John Deere Birthday Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous John Deere Birthday Party Ideas
To Help You Construct A John Deere 1st Birthday!
A John Deere party for a 1st birthday is a wonderful choice, especially if your little one loves everything tractor. This is a great party theme as it provides wonderful eye candy for little ones to enjoy--all the yellow and green decor, the yummy farm treats, and all the great games will certainly make for a terrific party that tots are sure to enjoy.
As this milestone party is a once in a lifetime occurrence, parents generally pull out all the stops and want everything to be wonderful. This way, when the child is older and can understand, parents will be able to re-live the most memorable birthday, with photos that will tell the story of their 1st birthday in splendorous style!
JOHN DEERE BIRTHDAY PARTY
IDEAS FOR JOHN DEERE INVITATIONS
Constructing an invitation is your initial announcement of your child’s party. Therefore, remember to incorporate some creative ideas and make sure it is a teaser of all the fun to come. So if you're planning a John Deere theme party for your little one's 1st birthday, here are some ideas for the invitations.
JOHN DEERE TRACTOR INVITATIONS
- Cut out tractor shapes from green card stock and write all your party details on one side and something like, "We're truckin' in the fun for (Name's) 1st Birthday" on the front side. Be sure to add a little hay inside the envelope.
- Cut barn doors out of red card stock and make them so they open up. Then add your party details inside. You might include a little hay inside the envelope for added fun.
JOHN DEERE LOGO INVITES
- Download the logo and cut it out of cardstock. Put your party details on the reverse side.
- Type out your party details on tractor printed scrapbook paper and attach to a mini hay bale and hand-deliver.
FARM ANIMAL INVITES
- Type out your party details on tractor printed scrapbook paper and tie around the neck of a beanbag farm animal and hand-deliver.
Little Extras To Make John Deere Birthday
Invitations Super Special
Wording For John Deere Birthday
- For added interest, you might consider gluing some cut-outs of tractors on the front of the envelopes. Another option would be to use a rubber stamp to create a decorative touch. Also, stickers are a quick way to add color and theme.
- Decorate the invites with green and yellow swirly lines and write the invitation wording in green and yellow too.
- On the outside of the envelopes use John Deere stickers to seal them. You can even buy specialty John Deere stamps for the postage.
Here's some suggested wording you might use for your John Deere Birthday Invitations:
Start by writing on the outside, “It’s a 1st birthday party for our little Deere.” Write "Deere" in green and the rest of the words in black. Or you could say, "We're building a great party and you're invited!"
On the inside of the card write, “We are inviting you to help us rev up our engines as we celebrate the 1st birthday of (name).
We hope you can attend and watch as (he/she) plows into the birthday cake and reaps the rewards!
We are hoping for no inclement weather so (he/she) can plant the way for a fun-filled day. There’s no tilling what can happen!”
You can then proceed to fill in the information for the address and time of day of the party, etc.
With your imagination and some pictures of John Deere tractors to add for flair, your birthday party theme will be one your guests will talk about for a long time to come and will create memories and pictures to last a lifetime.
JOHN DEERE BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
This is a super easy party to let your guests get in touch with their inner farmer. Invite your little ones to come in their farmer best. They could wear any of the following to your John Deere party: Overalls, jeans, plaid shirts, boots, or straw hat.
In the alternative or in addition to, you might consider tying a little bandana around your guests' necks as they arrive or give out straw hats or hard hats.
JOHN DEERE BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR JOHN DEERE DECORATIONS
A first birthday is a special and memorable moment, and you will want to celebrate in style, however, the most important thing to remember is to keep the party child-friendly.
Be aware of choking hazards and putting items high enough so they are out of your toddler's reach.
A John Deere theme party would be fairly simple to decorate for, and plenty of fun for the little ones.
JOHN DEERE BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR JOHN DEERE GAMES & ACTIVITIES
PIN THE TRACTOR IN THE FIELD
- Rather than decorating with birthday theme crepe paper, why not swap it out for yellow construction caution tape? This can be found at your local hardware or most big box stores.
- Danger signs can be constructed out of yellow, orange or red and white poster board and black permanent marker. Trace out a square shape and turn it on an angle before writing, so that the sign appears "diamond" shaped, with a point at the top, the bottom, and each side.
Be creative with your construction signs - rather than a simple "Happy Birthday" sign, how about "Party Hat Required Inside", or "Danger - Entering Party Zone", or "Toddler at Play".
- Plastic yellow hard hats could be substituted for party hats.
- Use miniature safety cones to designate party area and the toddlers will enjoy playing with them too!
- Balloons can be used, but please remember to keep them high enough that they are out of reach of the children. Yellow, orange and black balloons would look great.
- A simple and fun tablecloth for this party would be to use black garbage bags, and yellow duct tape in 5 inch strips lined down the center, to give the effect of a road.
- This serves the double purpose of adding to the theme decor and simplifying the inevitable clean up after the party! Tape the garbage bags to the underside of the table to prevent little hands from pulling it all down.
- Play this game like Pin the Tail on the Donkey. If you are able to find a large poster that has a John Deere tractor in a field, you are good to go. All you will have to do is make little tractors out of green card stock or construction paper and use double-stick tape for the little ones to try and pin their tractor onto the big tractor. Because the children are so young, if they are able to pin their tractor anywhere onto the big tractor, they are a winner.
FIND THE TRACTOR
- Bury a bunch of trucks and tractors in a sandbox or a small wading pool filled with sand. Then let your little ones, with appropriate supervision, begin digging for the little vehicles.
NEEDLE IN THE HAYSTACK
- This activity would be like Find The Tractor noted above, except you would use a pile of hay colored raffia to represent your hay. Hay can be a bit of a hazard for little ones with its sharp points, so raffia is much safer and can serve the same purpose.
WHO AM I
- Mom, Dad, or teen helpers can assist with this game. All you need is for someone to make farm animal sounds and movements and let the little ones guess what kind of animal you are. Of course, they will need some help. Once the animal has been identified, then encourage all the little ones to act like that particular animal.
- To quiet little ones down, read a farm story with lots of movement, animation, and inflection in the voice.
JOHN DEERE TRACTOR RIDES #1
- If you have access to a tractor, give the little ones rides, along with taking advantage of the photo-op it presents.
JOHN DEERE TRACTOR RIDES #2
- If you have access to one of those child size tractors, you can have some teens help you give the little ones a tractor ride.
JOHN DEERE BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
A John Deere theme party is an ideal time to opt for a BBQ.
JOHN DEERE BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR JOHN DEERE CAKE
JOHN DEERE TRACTOR CAKE
- Hamburgers and hotdogs are quick and easy. Just be sure to cut up the hot dogs into little bites for the toddlers.
- For added fun, serve macaroni or potato salad in new galvanized buckets.
- Serve munchies in new upside down plastic hard hats or dump trucks.
- Place a raspberry at the center of sliced kiwi.
- Jelly and cream cheese, grilled cheese, or turkey and cheese sandwiches cut into fourths.
- Fruits like sliced bananas, orange slices, strawberries, raspberries, etc.
Parents can make a seperate section for the adults in a construction pary ideas.
- For your John Deere party, you will want to be sure to keep any nuts and hard candies out of little one's reach.
- Fruit and yogurt.
- Crackers and cheese.
- The easiest way to create your tractor cake is to use a John Deere shaped cake pan. Then all you have to do is follow the pan's instructions.
JOHN DEERE SHEET CAKE #1
- Make or bake a sheet cake and frost it in a tan color so it resembles the color of dirt. Crush graham crackers and put them on top of the cake for your dirt. Top the cake off with mini toy trucks, plastic farm animals, trees, shrubs, and fencing. Place a John Deere tractor in the center of the cake.
JOHN DEERE SHEET CAKE #2
- Make or buy a sheet cake and top it off with a John Deere cake topper or edible sugar art image. You will instantly have a professional looking cake.
JOHN DEERE CUPCAKES
- Make or buy cupcakes and frost them with dark chocolate frosting. Then pipe out green frosting for your "grass". Place a gummy worm in the center of each one.
JOHN DEERE BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR JOHN DEERE PARTY FAVORS
Rather than loot bags you could give each child a "tool belt" full of toy tools. The most important thing to remember is to enjoy the day - first birthdays happen only once in a lifetime!
John Deere Birthday Ideas For 1st Birthday
Do you have some favorite John Deere Birthdy ideas for a 1st birthday? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of John Deere Birthday
Return To 1st Birthday Party Ideas For More Party Themes
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas