Kids Party Food Ideas To Create A Fun Food Fest
Fun And Fabulous Kids Party Food Ideas
That Are Sure To Make Little Tummies Happy!
Kids birthday party food should be simple and easy to make. Add creative, fun, and delicious to the mix and you have a recipe for success. It's best to provide a variety of kid-friendly favorites and fabulous finger foods for a kid party; this way there will be something for everyone!
Also, when it comes to getting kids to eat something that they have not eaten in the past, presenting the food in a fun way will automatically engage their visual senses and start the mind wanting to venture out and try it. For example, serve up macaroni and cheese in a fun container. If you're having a beach party, put it into a new beach pail and serve it up with a plastic shovel.
A traditional PB&J all of a sudden becomes new and interesting when you use cookie cutters to coincide with your party theme to cut out your sandwiches into interesting shapes.
For an undersea party or perhaps a Finding Nemo theme, you could make a multi-colored gelatin desert in a fish bowl. Be sure to put some gummy fish in so they look like they are swimming. Who wouldn't want to dive into this bowl of fun!
Kids Party Food Ideas
So, as you begin to look through the following foods that tend to be kids' favorites, think about your theme and what kind of unique serving containers you might be able to use that coincide with your theme:
- Baby carrots and celery sticks with Ranch dressing
- Cheese cubes and string cheese
- Chex mix
- Chicken nuggets and chicken wings
- Chow mein noodles
- Egg rolls
- Finger sandwiches with crusts trimmed and cut into 4 squares
- French fries and tater tots
- Fruit (melon balls, strawberries, grapes)
- Fruit leathers
- Goldfish crackers, Cheese-Its, and Teddy Grahams
- Ice cream (individual cups, cones, sundaes)
- Juice, punch, sprite served with juice ice cubes
- Macaroni & cheese
- Mini pigs in a blanket
- Pink lemonade
- Pizza cut party style (squares & diamonds), pizza rolls, pizza pockets, or mini bagel pizzas
- Potato chips, Fritos, nacho chips, and pretzels
- Rainbow sherbet floats with Sprite
- Rice Crispie treats
- Root-beer floats with vanilla ice cream
- Sandwiches cut into fun shapes using cookie cutters
- Tortilla chips and salsa
To add to the party atmosphere, label your food to coincide with your theme.
For example, a pirate's party lends itself to serving sea dogs (hot dogs) and golden nuggets (chicken nuggets). A rubber ducky party might serve quackers and cheese (crackers and cheese). A Noah's Ark party might serve a Noah's Ark fruit boat, animal cookies, and alligator punch. A construction party could serve bulldozer burgers and dynamite dogs (hamburgers and hotdogs).
Return To Top Of Kids Party Food
Return To Party Food Ideas For Other Food Categories
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas