use a cookie cutter to cut these fun sandwiches into a teddy bear shape.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC TATERS
– Tater tots or French fries. Yum!
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC TREATS
– Teddy grahams and delicious animal crackers.
MACARONI & CHEESE
TEDDY BEAR BURGERS
– Cut burgers out with a teddy bear cookie cutter.
ANTS ON A LOG
- Cut celery into sticks, fill with peanut butter, and top with (ants) raisins or tiny chocolate chips. Alternative: Leaves the "ants" off and let the kids put them onto their logs.
- Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe, cut into bear shapes, and decorate picnic-bear style.
– Take 3 quarts of pineapple juice (unsweetened) and mix it with 2 quarts of lemonade for a delicious punch the kids will love.
- Fill bear-shaped molds with juice and freeze into bear ice cubes. Fill plastic punch bowl with juice, add bear cubes right before serving.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY BIRTHDAY CAKE IDEAS
TEDDY BEAR CAKE #1
– Make two round cakes to make the head and body of the bear. Then, six cupcakes – 2 to make the ears and 4 to make the bear’s paws. Assemble and then use brown frosting on everything. Toast coconut and sprinkle on top of the icing as fur. Use black tube frosting to make the claws and face.
TEDDY BEAR CAKE #2
– Take a cake pan in the shape of a teddy bear, using it to bake a delicious cake. Use frosting to decorate the cake, choosing brown as the base, tan for the stomach and face and pink for the ears and paws.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY CAKE
- Make or buy a sheet cake. Create grass by frosting cake green. Create a red and white checkered tablecloth in the center of the grass using frosting or icing. Display a plastic teddy bear and picnic basket with food spilling out on top of cake.
TEDDY BEAR PHOTO CAKE
– Give a photo of your child with a favorite teddy bear to the bakery and have them put it on your birthday cake in frosting.
TEDDY BEAR CUPCAKES
– Create teddy bear faces with white cupcakes that are frosted and decorated with a bear’s face.
BUMBLE BEE CUPCAKES
- Make white cupcakes and pipe out yellow frosting on top of each cupcake to look like a beehive. Make the bees by piping on tiny yellow stripes to chocolate covered raisins. Place 2-3 bees on each cupcake.
TEDDY BEAR PICNIC PARTY FAVORS
Place Teddy Grahams, bear coloring books, mini teddy bears, gummy bears, bubbles and teddy bear stickers into small bags and hand them out as fun favors.
Teddy Bear Picnic Party Ideas
Do you have some favorite teddy bear picnic party ideas? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc.
Return To Top Of Teddy Bear Picnic Party
Return To Kids Birthday Party Ideas For Other Party Options
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas