Golf Party Ideas Sure To Be A Hole In One!
Fun And Fabulous Golf Party Ideas
The Perfect Birthday Choice For Your Golf Enthusiast!
Get ready to tee it up and create a great golf birthday party that your golf fanatic is sure to enjoy. I've put together this page of great golf birthday party ideas just "fore" fun!
So if you are ready to swing into action and create a great golf party and be known as "da man"--da party man that is, then grab your bag rat, pitch and putt, play 'em down, and get ready to take your victory lap for creating the perfect theme party using the following ideas. Your golf enthusiast is sure to appreciate all of your efforts as he or she celebrates their special day. Everything golf will certainly bring a smile to their face!
GOLF PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
GOLF COURSE INVITATIONS
– To make your invites look like golf greens, start with a piece of green card stock. Either use clipart or golf stickers to create a putting green, adding the flag, hole and ball. On top of the invitation, write “Par-Tee Time,” then write out the party information on the other side.
- Pick-up some scorecards from your local golf course. Use golf terminology like Tee Time (for the time of the party), Course (address of party), Course Length (end of party time), Water Hazards (if there is an opportunity for swimming), and Event Sponsor (for RSVP details) to announce your party.
GOLF PHOTO INVITES
– Cut a piece of card stock in half and then fold each of the pieces in half. Place a photograph of the guest of honor wearing golf clothes and use some decorative scissors to trim the photo to size. You might want to make it a bit smaller than the piece of card stock. Glue the photo to the front of the invite and write “Happy Birdie” over the picture. Write out all your party particulars in calligraphy onto a piece of white textured paper or print it out on the computer and glue it to the green card stock. Then use golf stickers to decorate the rest of the invite.
GOLF PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Encourage your guests to all wear outrageous golf attire and hold a contest. Give golf-related prizes for the most colorful outfit, the craziest golf hat, the shirt that has a golf logo that is the farthest away, the craziest socks, etc.
GOLF PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
To set the scene and give the party atmosphere one of golf, you'll want to turn your attention towards coming up with some ideas for your decor. To get you started, here are some ideas to check out and consider:
Golf Party Ideas For Decor
- Butcher paper makes for a great inexpensive way to cover a door and provide you with a surface for making a golf banner to greet your guests. You could say something like "Welcome To Barbara's Golf PAR-TEE!"
- Take some wood dowels along with colored felt or fabric and create your own golf flags. Use them to add décor to the yard or line the walkway to the front door.
- Create standees of professional golfers. Have your local copy shop blow up photos of golfers to life-size and glue to pieces of cardboard and place at various locations like the front door, the buffet table, the back door, etc.
- Hang up big posters of top golf players or beautiful golf courses.
- Hang a golf birthday banner that can be personalized with a photo and birthday greeting.
- Create a golf atmosphere by setting up some golf items, like golf bags, all around the room.
- Astroturf or green tablecloths are the fastest way to "golf-i-fy" your tables.
- Sprinkle a bit of theme and color to your table tops by adding some golf tees.
GOLF PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Place colorful plastic buckets in the center of your tables and fill them with golf balls and golf flags. For a little more golf pizzazz, tie a bouquet of green balloons to each bucket, along with some green and white ribbons. You can use chocolate golf balls or real ones.
- If you're planning on using placemats, why not opt for a bit of green Astroturf instead or create a few putting greens out of indoor/outdoor carpet. They can all have a bit of a different shape for added interest.
- Twist green and yellow streamers throughout the party room.
- When it comes to golf party ideas, you want to think of how to transform a room into a theme. Hang green and white fabrics on the walls or use green and white gossamer as your background material.
- Add big clusters of white, yellow and green balloons to the party area with beautiful curling ribbons to hang down.
- Hang some fun golf Mylar balloons that can be personalized.
- Make your own golf signs that you can hang from the ceiling or place on the walls. Some good ideas for signs include: Water Hazard, Bogey, Eagle, Mulligan, Birdie and Hole-In-One.
If you're in need of entertaining some youngsters, here are a couple of golf game options that you might consider incorporating into your festivities. When the party is over, if you have a game room they would be a great add-on. If not, then your child's room could be the perfect location.
Here's an entire page with nothing but Golf Games and Activities
- Golf, Golf & More Golf
- Miniature Golf
- Driving Range & Putting Green
- Golf Tee Guess
- ABC Box Race
- Golf DVD
- Golf Trivia Game
- Putting Practice
- If you would like to incorporate a few games that won't require everyone to be moving to and fro, check out the following options. All you have to do is print them out and they'll be ready to go for the party.
GOLF PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
When it comes to golf party ideas for food, the options are endless. You can create a buffet table, allowing guests to choose the foods they want to enjoy. Of course, you can always serve up some simple party favorites.
HOLE IN ONE GOLF SUBS
– These delicious subs are sure to fill up your guests while providing a sense of fun to your party tables. Start by making your favorite sub sandwiches, using ham, roast beef or turkey to make up subs. You can use different kinds of cheese on these subs as well so guests can find a sub that suits their taste. To make the hole in one subs, take long toothpicks, adding mini green flags on the end of each toothpick. Insert the toothpick into the sub. Do this with every sub and label the subs as “Hole in One Subs.”
WATER HAZARD JELLO
– Water hazards are a big problem on the golf course, but everyone is sure to enjoy your water hazard Jell-O. Make a bowl of delicious blue Jell-O. Label it with the name, “Water Hazard Jell-O.” Have cans of whipped cream on hand for guests to use to top off their Jell-O. You could also make the blue Jell-O in a large pan, adding one extra packet of gelatin to make it gel better. Then you could cut until blue blocks of Jell-O, using the same name to label this tasty golf themed party dish.
HOTDOGS and HAMBURGERS
– After golfing all day, BBQ foods like hotdogs and hamburgers are delicious.
TASTEY DIY PARTY KABOBS
– Thaw out some breadstick dough (pre-cut into small pieces), chicken nuggets and pizza bites. Then, add some cheese cubes and tiny hotdogs. Allow guests to use wooden skewers to create kabobs with their favorites. Bake the kabobs for 10 minutes at 425F.
Golf Party Ideas For Food
- Order them up or provide all the fixins' and let everyone make their own. Provide bowls of various cut-up meats like sausage, ham, BBQ chicken, and pepperoni. Then add a few bowls for veggies and fruit like sliced mushrooms and black olives, mushrooms, chopped or sliced onions, and pineapple bits. Then you'll want to have a big bowls for the pizza cheese and sauce, along with shakers of Parmesan cheese and red peppers. Then all you need to do is give everyone their own individual pizza crust and let them cut loose or give them a blob of pizza dough and let them shape out their own shell.
BAKED POTATO BAR
– Serve up baked potatoes to guests. Have a bar that includes bowls of shredded cheese, chives, sour cream, steamed broccoli, bacon bits, butter and other favorite potato toppings.
- Provide all the necessary taco fixings and let everyone put their own tico-tacos together. Fills bowls with hamburger, shredded chicken, lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and of course shells. Be sure to have some Pico Pica on hand for those who like it hot!
- This is basically put together the same way as the taco bar, but you'll want to be sure to have tortilla chips available in addition to having hamburger, jalapeno peppers, black olives, chopped onions, sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
VEGIES & DIP
- cut up carrots, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and provide a Ranch dip.
GOLF PARTY IDEAS FOR CAKES
GOLF COURSE CAKE #1
– Purchase or make your own round cake. Use green frosting, gel, fondant or sugar to make a golf green on one part of the round cake. Use a toothpick and some colored paper to make a small flag. A golf ball can be created with a little drop of some white frosting or a bit of white fondant. Finish the cake with fun golf phrases, such as: Eagle, Fore, Birdie, Water Hazard, etc.
GOLF COURSE CAKE #2
- Start with a round cake and create a golf green on a portion of the cake. One of the best ways to create a picture perfect golf green is to use green fondant. It is easy to cut into the shape you need. You can of course pipe out green frosting instead, or go with a green-colored sugar or gel. Create a golf flag out of a colored piece of paper that is cut in a triangle shape and glue it to a toothpick. The golf ball can be made using a tiny dollop of white frosting. Decorate the sides of the cake with golf phrases like "Fore", "Birdie", "Hole-In-One", "Eagle", etc.
GOLF COURSE CUPCAKES
- Make your favorite cupcake recipe and pipe out green frosting or opt for using green fondant to create your golf green. Then top them off with a golf-themed pic or cupcake topper.
For some more fun golf birthday cakes, check out our visitor-submitted GOLF BIRTHDAY CAKES
photos and how-to tips.
GOLF PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
Favors aren't necessary for an adult birthday party, but if you wish to give your guests a small parting gift, you might consider imprinted golf tees, a golf towel, colorful golf balls, a divot tool, or golf cleaner.
YOUR Favorite Golf Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite golf party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your golf cakes and costumes.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of Golf Party Ideas
Return To Adult Birthday Party Ideas For Other Party Themes
Return To Sports Birthday Party Ideas For Other Sports Parties
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas