Make Your Own Masquerade Mask And Conceal The Real You In Mystery!
Fun And Fabulous Ideas To Help You
Make Your Own Masquerade Mask
Whether you are hosting the party or going to one that requires you to wear a masquerade mask, you have the option to try your hand at making your own or opting for one that is ready-made. To help you get an ideas of what might be involved in making the mask, I've put together a supply list, along with some how-to instructions to assist you in this regard.
So, whether you are wanting to look mysterious, elegant, intriguing, or chic, this can easily be accomplished with just the right mask to compliment that special costume that you have selected. Here are some mask ideas to help get you started and get your frugal and creative juices flowing:
HOW TO DECORATE YOUR MASK
- Plain white mask or unfinished paper mache mask
- Acrylic paints
- One 12" dowel for each mask
- Colored feathers
- Feather boa
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Start with an unfinished paper mache mask. For added interest when creating a lady's mask, select one that has cat-eye shaped cutouts. For a man's mask, you will want one that covers the forehead.
- Paint the mask using a shiny, metallic paint or an acrylic paint.
- If you plan on attaching the mask to a dowel, then paint it the same color as you do the mask.
- Decorate the mask with colored feathers, ribbons, glitter, sequins, rhinestones, or a piece of feather boa.
- If you want to create a veil to hide the lower half of your face, gather a half-yard of tulle, tie it off to hold the gather in place, and glue to the bottom inside of the mask.
- Glue dowel to the back right-hand side of the mask, if you plan on using one. Otherwise, punch small holes on either side of the mask and thread a ribbon through to tie onto your head.
After reading this, if you're having second thoughts and don't want to make your own masquerade mask, then you might consider checking out these Elizabeth masquerade masks, Italian masquerade masks, and Venetian masquerade masks. They're not only reasonably priced, but fun and fabulous!
Now that you have your mask figured out, if you are the one who is throwing a masquerade theme party and you are still looking for some
Masquerade Party Ideas
, then click on over for some great options for costumes, decorations, cakes, party food, and favors.
Return To Top Of Make Your Own Masquerade Mask
Return To Masquerade Party Ideas
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas