Farm Birthday Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous Farm Birthday Party Ideas
To Help You Create A Rip Snortin' Good Time
A farm theme birthday party will make for a great 1st birthday celebration. You can opt to transform your living room and/or dining room into a farm scene that Old McDonald would covet or take it all outside.
Little ones are sure to enjoy all the barnyard party hoe-down and farm party fun. Here are some ideas to help get you started planning that all important 1st birthday party in farm party style.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FARM BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS
Start the party out right by sending out some adorable farm theme invites. Get everyone thinking about bringing their little farmer to the south 40 to celebrate the birth of your youngin'.
- Cut barn shapes out of red card stock. Write all the party details on white card stock and glue it to the lower half of the barn. Glue red card stock barn doors that open up onto the white card stock, which will then reveal the written invite.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY ANIMAL INVITES
- Go to your local craft store and get die cut farm animal shapes to use as the base of your invitation. Write all the party details on the reverse side. If you want to jazz up the invites you could add some feathers and glitter to the front of the invites.
ANIMAL COOKIE INVITES
- Type out all of your party particulars onto a piece of decorative scrapbook paper that has a farm print. Glue to a box of animal crackers and hand-deliver.
- Attach the scrapbook paper to a small stuffed farm animal.
- Design your own invite by creating a cute cow face on the front of the invite using card stock and then put all the party info on the reverse side.
- 1st birthday party invitations could be shaped like the #1 with a decorative farm sticker on the front and the party information on the back.
READY-MADE FARM BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS
- There is a tremendous assortment of farm birthday invitations on the market including cows, pigs, and horses. You can also opt to create personalized farm invitations with the inclusion of a picture of the birthday child all decked out in a farm costume. Check out some of our fav's below.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR A FARM COSTUME
You might consider inviting all of your little guests to come dressed in their cowboy best or as their favorite farm animal--chosen by mom or dad of course.
A farm costume could be a cowboy outfit or perhaps a pair of jeans, a plaid shirt, a red handkerchief tied around the neck, and a cowboy or straw hat to top it all off.
Another option to consider would be to give all of your guests a farm-related t-shirt as they arrive, along with a cute little farm cone hat. This would certainly make for an adorable photo and remember that all of this--t-shirt, cone hat and photo can also serve as favors.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FARM DECORATIONS
Farm Birthday Party Ideas For Farm Decorations
- On party day set out homemade signs mounted onto yard stakes in the front yard announcing the party.
- Creating a farm scene inside the house will require creativity and a very helpful spouse to build a red barn as your focal point in the party room for your farm birthday party.
Large appliance boxes from your local retailer are ideal to make into a barn. Cut squares out of the sides for windows and paint it red and white. Have some teens and siblings decorate it with large farm animal stickers or decals. Paint a farm door on the front of the box and place red bricks on the floor around the barn to steady it. Be sure to allow yourself enough time in your party planning process for the completion of this task.
- Here's another idea for a barn. You'll want to recruit all your family members to help with this endeavor. First you need to create a setting for your red barn. Choose a wall for your background and hang a sheet of green butcher paper on it with 2-sided tape.
Have your recruits search for pictures of farm animals and farm scenes. Mount these on construction paper and create a make believe farm scene. Draw in some rows of crops, and add a scarecrow to the scene and perhaps some stick figures of people working the crop rows.
- Hang some tractor party streamers throughout the room, along with farm printed Mylar balloons.
- Greet your guests at the door and handout straw cowboy hats as one of the party favors. They will get a kick out of wearing them at the party, although it might only be for moments at a time.
- A background of country music will help to set the scene. Your little guests might prefer Old McDonald had a Farm, E-I-E-I-O.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FARM GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Festoon your doorway with red and white colored balloons and a personalized picture banner of your 1st birthday baby.
- You can also add banners on your main party room wall or over the cake or gift tables.
- Gather up all the stuffed animals you can find and decorate the room with them. For a more festive look add party hats and tie balloons to the animals.
- Toss bits of hay onto the floor to create your barnyard atmosphere. Also, add a few hay bales to sit upon.
- Cover the party table in a white butcher paper and run three rows of streamers down the center. Sprinkle multi-colored confetti onto the table.
- You could also cover your table with a red and white checkered table covering.
- Set your table with your choice of farm printed table ware, cups, napkins and cutlery.
- A farm birthday party calls for a barnyard centerpiece. Start by setting out a little red barn in the middle of the table and place little baby chicks around the barn. You can use the marshmallow chicks that are sold around Easter. Place a mirror on the table near the barn for a pond and place some little rubber ducks on top. Make little nests of twigs and sticks and set them near the barn. Fill with small plastic eggs that are filled with jelly beans.
- Since we're on a "farm" why not have an egg hunt. Have your little tykes with the help of an adult find plastic eggs that you hid earlier in the party room. Reward everyone with a small bag of candy corn.
- Since a little one's attention is short-lived, it is best to get them moving around before they lose interest. They generally like music and to dance, so turn up the speakers and let the dancing begin.
Farm Birthday Party Ideas For Farm Games & Activities
- Have someone make the sound of a farm animal and then have the little ones try to make the same sound. You can make it a learning experience by saying something like, the cow says Mooooo, the pig says oink, oink, etc.
- Have everyone squat down and walk like a duck while flapping their arms; quacking is required.
- Fill wagons with hay and have the adults or helpers pull them around the yard.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR PARTY FOOD
FARM ANIMAL SANDWICHES
- For the young birthday guests make sandwiches in the shape of farm animals using cookie cutters to cut the bread into the desired shapes and fill with your favorite fillings. Popular choices are cream cheese and jelly or peanut butter and sliced bananas.
PIGS IN A BLANKET
- Pigs in a blanket would also be a good choice for a farm party. Cut a croissant in half and place a cut-up mini cocktail frank in the center. Add a strip of cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Carrots thinly sliced with ranch dressing for dipping and string cheese are fun finger foods for little guests. Goldfish crackers, Teddy Grahams, and animal crackers are also great options to serve.
Farm Birthday Party Ideas For Party Food
- Being on a farm we need fruit to fill out our menu such as cut-up melons, watermelon, seedless grapes and apples are a few choices.
- Serve juice boxes or moo juice (milk) for their drink.
ADULT FOOD MENU
- For the adult guests serve pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw, a large dill pickle, lots of chips, and a frosty mug of root beer.
- A tray of chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies is sure to tempt the sweet tooth of all ages.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR A FARM CAKE
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY CAKE #1
- Create a fun birthday cake using your favorite recipe, frost it with pale green frosting, line the bottom of the cake with animal crackers, and place a farm cake topper in the center. You can also sprinkle some colored sugars on the top to give it a little more pizazz.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY CAKE #2
- Frost a rectangular cake or give it an air brushed look using Color Mist. Then top it off with an edible sugar art farm image. This is a quick and easy way to create a professional looking cake in short order.
Farm Birthday Party Ideas For A Farm Cake
SHAPED FARM CAKE HORSE
- Whip up your favorite cake recipe and pour it into a horse-shaped pan. Pipe out the decorations according to the pan's decorations.
SHAPED FARM CAKE - TRACTOR
- This is an easy way to create a theme cake. All you need to do is use your favorite cake recipe and a tractor-shaped cake pan. Decorate the cake in your party colors or according to the pan's directions.
- Cupcakes are always welcome and easy for 1-year olds to handle. Top them off with a few sprinkles and a fondant farm animal shape or an animal cracker. Regardless of your flavor choice, be sure to give everyone a little scoop of ice cream along with the cupcakes. If you opt for cupcakes, you might want to create a fun centerpiece out of them using one of the cupcake stands pictured above.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FARM PARTY FAVORS
This theme opens the door to a wide choice of favors for a farm theme party. At this age, inexpensive favors are plentiful such as small animals in plush or plastic, bean bags, stickers, balloons, cello-wrapped candy and cookies, or larger items including t-shirts and cowboy hats.
FARM BIRTHDAY PARTY CONCLUSION
Depending upon how elaborate you decide to go, this party could certainly require some help and an expenditure of time. However, it is sure to prove to be a fun experience for everyone concerned. One day when you share this with your child, you're sure to have a rush of wonderful memories and you'll delight in looking at all the wonderful pictures that were taken to help remind you of the great party that you created. It's sure to be an awesome party to remember.
YOUR Favorite Farm Birthday Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite farm birthday party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your farm cakes and costumes.
Return To Top Of Farm Birthday Party
Return To 1st Birthday Party Ideas For More Party Options
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas