Elmo Birthday Party Ideas For A Rockin' Elmo 1st Birthday Party
Fun And Fabulous Elmo Birthday Party Ideas
That Will Have All Your Little Guests Seeing Red!
Elmo would be very tickled to attend your child's 1st birthday party. This cuddly little red monster is always a favorite among little ones and your child is sure to enjoy a party centered around this little guy.
Create a festive Elmo's World atmosphere using some of the Elmo party ideas listed below. You will soon discover how to throw the best 1st birthday party on the street. Your little Elmo-lovin' kid will be thrilled with the party room you create and all his/her friends will be excited to visit your neighborhood.
ELMO BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATIONS
ELMO EDIBLE COOKIE INVITATIONS
– Bake up Elmo shaped sugar cookies using an Elmo shaped cookie cutter, then decorate the cookies to look like an Elmo face. You can also purchase premade Elmo cookies if you don’t want to bake them. Wrap the cookies in pretty cellophane and tie with a ribbon. On a small card of cardstock, write down all the information for the Elmo birthday party or print the information using your computer and printer. Use a hole-punch to create a hole in the corner and tie it to the Elmo cookie using a bit of ribbon. Guests will enjoy these tasty, edible invitations.
ELMO MOUTH INVITATIONS
– These invitations are so cute and a perfect way to invite your guests to an Elmo birthday party. Start out with pieces of cardstock in orange, black and red, as well as pieces of white paper. Using the white and red paper, cut out circles of each other. Glue one white circle and one red circle together. After gluing together, fold the circles in half so the white paper is in the middle. On the inside of the folded circle, write the party details. Be sure to create an Elmo mouth on the invitations' outside. Use more white paper to cut out two circles for eyes, adding smaller black circles to make the pupils. Use black cardstock to add a large smiling mouth to the invites and cut out a small orange circle for Elmo’s nose. Paste everything to the face of the invitation for a cute invite that guests will love.
Elmo Birthday Party Invitations
POLKA DOT ELMO INVITATIONS
– For this invitation you’ll need pieces of white cardstock. Start by cutting it in half and then fold each half in half again. Draw a rectangle about an inch in from the edge all around the invitation. On the outside edges, use red markers to create red polka dots. On the inner part of the rectangle, write “Elmo Invites You to Celebrate (Name’s) Birthday.” Decorate the rest of the area with Elmo stickers. On the inside of the card, add all of the important info for the party. You can mail these invitations.
ELMO’S PET FISH INVITATIONS
– Elmo has a favorite pet fish named Dorothy, so consider sending out Dorothy themed invitations for the Elmo birthday party. Using blue cardstock, cut out invitations in a fish bowl shape. Cut the shape of a goldfish from orange paper. Glue the goldfish to the fish bowl invitation. Add pebbles or plants to the bottom of the fish bowl. On the back of the fish bowl you can write the details for the party.
ELMO BALLOON INVITATIONS
– Take colored construction paper, cutting out three circles of different colors. Glue the circles together so they look like overlapping balloons. At the bottom of each circle, use a hole punch to punch a hole, attaching a bit of string or ribbon. This makes it look like a cluster of balloons. Write party information on the balloon in the middle and then add Elmo stickers to the outer balloons. You can even have your child help you make these fun invitations.
Elmo Birthday Party Invitations
FURRY ELMO INVITES
- Cut a large red circle from construction paper or card stock. Then print out onto a piece of white paper your party details or write them out on one side of the circle. Turn it over and glue red fur fabric to it. Glue an orange pom-pom for the nose, black felt for the mouth, and plastic google eyes to the red fur.
BIG RED ELMO INVITES
- Cut a large red circle out of a piece of card stock and write all of the party details on one side. On the other side, glue google eyes, an orange pom-pom for the nose, and black felt for the mouth. In the alternative, you could just use orange paper for the nose and black paper for the mouth.
ELMO PHOTO INVITATIONS
– Start with some yellow card stock. Cut it in half. Then, take each half and fold carefully in half. Dress your child in a fun Elmo costume or have them hold a stuffed Elmo toy and then take their picture. Cut it out carefully and place it on the front of the invite, attaching with a little glue or double sided tape. Put "Come Celebrate My 1st Birthday!" above the photo. On decorative paper add the party details.
(Baby's Name) birthday is brought to you by the letter (first letter of baby's name) and the number "1."
Date & Time:
Elmo's World Location:
EMBELLISHED READY-MADE ELMO INVITATIONS
- Buy ready-made Elmo invitations and embellish picture. Add wiggly eyes, red glitter on body, orange felt for nose, and black felt for mouth.
ELMO BIRTHDAY PARTY COSTUMES
You might consider dressing up your little one up in an Elmo costume and then request your little Elmo guests come dressed in their Elmo best. If you do decide to have your little one wear a costume, be sure to take advantage and create photo invites with your little cutie pie wearing their Elmo costume.
If you decide to forego the costumes, you might ask all of your guests to wear Elmo red, or have the little tots wear t-shirts with Elmo's face on them. Another option would be to give them each an Elmo t-shirt or bib to wear. Regardless of your choice, it's sure to tickle them silly.
If you would like to check into some additional ELMO COSTUMES
, here are some fun photos of cute little tykes all dressed up in their rendition of their Elmo best.
ELMO BIRTHDAY PARTY DECORATIONS
Elmo Birthday Party Decorations
- Using some construction paper, you can draw and then cut out red Elmo footprints. You can place Elmo’s footprints on your front sidewalk leading up to the party door. You could also place the footprints all around the party area so it looks like Elmo has been walking around at the party.
- Make your own fun alphabet blocks for the Elmo birthday party. Take both large and medium size square boxes and cover them in brightly colored paper. Great colors to use include red (for Elmo of course), yellow, green and blue. After covering the boxes with paper, cut out letters in contrasting colors and glue or tape them to your “blocks.” Add some Elmo themed stickers to dress up the “blocks.” Kids will love playing with these fun blocks during the party.
- For a gorgeous centerpiece, place a big stuffed Elmo in the middle of the table. Make a balloon bouquet using bright red and orange balloons. Then, tie the balloon bouquet to Elmo’s arm for a fun centerpiece that looks great on tables. Just don’t make the bouquet too big – you don’t want the balloons to tip over Elmo.
- Purchase an Elmo face balloon. Attach it at the front door of the party area so Elmo can greet all of your guests as they arrive at your Elmo birthday party.
Elmo Birthday Party Decorations
- Hang up some pretty red paper lanterns around the party area. Print out small pictures of Elmo’s head. Cut them out. Mount the Elmo heads on round pieces or construction paper. Then, using some string, attach the Elmo heads to the paper lanterns, making the heads hang down below the lanterns for a cool effect.
- Take one wall of the party area and cover it with some butcher paper. Then, using crayons, draw a wall of the famous, “Crayon Room” that is seen in Elmo’s World. You can add a crayon border, a crayon window or doors and some crayon pictures for the wall. Once your young guests arrive, you can allow them to help you color on the “wall” with crayons. Just make sure they only color on the wall covered in paper so you don’t end up with a mess.
- Decorate wider walkways with red sheets tied back.
- Make signs that say "Elmo's World" or "Elmo Welcomes One and All.
- Use Elmo printed plates, cups, napkins, tablecloth, and centerpiece to make your party table come alive.
- Hang Elmo wall cutouts, along with a few of Elmo's friends to help liven up your walls.
- Hang Elmo happy 1st birthday banner and posters on wall.
- Display Elmo stuffed toys in birthday room(s).
- Attach Elmo Mylar balloons to birthday baby's high chair and red helium balloons to guest baby's high chairs.
- Create a centerpiece with small Elmo pinata and tie red helium balloons and streamers to it.
- Put construction paper numbers and alphabet letters on walls.
- Create centerpiece with building blocks and Elmo Mylar balloons.
- Decorate high chairs with red bows, numbers, alphabet letters, or helium balloons with curling ribbons.
- Babies and toddlers alike love balloons. They're sure to enjoy a jumbo Elmo air walker balloon that will float around the party room and look like it is walking. Great photo-op!
- Create placemats by laminating pictures of Elmo.
- Attach red helium balloons to wood stakes and line walkway.
ELMO BIRTHDAY PARTY GAMES & ACTIVITIES
To get over to my Elmo Games and Activities
page where you will find nothing but Elmo-themed entertainment, just click on the above link. These games would all be great for an Elmo Party. To know what you're getting into, this page includes the following:
- Dorothy's Goldfish Treasure Hunt
- Elmo Coloring Pages
- Elmo's Fun Playhouse
- Elmo Storytime
- Elmo Photo Shoot
- Music And Dancing
- Red Elmo Playdough Fun
- Elmo Says
- Coloring Elmo's World
- Dorothy's Fish Bowl Toss
ELMO BIRTHDAY PARTY FOOD IDEAS
ELMO’S FAVORITE PIZZA
– Pizza happens to be Elmo’s favorite dish, so it’s a great addition to your Elmo birthday party. Make mini pizzas for your young guests, which will be easier for them to handle. For the base of your pizza, use English muffins instead of pizza dough. Then, top the muffins with your favorite pizza sauce, topping the sauce with some cheese. Add toppings that your young guests will enjoy. Bake and serve warm to guests.
ELMO’S RED FRUIT TRAY
– Make a tray of fruit, but make sure that you only use red fruit. Great fruits you can use on the tray include strawberries, watermelon, red grapes, raspberries and some red apple slices. The little ones will enjoy these tasty fruits at the party. You can also make up a yummy fruit dip if desired using cream cheese, sugar and some whipped marshmallow.
Elmo Birthday Party Food Ideas
ELMO’S PBJ & BANANA DOGS
– Elmo also loves bananas, so you can make some tasty sandwiches using bananas. Peanut butter and jelly is always a favorite for little ones, so you can make some sandwiches that combine bananas with peanut butter and jelly. Start with hotdog buns. Spread peanut butter on the bottom of the bun. Take a banana and slice it lengthwise. Place half a banana on top of the peanut butter. Drizzle the banana with some jelly. Close the hotdog bun and cut the sandwich in half. Make plenty of these for your guests, placing the sandwich halves on a pretty serving tray.
ELMO’S ALPHABET SOUP
– The alphabet is a popular topic on Sesame Street, so alphabet soup is sure to go along with your Elmo theme. You can find tomato soup that comes with noodles shaped like letters of the alphabet. Make the soup and serve it in small bowls. You could even make mini grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with the soup.
GOLDFISH CHEESE AND CRACKERS
– Use a small fish shaped cookie cutter to cut pieces of cheese into goldfish shapes (Elmo has a goldfish named Dorothy). Then, place the goldfish shaped cheese on top of crackers and serve.
Elmo Birthday Party Food Ideas
- Shape your hamburgers and cheese like little ducks and then cook them up.
- Make your child's favorite grilled cheese sandwich and then cut them up into triangles, squares, circles, and rectangles.
- Put Elmo stickers on red plastic cups and fill with a mixture of goldfish, Honeycomb cereal, Chex cereal, and Cheerios. Give each baby their own pail.
- Make some red Jell-O using an extra package of the gelatin mix to help hold your creation together. Place it into a rectangular shaped pan. When set, cut into squares, triangles, rectangles, circles, and Elmo character using cookie cutters.
- To make this easy, buy a tube of sugar cookie dough and use various shaped cookie cutters like circles, triangles, squares, rectangles and cut the Jell-O into shapes. Frost them up with white frosting. Decorate with toasted coconut, sparkling sugar, gel icing, sprinkles, or red edible glitter.
SESAME STREET JUICE
- Individual Elmo juice boxes.
ELMO BIRTHDAY PARTY CAKE IDEAS
ELMO CAKE #1
- Prepare oval cake and 3 cupcakes. Frost cake red. Cut tops of cupcakes off and frost 2 white for eyes and 1 orange for nose. Place frosted cupcakes on top of red cake to create face. Add black string licorice for mouth and pupils.
ELMO CAKE #2
- For a no fuss; no muss type of cake, make a sheet cake, frost it white and then all you need to do is add Elmo character cake toppers.
DOROTHY THE GOLDFISH CUPCAKES
– Dorothy the goldfish is one of Elmo’s best friends, so consider making some Dorothy the goldfish cupcakes for your Elmo birthday party. Start by making up cupcakes in a flavor you enjoy. Decorate the cupcakes with blue buttercream icing. Sprinkle with some blue edible glitter or blue sugar to make it look like water. Then, add several goldfish crackers to the top of each cupcake. Place the cupcakes on a pretty cupcake tower tray.
ELMO PHOTO CAKE
- Remember that photo you took earlier of your child in an Elmo costume or holding an Elmo stuffed toy? Now it's time to let that photo make another appearance at the party--on top of the cake. Just take it to your local bakery and they'll be able to take it from there.
ELMO FACE CAKE
- Bake cake in Elmo face-shaped pan and decorate according to pan's directions.
- Make Elmo cupcakes and frost white. Pipe out red frosting with grass tip to make "fur" into shape of Elmo. Use chocolate chips for eyes and black string licorice for mouth.
For some more inspiring ideas for creating your own ELMO CAKES & CUPCAKES
, here's a page of inspiration to check out.
ELMO BIRTHDAY PARTY FAVORS
Use Elmo themed cello bags or decorate a clear bag with Elmo stickers, or use an Elmo favor box. Fill favor container with Elmo memo pads, play-doh, Elmo stickers or tattoos, ABC blocks, rubber ducky, Elmo finger puppets or activity board books.
YOUR Favorite Elmo Birthday Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite Elmo birthday party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with Elmo cakes and costumes.
Return To Top Of Elmo Birthday Party
Return To 1st Birthday Party Ideas For Other Themes
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas