Construction Birthday Party Ideas To Help You Build An Unforgettable Party!
Fun And Fabulous Construction Birthday Party Ideas
That Your Little Contractors Are Sure To Dig!
A construction party zone will provide the perfect blueprint to help your little builder construct high-rise birthday party fun! As you get ready to construct a party for your little builder, allow us to help pave the way for success. Caution! Get ready to enter the Par-Tay zone--you'll want to be sure to suit-up and take note that hardhats are required!
We've endeavored to operate from a party blueprint that is proven to be successful. As you peruse all your party options, be sure to set aside enough time to plan plenty of activities and games to ensure your construction crew will be "diggin" whatever you forklift their way.
Also, be sure you don't wait until the last minute to get started and turn your party planning into a real fixer-upper. I've put together a lot of great ideas to get you going and planning your little man's big event.
CONSTRUCTION BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATIONS
A great construction party starts out with a fun invitation. To help you build high rise success, get all of your guests looking forward to your big event with a construction themed invite. If you start early and have some extra time at your disposal, you might want to consider making them from scratch. If you're feeling a little pressed for time, or would rather devote your available time to other party details, then opt for a ready-made invite.
CONSTRUCTION SIGN INVITATIONS
- Cut sheets of yellow card stock into 4 pieces. Draw heavy black square around card leaving a yellow edge. Either type or handwrite on diagonal "!!!CAUTION!!! CONSTRUCTION AHEAD". On the reverse side type or handwrite:
Help Us Lay The Foundation To Build Big Birthday Fun!
Foreman: (Birthday Child's Name)
Work Hours: (Date and Time of Party)
Job Site: (Address of Party)
RSVP to Project Super: (Parent Name & Phone Number)
Construction Attire Required
CONSTRUCTION HAT INVITATIONS
– For these invitations, you’ll want to purchase some plastic kids construction hats, which are easy to find and fairly cheap. On a piece of yellow cardstock, write out all the party information using black ink. Place the pieces of cardstock with the party details inside of the construction hats. Hand deliver the fun hats to your guests and be sure to ask them to wear their construction hats to the construction birthday party.
Construction Birthday Party Invitations
TOY TRAFFIC CONE INVITATIONS
– Another fun invitation idea is to purchase some toy orange traffic cones. Once you have the cones, use a black permanent market to write all the party info right on the traffic cones. Drop them by your guests’ houses and leave them outside of the door. They are sure to enjoy getting such a fun, cool invitation.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION INVITATIONS
– To make these invitations for your construction birthday party, start out with pieces of yellow cardstock. Fold a piece of yellow cardstock in half so it looks like a card. Start building a construction scene on the front of the invitation by gluing on some pictures or using stickers of orange cones, hardhats, construction barriers and other construction themed items. In black, write “Under Construction” on the front of the card. Then, take pieces of “Caution” tape and attach diagonally to the cards making it look like the tape goes across the construction area.
On the inside of your under construction invites, type or hand write the following:
“Grab your screwdrivers, hammers and measuring tape
We’re building a party, and yes, there will be cake!
Construction workers are invited to have a blast
So get those construction boots on and RSVP fast!”
Of course, make sure you include all the important details for the party as well, including the time, date, RSVP info and the place where you plan to hold the construction party.
CONSTRUCTION WORKER COSTUMES
Costumes always add to the birthday fun, so consider asking your guests to show up in construction attire. If you want your workers to come in costumes, be sure to add this information in the invitations. Give suggestions, such as wearing flannel shirts, suspenders, jeans, work boots, plaid shirts, t-shirts or overalls.
Instead of having guests show up in construction costumes, you can always provide guests with some fun accessories to wear while they’re enjoying the construction birthday party. One idea is to purchase inexpensive plastic hard hats, buying enough so each guest can wear one during the party. You can also add some work safety vests, which you can make yourself or you can purchase from a party store.
If you need some cool ideas for construction costumes, then be sure to head over to our page packed with CONSTRUCTION COSTUME
ideas, tips and photos for more inspiration.
CONSTRUCTION BIRTHDAY PARTY DECORATIONS
To help you build a sturdy party foundation and create a great construction birthday party zone, here are some construction-themed decorating ideas to get you started so you can turn your home into construction central.
Construction Birthday Party Decorations
- Make your own cool roadway activity area, which will serve as a cool decoration, as well as a great activity for your construction birthday party. Start with a plain white tablecloth. Use a paper one if you desire, but a plastic one might provide a sturdier activity mat. Using markers, draw roadways on the mat, making them go in various directions across the mat. Add traffic lights, yield signs, stop signs and construction zones to the mat as well. Place toy cars, toy trucks and toy construction vehicles on the activity mat. It will look great and kids will enjoy playing on the mat as well.
- If you have any areas where you don’t want guests to venture, make your own cool “Detour” sign. Make the sign out of orange poster board. You could also make “Danger! Keep Out!” signs for these areas.
- Create a fun display for your favors. Clean up a wheel barrow and place it in the party area. Use some fake grass around the bottom and the sides of the wheel barrow. Then, place favor bags or boxes inside of the wheel barrow. Around the wheel barrow, place some shovels, rakes and other construction tools. Top the display with a hard hat. Tie some yellow and black balloons to the handles of the wheel barrow. You’ll have a great display and a wonderful place to keep the favors until the end of the party.
- Make your own bull dozer or dump truck out of a refrigerator box. Cut windows out of the box and paint the entire thing yellow, adding black details where necessary. Let kids stick their heads out of the windows like they are in the piece of equipment and use it for a fun photo backdrop.
- Make construction yard signs out of yellow poster board, attach to stake, and insert in ground. They can read: "CAUTION! BIRTHDAY AHEAD", "CAUTION! WORK ZONE", "KIDS AT PLAY", "RESTRICTED! BIRTHDAY WORKERS ONLY", "DETOUR AHEAD", "YIELD", "DANGER", "NO ADMITTANCE" and HARD HAT AREA".
- Line your walkway to your front door with orange construction cones.
- Bring your ceilings to life with lots of black and yellow twisted streamers. You can also add some balloon clusters to break it up a bit. If you attach lots of black and yellow or orange and black curling ribbons to your balloons, this is a great way to add color, pizzazz, and added party interest to the ceiling line.
- Create a "canopy" at the entryway by loosely attaching orange and black or yellow and black streamers to the ceiling and surrounding walls. You'll need to hang it in a loopy fashion to give it that canopy look. To add a bit of decor to those surrounding walls, allow enough of each streamer to run down the sides of the walls to the floor. Also, be sure to periodically add a strip of caution tape as a streamer to break it up a bit.
Construction Birthday Party Decorations
- Line walkway and decorate archways or doorways with construction caution tape or kids' zone caution tape for construction workers to pass through.
- Cover tables with black tablecloths and bright yellow or orange table toppers. Tie corners with caution tape.
- To give your tables the look of a construction site, start by sprinkling some brown sugar across the top of it. Then add some rock candy that looks like real rocks. The kids will not only love the visual that this creates, but will certainly enjoy munching on the candy rocks you provide.
Scatter brown sugar and beans on tabletop to serve as dirt and rocks. Create centerpiece with small toy trucks, bulldozers, and tractors.
- Decorate walls with oversized construction tools and blueprints.
- Add traffic lights to create construction zone atmosphere.
- Post "Keep Out" signs on any of your walls or doors in which you want to keep the kids, or for that matter anyone, from going into.
- Add personalized construction banner for birthday foreman.
- To make an extra-special memory, if you have access to a bulldozer, put it in your front yard. It will serve as the neon light that tells everyone where the party is. Also, each child can climb aboard and have a picture taken, to be sent with thank you's! If this isn't possible, consider adding a construction standee photo prop which would be perfect for creating a fun and memorable photo.
CONSTRUCTION BIRTHDAY PARTY GAMES & ACTIVITIES
When the kids are ready to have some real fun and games, we've got you covered. Here's an entire page with nothing but Construction Party Games and Activities
that are all perfect add-ons for a construction theme party. Click on over and discover how to build some real fun for your budding builders!
- Shovel Up Some Fun
- It's A Wrap
- Wheelbarrow Race
- Worksite Cleanup
- Building Fun Time
- Play-Doh Creations
- Build A Town
- Digging For Trucks
- Bulldozer Or Dump Truck Pinata
When it comes time to quiet down the crew, you might want to consider playing some printable games. They will keep little hands and minds occupied, while stilling the running feet and the shouts of delight. Here is a fun website that has lots of Printable Birthday Games
that you might want to click over and check out.
CONSTRUCTION BIRTHDAY PARTY FOOD IDEAS
SKYSCRAPER CHEESE AND CRACKERS
– Have fun making your own sky scrapers using crackers and cheese. Start with a cracker as a base and then start stacking pieces of cheese on the cracker, going with smaller and small pieces as you build up. Serve the “skyscrapers” on a nice serving tray and be sure to label them as “Skyscraper Crackers & Cheese.”
– Take a clear glass container and wrap some construction zone ribbon around the container several times. Add pretzel sticks to the container. Add a label to the container that says “Pretzel Building Logs.” Let kids have fun building things with their pretzels before they eat them.
Construction Birthday Party Food Ideas
CONSTRUCT A PIZZA
– Keep the construction theme going by creating a pizza bar. Create a sign for the pizza bar that says “BUILD A PIZZA!” You could even place some construction tape around the ingredients, labeling it a construction zone. Start with English muffins for the pizza bottoms. Place sauce on the muffins, then let kids add cheese, pepperoni, sausage, peppers, mushrooms, onions, ham or other favorite toppings.
BUILDING BLOCK FRUITS, VEGGIES AND CHEESES
– Make a fruit, veggie and cheese tray. However, cut all the fruits, veggies and cheeses you use into blocks. Add a sign beside the tray that says “BUILDING BLOCKS!” Let kids enjoy building with the blocks as they eat.
BAGGED CONSTRUCTION WORKER LUNCHES
– Another fun food idea is to pack some brown paper bag lunches, calling them Bagged Construction Worker Lunches. Add sandwiches, crackers, cheese, fruit and other tasty foods. Then kids only have to grab a bag and they have their food for the party.
Construction Birthday Party Food Ideas
BUILD YOUR OWN SANDWICH
- This is an easy option, especially if you have your local deli create a meat and cheese tray. Then all you need to do is add some condiments and various breads or rolls and let the workers construct their own sandwiches.
- Start by creating a rectangular shaped pan of your favorite Jell-O. To make sure your bricks hold together, just toss in one additional envelope of the Jell-O gelatin. Then once it has set up, all you need to do is cut it up into small bricks and let your workers build with their squares before eating their handiwork.
- Serve chips, nuts, goldfish, pretzels, cookies, chicken nuggets, or French fries in new (clean) toy dump trucks.
- Make up your favorite macaroni or pasta salad recipe except use the pasta that is shaped like tires.
BULLDOZER BURGERS AND DYNAMITE DOGS
- Barbecue hamburgers and hotdogs for construction crew.
CONSTRUCTION BIRTHDAY PARTY CAKES
DUMP TRUCK DIRT CAKE
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
1/2 c butter, softened
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 (3 1/2 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
3 c milk
1 (12 oz.) tub Cool Whip, thawed
Gummy worms (one for each child)
Crush Oreos. Put 1/3 into new or clean foil-lined dump truck. Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Set aside. Combine milk and pudding mix. Fold Cool Whip into pudding. Fold together pudding mixture and cream cheese mixture. Alternately layer pudding mixture and cookie crumbs in dump truck. Put worms in "soil" so they are seen emerging. Chill 3-4 hours and serve with plastic shovel.
CONSTRUCTION SITE CAKE
- Make white cake and tint frosting appropriate colors to make roadways, dirt, sky, and grass. Top with plastic trucks and construction workers. Write "Happy Birthday Foreman (Child's Name) in cake gel.
DUMPTRUCK CONSTRUCTION ZONE BIRTHDAY CAKE
– Start by baking a double layer cake in chocolate. Ice the entire cake with chocolate icing. On top of the cake, place a small toy dump truck. Place some chocolate toffee pieces in the dump truck and have it arranged so it is halfway dumped over. Use more chocolate toffee pieces around the truck and down one side of the cake so it looks like the dump truck dumped a load of rocks. Add a piece of construction zone ribbon around the middle of the cake, removing it before you serve it.
TOOL COOKIE CONSTRUCTION BIRTHDAY CAKE
– This cake is easy and fun to make. Start with a sheet cake in any flavor. Ice the cake with bright yellow frosting. Then, make a batch of sugar cookies, using tool shaped cookie cutters to cut out the cookies. After the cookies are baked, frost them to look like the tool they are shaped as. Use the tool shaped cookies to top the cake, adding the “tools” in mounds all over the cake. Not only will this cake look amazing, but it will taste great too.
CONSTRUCTION BIRTHDAY PARTY FAVORS
When the time arrives to send your crew home, you can fill small hard hats with all of their little favor goodies. To keep your theme going through to the good-byes, here are some favor ideas that would be in keeping with your construction theme party:
- Modeling clay
- Play Doh
- Silly Putty
- Construction stickers
- Construction tattoos
- Chewing gum
- Toy trucks
- Plastic tools
YOUR Favorite Construction Birthday Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite construction birthday party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your construction cakes and costumes.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of Construction Birthday Party
Return To Kids Birthday Party Ideas
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas