New Years Birthday Party Ideas To Help You Ring In The New Year!
Fun And Fabulous New Years Birthday Party Ideas
To Help You Create A Family Friend New Year's Bash!
The holiday season is about to come to an end, but there's one more important event of the year. Don't let your friends or your loved ones who happen to have a birthday during the New Year's season pass by without suitable fanfare. It's all too easy to let that birthday come and go without any celebration because she or he was born near or on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. You gotta suck it up and get ready to celebrate in style!
To help get you started, here are some New Year's Eve party ideas that are suitable and transferable for creating a memorable New Years birthday, New Year's Eve theme party, or a New Year's Day party. So, take a deep breath, catch your second wind, and let's ring in the New Year and create a shindig to remember!
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
CONFETTI AND STREAMERS NEW YEAR’S INVITATIONS
– Start out with some black cardstock, folding a square of the cardstock in half. On the front of the invitation, use silver glitter pens to write “You are Invited to Ring in a Special Birthday!” Then, use some glitter glue in various bright colors to design curling streamers all over the front of the birthday party invitation. Using some glue and some small, glittery pieces of confetti, glue the confetti to the invitation as well. You will end up with an invitation that looks like it has New Year’s confetti and streamers on the front of it. Inside of the invitation, use the silver glitter pen to write out party details for your guests as well.
SPARKLER PARTY INVITATIONS
– Another fun idea for invitations for a New Year’s birthday party is to send out sparkler party invitations. All kinds of fireworks are popular on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Buy boxes of sparklers, purchasing a small box for each guest you plan to invite to your New Year’s birthday party. On a piece of cream colored cardstock, use glitter pens in the party colors you have chosen to write out all the information for your party. Then, you should punch a hole in the cardstock with a hole punch and use brightly colored ribbon to tie the card to the box of sparklers. You can deliver these cool invites by hand to your guests, since it is best to avoid sending fireworks by mail. You can add a note asking guests to bring their sparklers to the party so they can enjoy using them as they celebrate the birthday of the guest of honor.
- Cut out a round or square clock shape from poster board and add a clock face, which reflects the start time of your party. Put the important details of your party on the back side and mail them out.
- Cut out big lips from red card stock. Party details should be placed on one side of the lips and "Let's Kiss In The New Year" on the reverse side or "Come Help Me Kiss In My New Years Birthday".
- Design the written portion of your invitation on the computer or if you happen to have a flair for calligraphy, then design it by hand. Then all that needs to be done is to attach it to a New Year's type of a horn and hand-deliver them.
BLACK TOP HAT INVITATIONS
- Follow the directions above in the Horn Invitations except use a piece of white textured paper and black and white curling ribbons. Attach to a black, cardboard top hat or a black plastic top hat (used for party favors). Hand-deliver your invites.
SPARKLING APPLE CIDER INVITATIONS
- Follow the directions above in the Horn Invitations except use a piece of scrapbook paper and curling ribbons that coordinates with your bottle colors. Attach to a bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider, Sparkling Grape Cider, or Sparkling Cranberry cider. Hand-deliver your invites.
CHAMPAGNE GLASS INVITATIONS
- Follow the directions above in the Horn Invitations except use a piece of birthday printed scrapbook paper or New Year's Eve scrapbook paper and curling ribbons that coordinate with the paper. Attach to the stem of a plastic champagne glass. Hand-deliver your invites.
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY - COSTUMES
Invite and/or encourage your guests to wear funny New Year's Eve hats and give out a prize for the funniest hat. If you don't go this route, as your guests arrive, be sure to provide everyone with fun party hats, tiaras, and noisemakers so they can whoop it up throughout the night. You might also consider opting to glow-it-up and give everyone glow necklaces, bracelets, and wands as they arrive.
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
Whether you are looking for some New Year's Eve or New Years birthday party ideas for decor, you can easily adapt the following to either type of party.
For example, if you like the idea of mystery, then you might want to consider hosting a Masquerade Party
. The night can be filled with not only mystery, but also intrigue and suspense.
If the thought of a Black Light Party
sounds like the perfect New Year's Eve party idea or birthday idea, then here's a lot of fantabulous ideas to help you rock the night away in black light style.
If you are interested in hosting a more formal and gala affair, then you will want to check out these great Black And White Party Ideas
before making a final party theme determination.
If color is your thing, then you can opt to decorate your party room with lots of bright, bold colors, while bringing in the glitz and glam of some well-placed, splashy, wow-factor decor, which is what this party page will focus upon. Here are some options and ideas that will engage those creative juices:
- Cover your ceiling with a large fishnet and fill with colorful balloons. At the stroke of midnight, let 'em rip!
- Another ceiling option is to cover it with sheer fabric and fill with confetti. Ohhhh! yes, at the stroke of midnight, release your bountiful booty to fall upon everyone's heads.
- Hang metallic danglers, shooting stars, or small mirrored balls from the ceiling.
- If a party ever cried out for strobe and laser lights, this is the one that you will want to pull out all the stops.
- An absolute must are colorful streamers and bouquets of balloons. The more, the better!
- This is the kind of party where you can't have too much confetti. Sprinkle it around on tabletops, the floor, birthday present table, etc.
- >Hang a Happy New Years Birthday banner on one of your party room walls.
- Nothing says, "I care" as bringing out photos of the birthday person during various stages of their life. Blow them up and plaster the walls with fun photos of the birthday person for everyone to enjoy.
- Since New Year's Eve celebrations are one of the biggest events of the year, coupled with a birthday of a friend or loved one, you will want to consider creating some type of a fun focal point to enhance them both.
Here's a great Enchanted Clock Arch that reads just before midnight, the hour of enchantment.
- Gift baskets can do triple-time as centerpieces, then as a prize to a game, or as party favors.
- Another great centerpiece option that can do double-duty is to fill large decorative bowls or upside down top hats with colorful shred and place noisemakers and horns in them. Attach bouquets of balloons and add some curling ribbons. Your guests can enjoy the beauty of the centerpieces during the party and use them to blow their face off when it strikes midnight or to honk out and sing Happy New Years Birthday!
- Accent your tables with metallic table skirts.
- Use upside down top hats to hold chips.
- Light up the night with fun LED glasses and ice cubes, or fiber optic party wands and branches. Here's a great website that has lots of fun items for a glowing good time.
- My favorite decorating material is gossamer because of its versatility. It comes in many colors and can be used to cover tables, walls, your ceiling, floor, and furniture to transform an ordinary room into party central.
- Here's some New Year's Eve party ideas to help you make your Christmas tree do double-duty. Remove all of the Christmas decorations except for the lights. Then decorate the tree using New Year's decor. If you're celebrating a New Years birthday, then be sure to add some birthday decor also.
Decorate your tree with noisemakers, horns, metallic shred, mini black top hats, tiaras, Happy New Year and/or Happy Birthday garland, colorful flame resistant serpentines (those rolls of colorful paper curls), metallic beaded garland, twirly whirlies, party blowouts, birthday danglers, streamers, mini helium birthday balloons, etc.
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
Are you looking for fabulous game ideas for your New Years birthday party? If so, you are at the right place. We have compiled a huge list of exciting games you can play at your New Year’s party and you will find games for many different themes and for various ages as well. Whether you’re throwing a party for adults or a party for toddlers, you are sure to find games that will work perfectly for your unique party game needs. Pick several of these exciting games to add to your party or let them inspire you to come up with some fun games of your own for the party. If this sounds like something that might be of interest to your party planning needs, I've set-up this New Years Games
page that contains:
- Honor Your New Years Birthday Person
- New Years Birthday Word Game
- Pass The Present
- Newlywed Game
- Time Charades
- Time Capsule
- Funny Hat Contest
- Guess Who
- Dance Contest
Another fun idea that would be a great game option for guests of almost any age is a New Year's Eve Scavenger Hunt
. This is a fun way to take up a good chunk of time, while ensuring your guests stay entertained and everyone is waiting for Big Ben to strike midnight.
For some quick and easy games, you might want to consider one of these Printable New Year's Eve Games
. They generally have no limits on how many people can play them at one time, which obviously makes them a great choice when you have a large crowd.
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY PARTY FOOD
If you want to make it easy on yourself and a little less formal, opt for lots of munchies and appetizers. This way, everyone may graze throughout the night while mingling. Anything you can make ahead of time and freeze will be one less thing to concern yourself with on the day of your party.
Another fun option that would ease the cooking burden, would be to invite each of your guests to bring a dish in keeping with their ethnic backgrounds. To ensure you have sufficient main dishes, not too many desserts, and plenty of salad, you could assign food categories to everyone.
If you're up for the challenge, then see the year out in style. Break out your best china and wow them with a show-stopping sit-down dinner. Be sure to add vases of fresh flowers and candelabras for mood lighting.
- Serve bowls of mixed nuts or small bowls of individual nuts like pecans, cashews, Macadamia nuts, almonds, peanuts, etc.
- Shrimp and cocktail sauce. Yummy!
- when you're lookin' to spice things up a bit, stuffed jalapeno peppers are always a great option. To make them even hotter, use spicy hot pork sausage as part of your filling.
- The perfect party food that's easy to make, creates an attractive and inviting display, and tasty too.
- Grilled to perfection and served with fun, flavorful sauces.
- Start with pre-made mini pie crusts and fill them with your favorite quiche recipe.
- Prepare your favorite cheese fondue or cheese and meat fondue and serve with specialty crackers, cut-up French or Sourdough bread, cubes of ham, blanched broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, or cut-up apple slices soaked in lemon juice so they won't brown.
MAKE YOUR OWN PIZZA BAR
- Provide bowls of cut-up pepperoni, ham, BBQ chicken, sausage, sliced olives, mushrooms, onions, pineapple bits, shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and pizza sauce. Give each teen an individual-sized pizza crust and let them create their own pizzas.
MAKE YOUR OWN TACO BAR
- Provide shells, shredded chicken, hamburger, sour cream, lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, etc.
BAKED POTATO BAR
- Provide bowls of butter, sour cream, bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese or heated cheddar cheese soup, cooked broccoli, fresh chives, etc.
- Serve up a nice pot of chocolate fondue along with strawberries (if you can find any), sliced bananas, apples slices, cubes of pound cake, marshmallows, lady fingers, and brownies if you really want to O.D. on chocolate.
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY PARTY CAKES
- Cover a cake with a fluffy frosting making lots of peaks and swirls. Throw on colored sprinkles or candy confetti on the top and sides. Top it off with a New Year's decorative spray or and star garland. Add "Happy New Years Birthday (Name)" and you're good to go.
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY CUPCAKES
- Cover cupcakes with fluffy, white frosting. Top with candy confetti. Create small birthday packages out of cubes of cake covered with fondant. Top each package with a fondant bow. Place one package on top of each cupcake.
-Frost a round or square cake; then add sprinkles on the sides of the cake. Create a clock face on top of the cake leaving a 1" to 2" clearance from the edges. Then pipe on a Happy New Years Birthday (Name) greeting or a Happy New Year (Date) in the cleared edge.
PARTY HAT CAKE
- After frosting your cake, pipe out a decorative edge along the top and bottom of the cake in two different colors. Top off the cake with a party hat created from a large triangle of fondant and decorated with various colored fondant circles. Give the hat a pom-pom look by using a curly bow made of curling ribbons. Add a Happy New Years birthday or New Year's message.
LITERAL NEW YEAR CAKE
Whatever the new year is going to be, make individual cakes for each of those numbers. For example, the year 2012 would require you make two "2's", one "0", and one "1". Frost each cake in a different color or make them all the same color. Add sprinkles, confetti, or pipe on a design, along with a birthday or New Year's message.
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
For younger kids, fill decorative cellophane bags with stickers, tattoos, pencils, crayons and coloring book, squirt toys, confetti, die cast cars, trucks, and planes, New Year's Eve popper and horn.
For teens, you can fill the bags with yo-yos, paddle ball, lip gloss, nail polish, confetti, hair clips, sunglasses, key chain, Silly String, hacky sacks, bookmarks, sports bottle, New Year's Eve popper and horn.
For adults, you can fill champagne glasses with truffles, Hershey Kisses or mini scented soaps, gift certificate to Starbucks, candles, coasters, chocolate roses, bath salts, New Year's Eve popper and horn.
New Years Birthday
Do you have some favorite ideas for a New Years birthday? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of New Years Birthday
Return To Holiday Birthday Party Ideas For More Holiday Parties
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas