Homemade Sports Birthday Cakes
Fun And Fabulous Sports Birthday Cakes
Guaranteed To Hit A Home Run For Your Party!
Sports cakes are becoming increasingly popular among both the young and the old. Often, a sports enthusiast will play more than one sport or will enjoy more than one sport. As a result, it is often quite difficult to choose just one sport to highlight on a birthday cake. The solution is that many are creating sports cakes that highlight more than one sport.
Sports Birthday Cakes – Creating a Cake for the Sports Enthusiast in Your Life
Choosing the colors of this type of cake and the design and the layout of a cake that exhibits symbols and products from more than one type of sport may prove to be exceptionally challenging. This is why we created this page. Here, you will discover many images of cakes that highlight various types of sports. By taking the time to look through these images, you are sure to find the perfect design to create a memorable cake for the sports enthusiast in your life.
Cake Submitted By:
Johnson - U.S.
• 1 box (19.5 ounces) chocolate cake mix
• 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup marshmallow cream (such as Fluffernut®)
• 10 chocolate sandwich with vanilla filling cookies (such as Oreos®)
• 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
• 1 can (16 ounces) milk chocolate frosting
• ½ cup white canned frosting
1. Melt chocolate and let cool.
2. Make 9-inch round cake according to manufacturer's directions, adding the melted chocolate with the eggs.
3. Bake cake according to manufacturer's directions. Cool.
4. Filling: In a bowl beat butter, marshmallow cream, and caramel sauce, scraping down side of bowl as needed, until combined. Add cookies and mix to combine. Fill cake.
5. Cut and remove ½-inch-by-9-inch rectangle from the middle of the cake.
6. Glaze: Remove aluminum top from frosting. Microwave 30 seconds on high. Stir to combine until smooth.
7. Leaving the cake on the cooling rack, place the rack on a jelly roll pan. Reserve ½ cup frosting. Pour the remaining melted frosting over the cake to cover. Pour reserved frosting over removed rectangle. Let frosting glaze set completely.
8. To make the laces and markings pipe white frosting through a recloseable plastic bag whose corner has been cut or through a pastry bag with a small tip.
Now that you have looked through the pictures of our sports birthday cakes, you have likely discovered the inspiration to create your own sports birthday cakes. You may create cakes that include various types of balls, such as a football, a soccer ball, a baseball, or a tennis ball. You may design a birthday cake that includes cake topper figurines that include various types of sports participants, such as a hockey player, a football player, or a soccer player. You may even elect to utilize specially designed cake pans that aid in the creation of three dimensional sports accessories and products, such as balls, hockey sticks, and even baseball bats.
As you explored the images and conduct your research on creating this type of cake, you are sure to find that there are numerous creative and elaborate methods of creating memorable sports cakes. If you find that you need a little assistance in succeeding at this endeavor, the following instructions may assist you:
Instructions for Creating Simple Sports Birthday Cakes
- Square Cake Pan
- Cake Mix
- Square Cake Tray
- Edible Frosting Sheets That Outline the Sports of Choice
- White Fondant
- White Icing
- Blue or Pink Writing Icing (Depending on Gender of Recipient)
- Blue or Pink Fondant (Depending on Gender of Recipient)
Transform the cake mix into batter, place it in the prepared cake pan, bake the dessert and allow it to completely cool.
If the recipient is female, place pink fondant over the cake tray. If the recipient is a male, place the blue fondant over the cake tray.
Place the cake on the cake tray, cover it in the white icing and then, completely cover with white fondant.
Place the edible sports frosting sheet on top of the cake.
Surround the frosting sheet, the top edges and the bottom edges with the writing icing. If it is a female that you are creating the cake for, use the pink-colored writing icing. If it is a male that you are creating the cake for, use the blue-colored writing icing.
Now that you see how sports birthday cakes are created, it is time to initiate the process of creating your own sports-themed birthday dessert. Prior to deciding on a design, you must determine the types of sports that the birthday boy or girl plays or enjoys. Then, you should determine if you are going to go with a basic, inexpensive design or a detailed design that requires special cake pans and/or cake toppers. Once you have made these determinations, and have looked over our pictures and instructions once more, you are ready to start the cake making, baking and design process. Be certain to pull out the camera and snap a few shots of your completed cake, then, come back here and submit your images using our submission link!
Share Your Fun & Fabulous Sports Birthday Cakes
I can't wait to see a photo of your homemade sports birthday cake, along with reading the story behind your masterpiece. Thank you sharing!
Return To Top Of Sports Birthday Cakes
Return To Birthday Cake Picture Page For Other Homemade Cakes
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas