Halloween Birthday Party Ideas For A Fang-Tastic Birthday Bash!
Fun And Fabulous Halloween Birthday Party Ideas
We've Scared Up All The Tricks!
I have put together some ghoulishly great ideas that will help you to create a hauntingly good time; in fact they are guaranteed to be a scream! These birthday party ideas will help you to put some bite into your fang-tastic adult birthday party for your friend or loved one who is born on Halloween.
Get ready to dress up your Halloween birthday celebration. To create a creep-tastic good time, start scrolling down the page and grab a few ideas that will help you create the perfect monster mash. No need to get spooked, I have scared up plenty of wickedly cool ideas for everyone.
HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
MINI PUMPKIN INVITATION
- Either draw or carve a funny face on your pumpkin. Using decorative scissors, cut 8 1/2" x 11" piece of scrapbook paper into 4 pieces. Type or handwrite party details. Hole-punch pages and attach to mini pumpkin with coordinating curling ribbons. Hand-deliver invites. For added fun, deliver invites when you know someone is home. Set the pumpkin on the doorstep, ring the bell, and run!
- Cut out a bat shape from black cardstock and add some yellow eyes using yellow acrylic paint. Write all the party details on the reverse side with a white or silver gel pen. Hand-deliver or mail your invites.
- Cut out pumpkin shapes from orange poster board and draw a funny face on one side. On the back, write out all of your party details. Place in an envelope and add some pumpkin seeds or candy corn and send them on their way.
- Cut tombstone shapes out of gray cardstock or poster board. On one side type or write all of the party details. On the reverse side put:
Join us if you dare...
For a Halloween Birthday Affair.
PUMPKIN SEED INVITATION
- Get packages of pumpkin seeds. You'll need as many as you will have guests. Using the size of the package as your guide, cut out pieces of orange poster board to cover one side of the package. Write or type out your party details. Hand-deliver or place the seeds into an envelope and mail them out.
SPOOKY BRANCH INVITATION
- Gather a bunch of small tree branches minus the leaves. Spray paint all the branches black. Using decorative scissors, cut 8 1/2" x 11" piece of scrapbook paper into 4 pieces. Type or handwrite party details. Laminate, hole-punch pages, and attach one to each branch with coordinating curling ribbons. Hand-deliver invites.
HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Since it's your party and you can do what you want...You have the option to decide if you want everyone to come in a costume of their choosing or opt to require they select a costume dealing with a specific theme. Here are some Halloween birthday party ideas for some themes:
HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
- Over the hill attire
- Dress in a specific era, e.g., the 20's, 50's, 60's, 70's, etc
- Dress in your favorite movie character
- Dress as a famous cartoon character
- Turn your hobby into a costume
- Have couples dress as in pairs that compliment one another, e.g., Romeo and Juliet, Bonnie and Clyde, Rhett and Scarlet, etc.
- Dress as your favorite singer and have everyone bring a CD of a song that person sings and have a lip-sync contest.
If you plan on using traditional Halloween colors, then you'll want to opt for black, orange, purple, white, and/or silver. The only problem you will have when decorating for this type of a party is putting on the stops. Believe me, there are so many decorating options out there, that you'll go crazy trying to decide what to do and what to leave behind. Here's some terror-iffic Halloween birthday party ideas for decorating to help you get started in making your party a success.
- Greet your guests with an appropriate graveyard look. Make tombstones and scatter throughout your front yard. You can use gray poster board or gray foam poster board for added stability stapled to yard stakes. For added fun, Halloween birthday party ideas dictate putting all of your guests' names on the various tombstones.
- Line your walkway with carved pumpkins with lighted candles inside.
- Use glow-in-the-dark chalk to draw dead body shapes on your driveway and/or walkway.
- Hang plastic or rubber bats from your trees.
- Place ghosts throughout your yard. Make them out of sheets or white fabric. Stuff the center portion to create a head. You can use newspaper or batting. Insert a wood dowel and tie it off with string or a rubberband.
- Create a graveyard entrance; this is one of the best Halloween birthday party ideas as it shouts out to everyone, "The Halloween Birthday Party" is here!
- Fill a cauldron with warm water and dry ice and place it at the front door.
- Make tombstone garland by cutting out tombstone shapes from gray cardstock. Be sure to decorate each one with some "fun" tombstone wording. For example, Over The Hill And Now Far Away, Happy Birthday (Name) with each letter being placed on an individual tombstone.
- Be sure to use lots of black, orange, and purple streamers throughout your party room. For a fun and festive ceiling, cover it with rows of twisted streamers alternating your various party colors.
- Hang plastic or rubber spiders and bats from the ceiling using fishing line.
- Classic Halloween birthday party ideas are to add clusters of balloons in your party colors, along with lots of curling ribbons cascading downward.
- Candles are a must to create the perfect ambiance. You can use black, orange, white, and purple or any combination of these colors. Opt for tea lights, tapers, and votives throughout your party rooms. Just be sure they are in places where they won't create fire hazards.
HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- When considering Halloween birthday party ideas, you might want to give your house the look of abandonment, by covering all of your furniture with white sheets.
- Cobwebs are a must, the more the better. Hang them throughout your party room. Be sure to string them around things hanging on the walls like mirrors and pictures.
- Fall vegetables like mini pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn make for great fall decorations. Create displays using these items, along with a few dried flowers mixed into the arrangements.
- One of the best Halloween birthday party ideas is the use of a fog machine somewhere at your party. Nothing says, eerie and fun like a mist of fog.
- Scatter Halloween confetti on your tabletops.
- Hang orange and purple string lights throughout your party room for additional ambiance.
- Use black lights instead of regular lights to give certain areas of your party an eerie glow. Be sure to use lots of white in this area rather than black and purple, so it pops out.
- Make large black bats with fluorescent yellow eyes out of black poster board and fluorescent paint and hang on the walls.
- Place spooky flashing eyes throughout your party room to let everyone know that someone is watching them.
- Use caution tape to rope off any areas that you do not want your guests to enter.
- Create abandoned-looking window coverings using cheesecloth that has some rips and tears.
- When you think of Halloween birthday party ideas, your mind probably turns to windows in a haunted-looking house. Cover windows with squares of various colored tissue paper to create a "stained-glass" look to your windows.
- Use vases of dead red roses, which will turn black, to accent your tables or opt for fresh roses sprayed black or purple.
- Nothing says spooky like an old candelabra. Add some spiderwebs (away from the flames of course), candles, and place it on an interesting mirror, and you've got a great centerpiece.
If you're racking your brain for some Halloween birthday party ideas relating to games, here's an entire page with nothing but Halloween Party Game Ideas
, such as:
- Who Am I?
- Stick It To Me
- Steal The Sticker
- Find The Streamers
- Identify Your Mate
- Mummify Me
- Hold That Apple
- Here's a great site for some fun print and play party games that would be a perfect add-on to your Halloween birthday party.
HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
If you're having a sit-down dinner, then use mini pumpkins as the place-setters. You can either carve out the faces and write each person's name on the pumpkin, or draw the faces on using permanent markers. Add a little more festivity to the pumpkin with a colorful bow (e.g., black dots on a purple background) tied around the stem. Be sure to properly identify all of your ghoulish grub with little signs, so your guests will know exactly what they are eating. Here's a few Halloween birthday party ideas to bring the spook-factor to your food table.
BLACK SPAGHETTI & EYEBALLS
- Add black icing paste to the water and make spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Top with your favorite spaghetti sauce, aka blood sauce with whole mushrooms, aka eyeballs.
- aka Sourdough bread. Short on time, just toast it up and put a label by the basket that says "Ghost Bread".
- Prepare your favorite meatball recipe except roll the meat into long fingers. Carefully brown the meat while keeping it in the finger-shape. Serve with your favorite "bloody" marinara sauce.
Here's some Halloween birthday party ideas to help you create a fun party buffet:
- Cut out of flour tortillas various shapes using Halloween cookie cutters. Deep-fry them until crisp. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve with your favorite "bloody" salsa.
- Make your favorite guacamole and place it in a glass pie pan. Fill a plastic Ziploc bag with softened cream cheese that has been colored black using food coloring. Cut a corner off and twist the bag to get a fine line of cream cheese to come out and pipe out a spiderweb onto the guacamole. Top it off with a plastic spider.
BUG ICE CUBES
- Place gummy worms or raisins into ice cube trays. Add water and freeze. Place ice cubes into your favorite punch and serve.
- Melt white chocolate and dip Nutter Butter cookies into the chocolate. Use mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
For Halloween birthday party ideas for foods that's are a scream, follow the links below and you'll find photos and recipes to help you make some terror-iffic party foods:
- If you want to make them mini in size, just cut your hotdogs in half before mummifying.
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Graveyard Taco Dip
Jack-O-Lantern Cheese Ball
Cheese Finger Foods
- Various cheeses are combined to create your mummies.
- It's just watermelon, but it looks very realistic.
- I recommend you brush your bones with butter, sprinkle with garlic and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce, aka bloody sauce.
- Made from pudding and a couple of candies.
- Made from fruit.
HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKES
- Create your own version of this eyeball cake. Use the picture as a guide. Make a 3-D ball-shaped cake or use a round glass bowl. Frost the cake white. Create the eyeball by placing a blue circle of frosting on the top center of the cake. Then add a black circle of frosting in the center of the blue circle. Add some red swiggly lines down the sides of the eye using red gel to give your eyeball a bloodshot look.
TOMBSTONE BIRTHDAY CAKE
- Use a tombstone cake pan or bake a 13"x9" cake and cut off the top corners to give it the tombstone shape. Frost it gray. Pipe on some thin black cracks. Add a birthday epitaph like, "R.I.P. Birthday Boy", "Happy Halloween Birthday (Name)", etc. Add black fondant bats and top with a plastic spider or two.
- Make or buy a sheet cake. Create a bat pattern on legal size sheet of paper. Lay the template on top of the cake and cut out the bat-shape. If need be, you can hold the bat in place using quilting straight pins. Frost the bat black. Using a star tip, decorate your bat's wings and body with orange dots. Make the eyes bright yellow. You can use yellow fondant or frosting.
- Make or buy a round cake or cheesecake. Cover it with white frosting and pipe out a spider web on the entire top of the cake. Add some plastic spiders.
- Make or buy a round cake. Frost it orange. Use M&M's to create the eyes and nose. Select one color for the eyes and pop a different color into the center for the pupil. Whatever color you select for the pupil, use for the nose. Create a jack-o-lantern style smile using candy corn.
HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
Favors aren't necessary for an adult birthday party, but if you wish to give your guests a small parting gift, you might consider any of these Halloween birthday party ideas for favors:
- Sheer black, orange, or purple organza bags filled with white Jordan Almonds.
- Fill small cellophane bags with Halloween candy and tie off the top with black and orange ribbons. Add Halloween and Happy Birthday stickers to decorate the bag.
- Make mini pumpkins. Wrap three 6" squares of orange tissue paper around a sucker and secure with a black and orange ribbon. Draw a jack-o-lantern face on the tissue and it's good to go.
- Fill mini black plastic cauldrons with foil-wrapped Halloween candies or cellophane bags of candy.
- Cut an 8" square of orange and black tissue papers. Place 1/2 to 3/4 cup of candy in the middle. Gather the tissues and tie off the middle with black and orange ribbons.
- Fill empty toilet paper rolls with Halloween candy. Wrap the roll with an unfolded Halloween paper napkin and tie off the ends with ribbons.
- Cut 6" circles of orange and black tulle. Place a small votive candle in the center and tie it together in the middle with black and orange ribbons.
Halloween Birthday Party Ideas
Do you have some favorite Halloween birthday party ideas? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc.
Return To Top Of Halloween Birthday Party Ideas
Return To Holiday Birthday Party Ideas For More Holiday Parties
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas