Over The Hill Party Games For A Humerous Birthday Bash!
Fun And Fabulous Over The Hill Party Games
Perfect For Your "Old-Timer!"
If you are considering throwing an
Over The Hill Party
for your friend or loved one's birthday, then I must assume they have a great sense of humor! It's the perfect theme for anyone celebrating a milestone birthday--30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, etc. and it offers lots of opportunities to have fun at the birthday honoree's expense!
So, if you are inclined in this direction then you will want to plan some games to entertain your crew as they all join in celebrating the downhill side of life. The following Over the Hill games and activities are provided so you can keep your party interesting, entertaining, and without a lot of lag time taking place.
OVER THE HILL PARTY GAMES & ACTIVITIES
The following Over the Hill party games and activities are provided so you can keep your party interesting, entertaining, and without a lot of lag time.
OVER THE HILL PARTY GAMES - TRAVEL DOWN MEMORY LANE
- Gather old pictures of the birthday honoree from birth to the present and put them on a DVD, add a few fun captions, set it to music and show at the party.
WALKER RELAY RACES
– For this fun game, you will need to have at least two walkers. Make sure you do not get the type of walkers that have wheels on them. Before the party, make a starting line and a finish line, making them about 20 feet apart. To play the game, divide your “over the hill” guests into two teams. Give each team a walker. Then, when the game starts, the first person on the team has to walk using the walker to the finish line and back. Players have to use the walkers correctly and cannot just lift the walker and carry it to the finish line. Once the player comes back to start, the next player grabs the walker and repeats the same thing. This continues until one team finishes, winning the old folks walker relay race. This is one of the over the hill party games that is sure to bring lots of laughter to your party.
RETRO DANCE OFF
– Another fun idea for over the hill party games is to have a retro dance off. You will need a disco ball to hang up in the dance area. Then, you will also need a playlist of old disco dance tunes. Have three judges for the dance off. Then, start playing the playlist of disco dance tunes and have all your part guests hit the dance floor. See who can remember all of those old dance moves, such as the Mashed Potato or the Hustle. Have judges pick out three winners – “best dance moves,” “most limber dancer” and “funniest dancer.” Everyone will enjoy dancing to old favorites.
THE LOWEST PRICE CONTEST
– Before the over the hill party, make up a list of common grocery or household goods, such as toilet paper, eggs, milk, dish soap, laundry detergent, bread, gas, paper towels, ground beef, shampoo, etc. Put this list on paper using your computer and then print out a list for each guest. Give guests a list as well as something to write with for this game. Have all your guests go through the list, writing down the very lowest price that they ever paid for the items on the list. Give your guests about five minutes to complete the list. Then, have guests add up all the prices on the list to come up with a final dollar amount. The player that “spends” the lowest amount of money will win the game and be crowned the “over the hill” buyer for the day.
OLD FOLKS SIMON SAYS
– This variation of Simon Says is simply hilarious. Everyone will have a blast as they play this game. For the game, you will need to have enough ear plugs for all the guests and blindfolds for everyone playing as well. You will also need someone to lead the game as “Simon.” Before beginning the game, have everyone don their earplugs and their blindfolds. Then, the lead has to try to shout loud enough to make sure that players can hear the directions to the game and players have to try to carry out the instructions without being able to see and with difficulty hearing. Everyone will be stumbling around trying to follow the instructions from Simon. Of course, if they do not follow the directions, they are out of the game. Anyone who does something when the lead does not say “Simon says…” will be out of the game as well. See who survives until the end of the game and make sure they get a prize – they will definitely have earned that prize!
Over the Hill Party Ideas for
Trivia Questions Pertaining to 1960
1. Who was president in 1960?
2. What was the average cost of a new home?
3. What was the cost of a first-class stamp?
4. What was the cost of a gallon of regular gas?
5. What was the cost of a dozen eggs?
6. What was the cost of a gallon of milk?
7. What was the federal debt?
8. Who received a Grammy for the Best Pop Male Vocal and for what song?
9. Which movie was the top money maker and how much did it make?
10. What was the #1 TV show in 1960?
11. What political office did Bobby Kennedy hold while he was running for President in 1968?
12. What was the name of the human on the TV show "Alvin and the Chipmunks"?
13. The "rambler" was sold by what dealership?
14. Where did Martin Luther King give his "I have a dream" speech?
15. Who said, "The Devil made me do it"?
16. Who recorded the album "White Light/White Heat"?
17. What was the headgear popularized by Jackie Kennedy?
18. Who was known as the "Golden Bear"?
19. What politician's slogan was "In your heart, you know he's right."
20. Who was Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year in 1960?
1. Dwight D. Eisenhower
7. $290.5 billion
8. Georgia on My Mind, Ray Charles
9. Psycho, $32,000,000
11. Senator from New York
13. American Motors
14. Lincoln Memorial
15. Flip Wilson
16. The Velvet Underground
17. Pill box hat
18. Jack Nicklaus
19. Barry Goldwater
20. Arnold Palmer
Share Your Ideas For
Fun Over The Hill Party Games
Share your fun ideas for a Over The Hill Party games. This will give other site visitors an opportunity to use your ideas to help them create a memorable and fun Oscar Party.
Return To Top Of Over The Hill Party Games
Return To Over The Hill Party Ideas
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas