St Patricks Day Birthday
Fun And Fabulous St Patricks Day Birthday Party Ideas
That Will Cause Your Friends To Be Green With Envy!
Top of the Mornin' to you. If you are looking for some St. Patrick's Day party ideas for a St. Paddy's birthday party, or family get together, you will find a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. You won't need to kiss a Blarney Stone or need to have the luck of the Irish to pull this event off, I have a wee bit of some magical ideas to throw your way that will have everything coming up shamrocks.
As you scroll down this page, you will soon discover lots of St Patricks Day party ideas that will help you make March 17th come alive in green St. Patrick's day style! So get ready to raise your glass to a night of fun and frolic. I'll help you create a St. Paddy's party that will make all your guests green with envy. They won't know what to say except, faith and begorrah this is a mighty fine party.
ST PATRICKS DAY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
LEPRECHAUN HAT INVITATION
– Using green cardstock, cut out a leprechaun hat. You can find a template for a leprechaun hat online if you don’t want to draw it freehand. Decorate the front of the hat with St. Patrick’s Day stickers. On the back of the hat, write, “All leprechauns are invited to follow the rainbow to a special St. Patrick’s Day party.” Add the party details to the back of the hat as well. Alternatively, you could actually buy leprechaun hats and write the party information on a small card tucked into the hat.
IRISH FLAG INVITATION
– Start with a piece of white cardstock. Fold into the shape of an invitation. Then, on the front of each invitation, draw on the Irish flag using markers and a ruler to ensure you get the flag straight. On the front of the invitation, write, “You’ve Got the Luck of the Irish – You’re Invited to a Lucky Leprechaun Party.” Inside of the invitation, include the important information for the party, including the date, time, place, contact information and other pertinent details.
- Cut out shamrock shapes from green card stock. Accent the edges with green glitter. Put all of your party details on one side and "You're In Luck! You're Invited To My St Patricks Day Birthday Party" on the reverse side.
POT OF GOLD INVITATIONS
- Using decorative scissors, cut an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of gold card stock into four pieces. Type or handwrite in calligraphy your party details. Hole-punch the upper left-hand corner, run a black ribbon through the hole and tie to a mini black pot of gold foil-wrapped Hershey Kisses or gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins. Hand-deliver your invites.
LUCKY CHARM INVITATIONS
- Cut out pieces of card stock the size of the mini Lucky Charm cereal boxes and glue to the back of the boxes. Add your party details and hand-deliver your invites.
ST PATRICKS DAY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Invite your guests to wear something green, or have them go all out and come dressed in their leprechaun best!
As your guests arrive, give everyone a shamrock-shaped name tag that turns them into an Irish lad or lassie. Examples: Charlie O'Brown, Jane O'Bennett. You could also handout green hats and beads.
Hire a couple of teenagers to do face-painting. As your guests arrive, they can have a shamrock or rainbow painted on one of their cheeks or hand.
ST PATRICKS DAY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
Here are a few St. Paddy's Day party decoration ideas to help you create a fun green birthday party:
St Patricks Day Birthday Decorations
- Tie a large bouquet of green and white balloons to your mailbox or a tree branch to let everyone know the party location.
- Make or buy large shamrocks, attach them to yard stakes, and line your walkway with them.
- Place a leprechaun yard sign in your yard that says, "Happy St Patricks Day Birthday (Name)".
- Cover an archway with green and white balloons. You can also add white lights for added interest. Finalize your arch with some fun St Patricks Day theme signs.
- Cover your front door with green paper and add either a St Patricks party greeting or St. Patricks Day birthday greeting.
- Change the light bulbs in your party room to green bulbs.
- Keep your drinks cold, accessible, while adding to your St Patricks Day birthday ambiance with this fun Inflatable Cooler Beer Mug.
- Hang green and white streamers throughout your party room.
- Hang clusters of green and white balloons throughout your party room. Be sure to have lots of green and white curling ribbons hanging off of your balloons for an added decoration.
- Hang green and white streamers in your doorways for everyone to walk through.
- Hang green metallic foil curtains in your doorways.
- For some fun St Patricks Day ideas for ceilings, cover the entire ceiling with green and white twisted streamers. This will take some time to do, but well worth it. The outcome is awesome.
- Hang shamrocks, rainbows, pots of gold, and leprechauns from the ceiling using fishing line.
- Hang shamrock garland around the party room and shamrock ceiling danglers from your ceiling.
- Make a large wall-size rainbow as a focal point of the party. Add a pot of gold at the bottom of one side of the rainbow.
- Hang shamrocks, pots of gold, rainbows, and leprechaun cut-outs on your party room walls.
- Cover your tables with green tablecloths and white table runners or with white tablecloths and green table runners.
- Sprinkle green and white confetti on the tabletops. Better yet, sprinkle green shamrocks and black pots of gold confetti.
- Place green Easter grass down the center of the table and add pots of gold chocolate coins.
- Intertwine white Christmas lights into tall plants to add green and white decor, while creating ambiance.
ST PATRICKS DAY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
If you're racking your brain for some St Patricks Day birthday party ideas relating to games, here's an entire page with nothing but St Patricks Day Games
for kids and adults.
GAMES FOR KIDS:
St. Patrick's Day Word Game
Irish Leprechaun Race
Fun St. Patty's Day Parade
Trap The Leprechaun
Pin The Stem On The Shamrock
Pot O' Gold Toss
Green, Green & More Green
St. Patricks Party Memory Game
GAMES FOR ADULTS:
Funny Leprechaun Gold Hunt
Peel An Irish Potato Game
Irish Trivia Team Game
Irish Limerick Writing Contest
Dance A Jig Contest
Dress A Leprechan Game
Print and play party games would be a perfect add-on to your St Patricks birthday party or St Patricks party. Here's an entire page with nothing but a wonderful batch of St Patricks Printable Games to also consider.
ST PATRICKS DAY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
Serve as much green and white food as possible or opt for a buffet of Irish foods.
GREEN QUESADILLAS – Go for the green by making up tasty green quesadillas. All you’ll need is some spinach tortillas, which are green and fairly easy to find. Simply make your favorite quesadillas using the spinach tortillas, or you can allow guests to make their own, choosing their favorite quesadilla toppings. Then you can cook them in the oven, on the stovetop or in a quesadilla maker.
GREEN RICE CRISPY TREATS – Rice Crispy Treats are an old favorite, and you can make them perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day birthday party by turning them green. Make the traditional recipe, but add some green food coloring to the mixture and mix well before you press the treats into a pan. You could even use a shamrock cookie cutter to cut out the treats to make them even more special.
TORTILLA CHIPS AND GUACAMOLE DIP – In a green bowl, serve up tortilla chips, adding guacamole dip on the side for guests to enjoy with the chips. It’s easy to make or purchase and it will add another green dish to your party table.
SHEPHERD'S PIE - This is an easy option to prepare and assemble ahead of time. Then all you have to do is toss it in the oven when you're getting ready to serve up dinner.
IRISH STEW - This is a great make ahead item that can be warmed up and served in a crock pot on the party day.
MINI SANDWICHES - Make mini corned beef and cabbage sandwiches and secure with toothpicks with green decorated tops.
MACARONI & CHEESE - Make up your favorite recipe of macaroni and cheese and tint it green using green food color.
FRUIT PLATTER - Serve green and white fruits like green grapes, kiwi, green apples, and honey dew melon. Serve with a yogurt dip tinted green using food coloring.
RAINBOW FRUIT KABOBS - Slices of banana, kiwi, peach, watermelon (no seeds), cantaloupe, and strawberries.
St Patricks Day Birthday Food Ideas
VEGGIE TRAY - Use all green and white veggies on your tray. Things like celery, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli, snap peas, mushrooms, etc. Serve with dill dip.
SALAD - Serve lots of salad greens with Green Goddess Dressing.
RAINBOW MUNCHIES - Rainbow goldfish rainbow crackers, rainbow Pringles, and Rice Krispie treats made with Fruity Pebbles.
POPCORN - Make up a batch of popcorn, melt some butter, tint it green with food coloring, mix it up, and serve warm.
GREEN AND WHITE MUNCHIES - Green olives, green peppers, pepperchini peppers, pretzels dipped in white chocolate and rolled in green sprinkles or green colored sugar, string cheese, onion or dill dip.
JELL-O JIGGLERS - Make green Jell-O jigglers cut into shamrock shapes using a cookie cutter. Top them off with a dollop of whip cream.
SHAMROCK COOKIES - Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe and cut out shamrock-shaped cookies using a cookie cutter. Decorate with edible green sprinkles, glitter, etc.
RAINBOW RICE KRISPIES - Make the Rice Krispie squares according to the package directions. Divide mixture into four bowls and add food coloring to each bowl and stir. Form the four mixtures into the stripes to create a rainbow shape. Serve with a dollop of frosting or whip cream for the clouds.
GREEN PUNCH - The following recipe will provide 20 servings.
2 (3-ounce) packages of lime gelatin
1 quart hot water
46- ounces pineapple juice
2 (12-ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 cups white sugar
4 1/12 cups cold water
2 liters ginger ale
Dissolve gelatin in 1 quart of hot water. After it has cooled, pour it into a large punch owl. Stir in pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, sugar, and water. When ready to serve, add the ginger ale.
MILKSHAKES - Make vanilla milkshakes and tint them green with food coloring.
ST PATRICKS DAY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKES
LOVELY GREEN LAYER BIRTHDAY CAKE – For this beautiful cake, you’ll need to bake three round cakes. For the first round cake, use food coloring to make the cake batter a very dark forest green. Then, the cake batter for the second round cake should be turned into a nice medium green using food coloring. For the last round cake, use a small amount of green food coloring to create a pale green batter. Bake the cakes. Allow to cool and then slice each round cake in half to create a total of 6 layers for the cake.
On a cake dish, place one of the forest green layers, top with white icing, then add the other forest green layer. Ice in white and top with a medium green layer, and then repeat. After icing, top with a pale green layer, ice with white and then top with the last pale green layer. Ice the top and sides in white as well. Using green icing, draw on a four leaf clover on the top of the cake and pipe green icing around the bottom edge and the top edge of the cake. The cake looks simple until you cut it, which allows you to see all the beautiful green layers of the cake.
POT OF GOLD BIRTHDAY CAKE – Make a simple double layer round cake. Stack the layers and then ice the cake in a very pale green. In the middle of the cake, write a birthday message in white icing. Buy a bag of foil wrapped chocolate coins. Arrange the coins around the edge of the round cake, creating a gold coin border. You can place a few here and there around the bottom of the cake as well.
SHAMROCK CAKE #1 - Make three or four heart-shaped cakes. For variety, use different cake mixes or recipes. After the cakes have cooled, put them together to form a shamrock and cover them with green frosting. Outline the edges with green and white candies. Add your St Patricks Day birthday greeting or St Patricks party greeting.
SHAMROCK CAKE #2 - Make your favorite cake recipe or use a cake mix and bake in a shamrock-shaped pan. Decorate it according to the pan's directions.
SHAMROCK CUPCAKES - Make or buy cupcakes and frost them light green. Then top them each with a shamrock pick or sugar shape.
RAINBOW CAKE - Make or buy a frosted sheet cake. Starting at the top of the cake and working down each side, lay a double row of Jelly Bellys, end to end, that are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. At the end of each side of your rainbow, create clouds by placing a mound of mini marshmallows or whip cream.
ST PATRICKS DAY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
Decorate cellophane bags with St. Patricks Day theme stickers and fill them with gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins, St Paddy's stickers, pencils, notepads, erasers, green bubbles, sunglasses in the shape of shamrocks, rainbow goldfish crackers, etc. In the alternative, you could fill a pot with your favors. For fun spray paint it gold.
St. Patricks Day Birthday
Do you have some favorite ideas for a St. Patricks Day birthday? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc.
Return To Top Of St Patricks Day Birthday
Return To Holiday Birthday Party Ideas For More Holiday Parties
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas