Games For 3 Year Olds - Fun & Engaging!
Fun And Fabulous Games For 3 Year Olds
Great Add-Ons To Your Little Tot's Party!
If you're on the hunt for some party games to keep your 3-year-old toddlers engaged in a fun way, then keep reading as I have gathered together several ideas for you to consider. Many of the games and activities that I've provided are tried and true as they were favorites of my son when he was that age.
When you think of 3 year olds and games, it is best to focus on simple activities. Fun games for kids are an absolute must to insure your child's birthday party is an instant success! They should not only be entertaining, but help them learn, explore, and develop. Also, it will keep them busy, interested, and occupied so a crazy, wild free-for-all doesn't break out. Below you will find some easy party games for 3 year olds.
GAMES FOR 3 YEAR OLDS
Below you will find some fun, engaging and easy to play party games for 3 year olds that are perfect for this fabulous age--check 'em out!
STOP AND GO FREESTYLE DANCING TO FUN TODDLER TUNES
– Kids of this age love to dance, so this fun dancing game is sure to keep them busy. Before the party, make sure you have a CD with some upbeat toddler tunes that the kids will enjoy. When you turn on the music, have the kids start dancing. However, whenever you say “STOP!” all the kids have to stop and remain in that position until you say “START!” Make sure you stop them often enough to make it fun.
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE
– This old favorite still pleases kids today. Start by having kids sit on the floor, forming a large circle. Let the birthday child go first, patting every child on the head saying “DUCK.” Then, whenever they choose, they tap one person on the head, yelling “GOOSE!” The “goose” has to chase them while the first child runs around trying to get back to the “goose’s” place, sitting down before they are tagged. If the goose isn’t able to tag the first person, they have to begin the game again.
DO THE LIMBO
– Let kids see how low they can go with the limbo. Make sure you have a limbo pole for the game, or you can use a rope, broomstick, or other similar item. Start with the pole at about 3 feet off the ground, making sure you have adults hold it. Play music and have kids go under the stick without touching it or falling down. Continue to lower the stick. Anyone who falls or touches the stick is out of the game.
SIDEWALK CHALK DRAWING ACTIVITY
– All you need is a bucket of sidewalk chalk and some concrete and you’re ready to go for this activity. Make sure you have plenty of chalk in all different colors. Give kids 15 minutes to have fun drawing and writing on the sidewalk with the chalk.
BALLOON GAMES FOR 3 YEAR OLDS
BALLOON CHASE GAME
– Blow up about 30 balloons before the party. For the game, have all the kids stand up. Start by introducing about 5 balloons to the game, telling kids to chase the balloons and to make sure they stay in the air. Over time, start adding more and more balloons. See how long they can chase them and keep them from touching the ground.
BALLOON PAT RELAY RACE
– For this game, you’ll need to have enough balloons for every child to have one, making sure all the balloons are about the same size. Have kids line up on the starting line with their balloon. The goal is to keep patting the balloon, keeping it in the air and not allowing it to touch the ground as they go towards the finish line. The first one to finish without allowing the balloon to touch the ground will win. Make sure you tell kids they have to pat the balloons – they aren’t allowed to simply carry the balloon.
MORE FUN GAMES FOR 3 YEAR OLDS
HOPPING BUNNY GAME
– This simple game is perfect for young guests and you won’t need any props for the game. When you start the game, kids have to hop like a bunny around the party area. However, whenever you shout out, “Danger, there’s a fox coming” kids have to stop and stay still to avoid the fox. When you declare that the “Danger is gone” they can stat hopping again. You can also change the different types of dangers.
MISSING ITEM MEMORY GAME
– For this game, you’ll want to put several items on a tray, making sure they are items that the children are all familiar with. You’ll need a box or towel to cover the items. Uncover the tray and let kids have about a minute to look at the items on the tray. Cover the tray and secretly remove one item. Let kids look at the tray and see who can guess which item is missing first. Play this several times.
CLOTHESPIN DROP GAME
– You’ll need a large glass or plastic jar, such as a large pickle jar, as well as a lot of wooden clothespins. Have kids stand on a chair (make sure an adult supervises to avoid accidents) and give them five clothespins to drop in the jar without bending over. Let all the kids have a turn and see who is able to get the most clothespins in the jar.
Games For 3 Year Olds
TREASURE HUNT FAVOR GAME
– This game allows you to add some fun to the party while giving out favors. Hide favors in small bags or boxes throughout the party area, or hide an item that goes along with the party and number them to correspond with favor bags. Let kids hunt for the items until they find one item, making sure everyone gets their favor.
- 3 year olds love to play with balls and enjoy seeing their designated targets fall down. Either use a plastic bowling ball and pins or set-up empty plastic bottles and use a plastic ball.
PASS THE PARCEL
- Wrap up several presents in numerous layers of gift wrap. The fun starts with the children sitting in a circle, the music commences, and kids pass the first present to each other only while the music is playing. Periodically you will stop the music and when you do, whichever child is left holding the present must try to unwrap it. Once the music stops, the unwrapping must stop. Play resumes until the present is unwrapped in its entirety and whoever accomplishes this keeps the present. Play may continue until everyone receives a present, or if your little ones are ready for new activities, just give them each a present.
Games For 3 Year Olds
SEA LIFE MURAL
- Games for 3 year olds can certainly include a little artistic flair. Tape butcher paper on a wall at the toddlers' eye level and have them create a mural of sea life activity with markers, paints, glitter pens, etc. To provide visual ideas, have posters and pictures of various fish, sharks, dolphins, sea otters, and other sea animals for ideas.
Select a different theme like a farm mural. Be sure to post pictures of farm animals, barns, fences, etc. for ideas.
NURSERY RHYME ADD-ON
Toddlers love to sing nursery rhymes and perform actions to coincide with the rhyme. A couple of games for 3 year olds to fit this bill are noted below:
- Have 2 guests clasp hands and raise their arms to create an arch. The other guests all go under the arch while singing:
London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady.
When they say, "my fair lady," the arch comes down and captures someone. With hands still clasped, they use their arms to "toss" their captured one back and forth while singing:
Take a key and lock her up, lock her up, lock her up. Take a key and lock her up, my fair lady.
The captured child then replaces one of the children who are part of the tower. The play continues until everyone has been a tower, captured, and/or gets tired of playing.
Three year olds are happiest when they are active, their minds are engaged and imaginations are churning, and they are movin' and groovin! Therefore, a party without games for 3 year olds is like a day without sunshine. So don't skimp during the planning stages and fail to include plenty of fun games for your youngsters to enjoy. This way you will surely create a wonderful birthday memory.
Share Your Ideas For
Fun Games For 3 Year Olds!
Share your fun ideas for games for 3 year olds. This will give other site visitors an opportunity to use your ideas to help them create a memorable and fun 1st birthday.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Balloon Pop Not rated yet
Get a piece of foam board at the 99 cent store and draw or paint a picture on it that corresponds with your theme. Buy enough prizes for all the kids at …
Click here to write your own.
Return To Top Of Games For 3 Year Olds
Return To Top Of Party Game Ideas
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas