Masquerade Party Ideas Guaranteed To Mask The Real You
Fun And Fabulous Masquerade Party Ideas
For An Evening Of Intrigue & Disguise!
Masquerade parties offer the opportunity to use a lot of fun color and decorations. While gathering together ideas for your masquerade soiree, you will quickly realize that you can add an air of mystery and excitement, or perhaps a bit of sophistication and class, or opt for a more informal yet very fun party--the choice is yours.
When you send out your invitations, invite those fun-loving friends of yours to step out of their shells, hide behind a fabulous mask, and cloak themselves in a persona that they have longed to assume. To help you create that mesmerizing masquerade party, I have put together lots of ideas for invites, decor, party food, and everything else in between. So let the good times roll, start scrolling, picking and choosing, and let's create a great masquerade theme party.
MASQUERADE PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
Start the party right by enticing your friends to your masquerade party by sending out some fun, colorful and intriguing invitations. Here's several ideas for Masquerade Party Invitations
that will bring the air of mystery to life and set the tone of your party for an evening of disguise.
MASQUERADE PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Half the fun of a masquerade party is dressing up and striving to camouflage your identity. Be sure to invite guests to join in on the fun and conceal whom they are, while getting into character with a fun, colorful costume.
If you're goal is to be the Belle of the Ball, then you will probably want to invest a bit of time in looking for just the right costume. I found a couple of great Masquerade Gowns
, which would truly make a statement and give you quite a unique look.
If you are thinking of investing in buying an Elizabethan Masquerade Mask
, an Italian masquerade mask, or perhaps a Venetian styled masquerade mask, then you'll want to check these masks out and see if they might help to conceal the real you.
Another option to consider, how about make your own masquerade mask? If you are crafty, wanting a one-of-a-kind mask, or just curious about what it takes to accomplish this task, then click on over to our Make Your Own Masquerade Mask
Be sure to "strongly" request that all of your guests hide their identity with a mask and/or costume so that everyone can have a fun time trying to guess who is hidden behind that wild mask, that crazy hat, or perhaps that dramatic costume.
If you didn't require everyone to come in costume, you might want to place a large black, gold, or silver container near your party entrance and fill it with colorful masks for your guests to take as they arrive. Of course you can always buy ready-made masks, but if you're feeling a bit creative, you might want to decorate them yourself with things like tulle, jewels, feathers, glitter, rhinestones, sequins, etc.
MASQUERADE PARTY IDEAS FOR MASQUERADE DECORATIONS
A masquerade party lends itself nicely to use just about any color combination that you would like. It is best to work with two or three colors, with one of the colors being silver or gold. Here are some of my favorite color combinations that work well for a masquerade theme party:
- Black and silver
- Black, white, and silver
- Purple, green, and gold
- Red, purple, and gold
- Fuchsia, Green, and silver
- Red, black, and silver
There are so many options for a masquerade theme party and many items are a crossover into Mardi Gras decorations. If you are trying to keep your costs down, then you will want to decorate your rooms with lots of streamers and balloons, add a bit of confetti, glitter, and Mardi Gras beads. If you have the money to splurge a bit, then you'll just have to reign yourself in a bit so you don't buy yourself into masquerade oblivion. Either way you will want to check out these great Masquerade Decoration Ideas
that will help you create a great masquerade party that everyone is sure to enjoy.
MASQUERADE PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
If you are trying to hunt up just the right games for your party, then you're in luck as I have a few to throw into the mix. I've create this Masquerade Party Games and Activities
page which contains all the necessary info you need to play the following:
- Printable Games
- Ask Me About...
- Guess Who
- Guess How Many
- Photos Galore
- Hidden Message
- I Brought To The Party...
- Forbidden Word
- Trivial Pursuit On The Run
MASQUERADE PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
When it comes to food, you could opt for finger foods, which would work just great for a party of this type. This type of food lends itself nicely to allow you to prepare things days ahead of time so you don't need to feel pressured. Also, it is a perfect way to get guests to mingle as they munch and graze their way around the buffet table. Here's some great masquerade party ideas for food to help make your soiree absolutely marvelous!
– Cheese fondue is a delicious and elegant addition to your food tables. You’ll need a fondue pot so you can keep the fondue warm. Have a variety of different dippers for the fondue, such as pieces of bread, crackers, veggies and other favorite dippers that you think will go with the cheese fondue.
– Cheese platters make a perfect food idea for masquerade parties, since you want to stick with foods that can easily be eaten with a mask on. Make a nice cheese platter with a variety of different cheeses. Elegant cheese platters generally include some fruit, crackers, and in some cases, nuts, or other crunchy items. Arrange on a nice cheese board and place on your party table.
– Bruschetta offers an elegant finger food that will fit in perfectly with your theme. One idea for tasty bruschetta is basil and roasted cherry tomato bruschetta, but you can choose many different combinations. Look for tasty, easy bruschetta recipes online.
Masquerade Party Ideas For Food
– To keep things easy for your guests to eat, go with some bite-sized sushi for an elegant appetizer. Start with small spoons, placing bite-sized sushi on each spoon. Tie a purple ribbon around each spoon to make it look pretty and then arrange the spoons on a platter. This makes it easy for your guests to eat the sushi right off the spoon, not to mention, the platter of spoons will look stunning too.
FANCY SPICED NUTS
– Fancy spiced nuts, such as spiced almonds, cashews or walnuts all make delicious additions to your table. You can choose savory spiced nuts or sweet spiced nuts, or you could even have bowls of both for guests to choose from.
- Fill a large tray full of cold, iced shrimp or make up a platter of warm shrimp kabobs and serve them up with some cut-up lemon wedges and cocktail sauces that are mild and spicy.
- These are always a yummy party add-on. Quick and easy to make and yet offer an air of elegance.
- Make mini sandwiches using rye, marble, and white breads. Fill them with chicken salad or a yummy cream cheese filling. Then be sure to cut off the crusts and cut them into quarters. Secure each quarter with a decorative toothpick.
Masquerade Party Ideas For Food
- Save yourself some time and opt for using frozen quiche or if you happen to have a deli/restaurant nearby that makes killer quiche, then order up a couple for an added treat.
- Provide a tray of strawberries, sliced kiwi, grapes, balls of melons, blackberries and raspberries. You could also serve up a fruit assortment on skewers. Either way, have some whipped cream available for yummy dipping.
- Either make your favorite pasta salad recipe or buy some ready-made pasta salad. If you opt to make your own, be sure to use the various colored pasta noodles for added party fun.
- Either make your favorite Caesar salad recipe or buy some ready-made. Either way, I vote to hold the anchovies! Be sure to serve it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, in case your guests want their salads to be a little more cheesier.
MASQUERADE MASK COOKIES
– One fabulous food idea for your masquerade party is to make your own masquerade mask cookies. Start with sugar cookie dough. Cut dough into circles, then gently manipulate the circles until they are just slightly oval shaped. Then, connect two of the ovals, making a mask shape. Bake the cookies and then decorate with icing to look like masquerade masks. Have fun making different patterns and using different colors on the mask cookies.
Ideas For Food
- Proper lighting with a chocolate fountain and pieces of cut-up Angel food cake or strawberries make for an instant romantic fare.
- Combine 2 ounces of passion fruit and 1 ounce of lime juice. Pour over glass filled with ice. Add club soda or lemon-lime beverage like Sprite. Garnish with wedge of lime.
- Mix together equal parts of mango and peach juice, along with some ginger ale, soda water or Sprite. Add some ice to it when you are ready to serve it up and garnish some swizzle sticks with pieces of pineapple.
- Add to a large punch bowl equal amounts of chilled lemonade, grape juice, and sparkling water. Toss in an ice ring that has pieces of fruit frozen into it and your cooler is ready to go.
- Mix together equal portions of chilled orange, passion fruit, and pineapple juices. Then all you need to do is add some ice to keep it chilled or perhaps an ice rink and garnish the bowl with lemon wedges.
Masquerade Party Ideas For Food
- Opt for sparkling grape, apple, or cranberry juice, tea, soda, water, etc.
If you decide to have a sit-down affair, then of course, you will want to pull out all of the stops and lean towards hitting the mark of elegance. Here are a few masquerade party ideas to help get your elegant groove on:
- Place a large, ornate mirror on a standing easel at the entryway to your dining area. using a washable paint marker, write your menu in calligraphy onto the mirror.
- Roasted Rosemary Chicken
- Prime Rib & Mashed Potatoes
- Beef Wellington
- Petite Pork Roast
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Caesar Salad
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Arugula Salad
- Mashed Potatoes
- Asparagus Parmigianino
- Grilled Corn On The Cob, (Remove From Cob Before Serving)
- Lemon Sorbet
- Peaches & Cream Pie
- Creme Brule
MASQUERADE PARTY IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKES
MASQUERADE MASK CUPCAKES
– Cupcakes are a great choice for your masquerade party, since they are easy to eat with masks on than pieces of cake. Make your own masquerade cupcakes by starting with cupcakes in a fun flavor. Ice all the cupcakes with dark purple icing. Then, using gold or silver icing, draw a small mask on each cupcake and color it in with frosting. You can embellish the mask with candy or edible glitter, making gorgeous cupcakes that will look amazing on your food tables. You could even make enough cupcakes to send one home with each guest as a favor at the end of the party.
FONDANT MASK DOUBLE LAYER ROUND CAKE
– Start by baking a double layer round cake in the favorite flavor of the guest of honor. Using icing, place the layers together. Decorate the entire cake with a deep blue fondant icing. Around the side of the round, add fondant letters that say, “Happy Birthday, (NAME)!” Pipe gold and silver borders around the bottom of the cake and then do the same around the top outer edge of the cake. Cover the entire top of the cake in gold and silver edible glitter or sugar. Find a mask template online and use it to make a mask shape out of fondant. Decorate the fondant mask with edible glitter and other edible embellishments. Place on the very top of the cake.
Masquerade Party Ideas For Cakes
EASY MASQUERADE CUPCAKES AND DISPLAY
– Make your favorite cupcakes. Decorate them in one of your party colors and then embellish the cupcakes with sprinkles, edible glitter or edible sugar. Arrange the cupcakes on a cupcake tray. At the top of the cupcake serving tray, attach a beautiful masquerade mask in a color that goes with the color of your cupcakes. Add a few feathers to the mask using some hot glue. You’ll have simple cupcakes that are easy to make, but the display will look amazing.
- Start with a rectangular cake and frost it in one of your party colors. You can either make it or buy it and then all you need to do is to top it off with a fun decorated masquerade mask and perhaps some colorful sprinkles.
MASQUERADE PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
If you want to give your guests a little something to remember the party by, you might to give out some colorful beads, decorated masks, party photos, or a special party photo framed. Once again, if you hire some high school photography students, they can be busy printing out photos and placing them into frames so they are ready to go when the party is over.
Masquerade Party Ideas
Do you have some favorite Masquerade party ideas? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc.
Return To Top Of Masquerade Party Ideas
Return To Adult Birthday Party Ideas For More Adult Party Options
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas