Construction Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous Construction Party Ideas
To Help Build Lots Of Fun!
To Help Construct The Proper Party Framework!
These construction birthday party ideas are sure to help you construct an unforgettable 1st birthday party. If your little worker enjoys pounding his Playskool hammer or building with his Legos, Lincoln Logs and building blocks, then a construction theme party is a perfect first birthday choice.
To help you build a memorable first birthday party experience, I have put together a truckload of ideas that will help you with everything from the invitations to the decor, the food, game options, along with cake ideas and favors, all of which I'm sure will please your little contractors. So you better suit up as we are going deep and you might get dirty!
CONSTRUCTION PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
Constructing a party invitation is your initial announcement of your child’s 1st birthday party event. Therefore, you will want to be sure to use a play on words relating to construction when crafting your invites. Make sure they are a teaser of all the fun to come. Here are some wording ideas that you can use on any of the following construction party theme invitations:
CONSTRUCTION PARTY HAT INVITES
- We're building a great party and you're invited!
- Help Us Build Some Birthday Fun
- Calling All Builders
- Lunch Will Be Served To The Hungry Crew
- Truck On Over To:
- Construction Date:
- Construction Site Location:
- Call The Site Boss To RSVP:
- It Will Be Dynamite!
- Cut a hard hat shape out of yellow construction paper or card stock.
DUMP TRUCK INVITES
- Cut a dump truck shape out of yellow card stock or construction paper.
TOOL INVITES #1
- Make your invitation and attach it to a plastic tool like a wrench, hammer or screwdriver and hand-deliver your invites.
TOOL INVITES #2
- Cut out saw and hammer shapes from construction paper or card stock. Write all your party details on one side and a birthday greeting on the other side.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY SIGN INVITES
- Cut a construction zone sign shape out of yellow card stock or construction paper.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Invite your guests to come dressed like little construction workers. Tell them to wear their jeans, overalls, plaid shirts, t-shirts, etc. As your guests arrive, give them each a plastic hard hat. Be sure to write each of your guests' names on a hard hat.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
A construction theme party is fairly simple to decorate for, and offers plenty of fun for the little ones. To start, just a friendly reminder to be aware of choking hazards and putting items high enough so they are out of your toddler's reach.
- Create a construction site in your backyard using mounds of dirt, gravel, sand, etc.
- Add some construction signs made out of poster board and stapled to yard stakes throughout your front yard.
- Hang yellow, orange and black streamers throughout the party room. Hang them around window and door frames, along with stringing them across the ceiling.
- Create bouquets of balloons using yellow, orange and black balloons and curling ribbons and place them in the corners of the party room and hang from the center of a chandelier.
- Create construction zone signs using yellow poster board and hang them on the party room walls.
- Hang construction banner on the wall with a birthday greeting.
- Hang yellow CAUTION tape throughout the party room.
- Hang machinery and truck posters on the walls.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Use construction toys to create table centerpieces. You can attach a bouquet of balloons to a large dump truck, crane, etc.
- Cover the table with blueprints.
- Cover the table with a plastic yellow tablecloth and tape wide black duct tape or electrical tape on top.
- Using butcher paper, create a roadway and lay out trucks, cranes, etc. for the kids to play with on the roadway.
- Lay out lots of blocks or create large building blocks using various sized boxes covered in various colored wrapping papers.
- Using the brick-printed cardboard blocks, have your little workers construct high-rise fun by building a tower as high as they can.
- Have various trucks and shovels available for the little ones to play with in a sand pile or sandbox.
DUMP TRUCKS & BEAN BAGS
- Line up various sized dump trucks and give your little ones a bean bag to try and toss into the back of the dump trucks. Space the trucks at various distances from one another. Give each child three tries.
- Use a fun pull-string pinata that has a construction theme as one of your activities.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
Use new dump trucks or upside down plastic hard hats to serve some of your munchie type foods.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKES
EASY CONSTRUCTION PARTY CAKE
- Macaroni and cheese
- Sandwiches cut into fourths
- Goldfish crackers
- Teddy Grahams
- Animal crackers
- Juice boxes
- Cut-up apples
- Make or buy a sheet cake. Decorate it with plastic construction trucks and plastic workers.
- Make a sheet cake and frost it with green frosting to create grass and light blue frosting for sky. Add some dirt mounds using a mound of chocolate frosting or cover the frosting with crushed graham crackers. Use multi-colored pebble candy to create areas of gravel.
- This is always a favorite and a perfect choice for a construction theme party. All you have to do is make your favorite chocolate cake. Crumble it up and serve it up in a new dump truck using a plastic shovel. Be sure to add some gummy worms to your "dirt" for added fun.
CONSTRUCTION SIGN CAKE
- Cut your cake into the shape of a construction sign. Either frost it and pipe on your construction words, along with a birthday greeting, or opt to cover it in fondant and add fondant wording on top.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY CUPCAKES
- Make or buy cupcakes and top each one off with a small construction toy.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
As your little construction worker guests leave, give them each a little favor bag containing a mini dump truck, mini building blocks, plastic tools, plastic hard hats, candy, cookies.
For a personal touch, make sugar cookies in the shapes of various tools and truck shapes and frost and decorate them accordingly. Wrap each one in a piece of cellophane and tie off with black and yellow ribbons.
YORU Favorite Construction Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes For 1st Birthday
Do you have some favorite construction party ideas, cakes and costumes for a 1st birthday? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your 1st birthday construction cakes and costumes.
Return To Top Of Construction Party Ideas
Return To 1st Birthday Party Ideas For More Party Options
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas