Fairy Birthday Party Ideas To Add Sparkle To Your Party!
Fun And Fabulous Fairy Birthday Party Ideas
For A "Fairy" Wonderful Time!
When you think of sweet little ones and birthday parties, a fairy theme probably comes to mind as a possibility. So, if you're looking to create a magical celebration, then sprinkle a little fairy dust, don some fairy wings, and get ready to fly on over for some fun fairy party ideas.
To discover how to turn your home into an enchanted atmosphere that is fit for your fairy princess, read on for lots of whimsical ideas that will create a "fairy" wonderful party room. In addition, to this page of fairy ideas, you might want to click on over to my toddler party page, which has some additional Fairy Party Ideas
for all your invitation, decoration, and cake fairy needs.
FAIRY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS IDEAS
FAIRY STICKER INVITATION
– Take a piece of pale purple cardstock and cut it in half. Then, you can fold each piece in half to create an invitation. On the outside of the purple invitation, use pretty fairy stickers to decorate the invitation around the edges, leaving the middle empty so you can write on it. Right in the middle of the invitation, write “Do You Believe in Fairies?” Then, on the inside of the invitation, write “If you believe in fairies, you’re invited to the fairy glen to dance and celebrate a special fairy birthday.” Include all the pertinent details for the fairy birthday party on the inside of the invitation as well. You can write the information by hand or print it out on a printer from your computer.
- Cut out stars from gold or silver card stock or poster board. Put glitter around the edges of the star. In the center, write in a contrasting glitter glue pen:
I've Had Fun This Past Year,
But Now I'm Turning 1,
Please Come To My 1st Birthday!
On the reverse side put all the party details.
FAIRY PHOTO INVITATIONS
- Turn your little one into a birthday fairy with a fun fairy costume and photograph her. Put something like "I Would Be "Fairy" Happy For You To Attend My "Fairy 1st Birthday Party" on the front and add the party details on the back.
EMBELLISHED FAIRY INVITATIONS
- Buy some ready-made fairy invitations and embellish them with coordinating glitter, sequins, ribbons, pearls, etc.
FAIRY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
- If you're thinking of making fairy wings for your little one or her guests, then you'll want to check out our EASY no-sew Making Fairy Wings
page, which offers a couple of different options.
- Cut two a star-shape from thick, corrugated cardboard or foam-backed poster board. Paint the wand in a color of your choice or with a metallic craft paint. Decorate with glitter glue, strands of ribbons, pearls, sequins, etc. Glue to a dowel.
- Use your child as your guide. Cut two pieces of different colored sheer fabric into the length you desire the skirt to ultimately be and wide enough to go around your child's waist. Sew or glue the fabrics together across the top. Cut fabrics into 1" to 2" wide vertical strips. If you want to cover up your stitching, and add a little foo-foo, lay the skirt waist on top of a piece of duct tape. Then place a piece of feather boa on top of the duct tape, while covering up the stitching. Add adhesive-backed Velcro to the waist edges to hold the skirt on and your fairy skirts are good to go.
FAIRY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
More Fairy Birthday Party Ideas For Fairy Decorations
- Tie a bouquet of fairy-colored balloons and curling ribbons, like pink, yellow, green, orchid, etc. to your mailbox to let all the little fairies know the party location.
- Cut out of foam-backed poster board extra-large toad stools, butterflies, flowers, and fairy shapes. Paint and embellish with glitter, sequins, jewels, etc. Attach to yard stakes and place in front yard.
- If it's not a windy day, scatter fairy dust (larger pieces of confetti) or rose petals on the walkway.
- Line the walkway with gold and silver stars attached to wood dowels or yard stakes. Cut the stars out of foam-backed poster board and decorate with glitter.
More Fairy Birthday Party Ideas For Fairy Party Decorations
- Little ones love bubbles, so why not greet them with a shower of bubbles by placing a small bubble machine at the front door.
- Fill your party room with lots of white Christmas lights to create a fairy atmosphere.
- Make silver stars like the ones mentioned for the walkway, except punch a hole in the star and thread ribbon or fishing line through and hang the stars at various lengths from the ceiling.
- Cover walls with any combination of sheer, "floaty" type of fabric, or netting.
- One of the best fairy birthday party ideas is to decorate the party room with lots of twinkle star gossamer which will magically transforms your walls, floors, ceilings, windows, etc. into an instant fairy atmosphere.
- Hang greenery from the ceiling to create a fairy "forest".
- Hang floral garlands around door and window frames, wrap around banisters, and let them dangle in your doorways. Embellish as appropriate with fairies and butterflies.
- Hang fairy posters on the walls.
- Place clusters of helium and Mylar balloons throughout the party room.
- Cover the table with a fun fairy tablecloth and party wear.
FAIRY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
Here's an entire page with nothing but Fairy Game Ideas and Activities
, such as:
- Fairy Photo
- Fairy Face Painting & Tattoos
- Fairy Building Boxes
- Puppet Show
- Fairy Parade
- Fairy Reading Time
FAIRY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
HEART SHAPED MINI PIZZAS
– Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut pizza dough into heart shapes. Then, top the dough with some pizza sauce, cheese and favorite pizza toppings. Great topping ideas include pepperoni, sausage, onions, diced ham, peppers, mushrooms and any other favorites you think your guests will enjoy on their pizzas. Bake all of the pizzas in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve the pizzas to your young guests while warm. You’ll end up with cute, mini heart shaped pizzas that are the perfect size for your little guests. You could also allow guests to help decorate their own pizza with toppings before baking them if you desire.
FAIRY MACARONI & CHEESE
- Little ones usually enjoy macaroni & cheese, so why not whip up your favorite recipe and give it a tint of pink for added fairy fun.
PIXIE DUST FAIRY TOAST
– Take slices of bread, lightly toasting them. After the bread is toasted, spread the bread with some Nuttella spread. After spreading with the Nuttella, take some colored sugar or edible glitter and sprinkle it on top of the Nuttella spread. Cut each slice into four small triangles. Place the triangles of bread on a pretty serving tray and serve them while they are still warm. Label the toast as “Pixie Dust Fairy Toast” and let your young guests know that there is pixie dust on top of the Nuttella, which will make this tasty treat even more special to your guests.
- Make cream cheese and strawberry jelly sandwiches or grilled cheese sandwiches and cut them into star shapes using a star-shaped cookie cutter.
More Fairy Birthday Party Ideas For Fairy Birthday Food
FAIRY FRUIT BOWLS
- Serve little individual bowls of cut-up fruits. Things like banana slices, strawberries, slices of kiwi, and pieces of watermelon without seeds, cantaloupe, and fresh peaches would also be great.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED FAIRY STRAWBERRY SNACKS
– Little fairies are sure to enjoy chocolate dipped fairy strawberry snacks. Take fresh strawberries and clean them well, leaving the tops on to make them easy to hold. Heat up some milk or dark chocolate, melting it. After melting the chocolate, dip the strawberries in the chocolate, laying strawberries on a tray covered with parchment or wax paper. Refrigerate to let the chocolate set. Serve chilled.
FAIRY STAR RICE CRISPY TREATS
– These fairy star rice crispy treats are sure to be a hit at your fairy birthday party. Make rice crispy treats. After they set, use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut the treats into star shapes. Decorate with edible glitter or some colored sugar to make them look magical.
FAIRY FRUIT AND YOGURT PARFAITS
– Using parfait cups, or pretty plastic wine glasses, make pretty fairy fruit and yogurt parfaits. Start by putting a layer of vanilla yogurt on the bottom, top with some granola, and then add fruit. Continue the process until you have several layers, creating a pretty parfait. Top off the pretty parfait with some whipped topping and a sprinkle of edible glitter (call it fairy dust). Serve the parfaits to your young guests with some long handled spoons so they can easy get to the bottom of the parfait cups or the wine glasses. Not only is this a tasty dish to add to the party, but it is a healthy dish as well and the fruits will make the parfaits look so pretty on your party tables.
More Fairy Birthday Party Ideas For Fairy Birthday Food
FAIRY WAND PRETZEL RODS
– Make your own magic fairy wands using pretzel rods. Melt white chocolate chips and then dip about ¾ of each pretzel rod into the white chocolate. While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle with colored sprinkles, colored sugar or edible glitter to add a fairy-like touch to the wands. Place on wax or parchment paper and allow to set. Place the rods in a tall glass jar to serve. Label them as Fairy Wands and your young guests are sure to enjoy devouring them, after playing with them a bit, of course.
- Goldfish crackers are always a favorite and you can get the ones that are rainbow colored for added fairy fun. In addition, Honeycomb cereal, Chex cereal, and Cherrios.
- Make your favorite sugar cookies and cut them into star shapes. Decorate with various colored "fairy" sugar.
- Combine into large punch bowl 46 oz. Hawaiian punch, 46 oz. apple juice, 46 oz. cranberry juice, 2 liters ginger ale, and ice.
FAIRY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR CAKES
FAIRY WINGS CAKE
- Make two sheet cakes and cut them into the shape of fairy wings. Lay them side by side. Frost them with a pale frosting like a pale pink, mint green, or light yellow. Then sprinkle them with edible glitter in a coordinating color. Pipe on a decorative edge and add a birthday message.
GARDEN FAIRY CAKE
- If you're short on time, make or buy a sheet cake and top it off with a fun garden fairy cake topper which might consist of fairies, butterflies, and flowers. Add a "Happy 1st Birthday (Name!)" and you will be good to go.
More Fairy Birthday Party Ideas For Fairy Birthday Cake
GIANT FAIRY CUPCAKE
- Using a giant cupcake pan, make your favorite cake and heap the top with lots of frosting to turn it into a toadstool. Top it off with some sugar flowers and fairies, along with adding a decorative edge to the cake.
- Make some white cupcakes and cover them with pastel frostings. Top each one off with piped out fairies. Match the skin tones and hair color of each fairy to your guests. Serve them on a Fairy Cupcake Holder, like the one below.
FAIRY LAND CAKE
- Make or buy a sheet cake and landscape it in everything fairy. Fondant is a great option for this type of cake. You can use various colored fondants to create your trees, flowers, fairies, fairy house, etc. In the alternative, just make the surroundings out of the fondant and add little fairy figurines.
- Another quick and easy option is to make or buy a round cake and top it off with a cute little Edible Fairy Sugar Art Image; this will give the cake an instant look of being done professionally at a fraction of the cost.
FAIRY BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
Put your fairy birthday party favors into cellophane bags or small paper bags decorated with fairy and flower stickers. Fill bags with bubbles, a fairy wand, animal finger puppets, fairy stickers or tattoos, animal or goldfish crackers, and a stuffed animals.
Just a little reminder, if you didn't check out my fairy party ideas for toddlers, you might want to click on over and see if you like any of the additional Fairy Party Ideas
I have for all your invitation, decoration, cake, and party food needs.
YOUR Favorite Fairy Birthday Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite fairy birthday party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your fairy cakes and costumes.
Return To Top Of Fairy Birthday Party Ideas
Return To 1st Birthday Party Ideas For More Party Themes
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas