Festive Cinco De Mayo Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous Cinco De Mayo Party Ideas
To Spice Up Your Celebration!
Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for "fifth of May". It commemorates the Mexican army's victory over the French army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Today people celebrate this day also in honor of Mexican heritage and pride with great food, fun music, and lots of traditional dancing.
So get ready to go south of the border and grab your inspiration for your fiesta-styled party. All you need to do is turn up the heat, toss some tostadas on the grill, and liven up your party with great guests, colorful decor, and fabulous food. This will serve to set the tone of your party and let all of your guests know they're in for quite the fiesta, and in no way a siesta!
CINCO DE MAYO PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
- Print out your party details onto a piece of fiesta printed scrapbook paper. Cut out the edges using decorative scissors and laminate. Hole-punch the upper left hand corner, run a ribbon through the hole, tie it to a maraca and hand-deliver the invite.
MINI CACTUS INVITATIONS
- Print out your party details onto a piece of light green paper. Trim the edges using decorative scissors and laminate. Hole-punch the upper left-hand corner, run a ribbon through the hole, and tie it around a mini terra cotta pot that is holding a mini cactus. Hand-deliver your invites.
HOT SALSA INVITES
- Make your favorite homemade salsa and place it in a glass jar. Decorate the top of the jar using festive fabric. Type out your party details on a piece of scrapbook paper that has a fiesta type of background. Using decorative scissors, trim the edges, laminate the paper, and attach it to the jar with a colorful ribbon. Be sure to do a play on words with the hot salsa. Say something like, "Hey, hot stuff..."
- Using bright, striped scrapbook papers, cut out poncho shapes. Put, "Ole! Come To My Cinco De Mayo Theme Party" or "Ole! Come To My Cinco De Mayo Birthday Party" on one side and your party details on the reverse side.
EMBELLISH READY-MADE INVITES
- Buy some Cinco de Mayo invites and jazz them up with glitter, sequins, marabou feathers, buttons, string pearls, etc.
If your friend or loved one happens to be born on or near Cinco de Mayo (May 5th), then you'll want to be sure to incorporate "Happy Birthday" into your invites. If you want to say it in Spanish, just put "Feliz Cumpleano!"
If you're looking for some Cinco de Mayo wording for your invitations or if you like the idea of sending Sombrero, Taco, Mexican Tissue Paper Flower, or Chili Pepper Invitations, check out my Fiesta Party Ideas
page, where you'll also find ideas for costumes, decorations, games and activities, food, cakes, and favors.
CINCO DE MAYO PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Invite your guests to dress in true Cinco de Mayo theme party style. The men and boys have it easy, all they need to do is wear sharp-looking black pants and a white shirt. If they want to join in with the color brigade, they could wear a colorful poncho or sombrero. The women and girls could wear white, ruffle pheasant blouses with full skirts and colorful shawls. A properly placed flower in the hair would be the perfect final touch.
CINCO DE MAYO PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
Here's a great way to set the tone of your party and let all of your guests know they're in for quite the fiesta, and in no way a siesta! Garnish your entrance way with a large cactus arch.
Bright, bold and colorful are a must for a Cinco de Mayo theme party. My favorites are red, yellow, and green. You can also focus on the colors of the Mexican flag, which consist of green, white, and red. Many of the Cinco de Mayo party ideas that I might recommend you use, have been formulated under my Fiesta Party Ideas
- Serve up your foods in fun shaped theme-related tableware. Things like cactus-shaped glasses, chili pepper trays, fiesta bowls, Del Sol snack trays, sombrero trays, are all great options.
- To transform party rooms into a Mexican party atmosphere, you'll want check into scene setters that will bring to life the ambiance of Mexico. There are lots of fun options you can use to cover your walls, windows and doors.
- Ceiling Scene Setters - Opt to cover your ceiling with a roll of stucco roofing or a big sky scene.
- Wall Scene Setters - Bring the desert to life by adding a desert border, desert flowers, cactus or a Mariachi band to your walls.
- Door And Window Scene Setters - don't forget to cover your doors and windows with fun fiesta scene setters to wipe out all signs of the Gringos.
CINCO DE MAYO PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Create a Cinco de Mayo birthday or theme party banner to further add to the ambiance.
- Be sure to hang lots of festive, colorful garland all over the party room.
- Decorate your walls with lots of colorful Mexican posters, blankets, flags, and colorful sombreros.
- Decorative tableware always lights up a table and screams "Par-tay!"
- Create an edible centerpiece by filling a Mexican hat with colorful spring fruits.
- These are just a few of the Cinco de Mayo party ideas for decorating that I have to offer. If you want to see more, click on over to my Fiesta Party Ideas page, where you'll find 27 more decorating ideas to turn your Cinco de Mayo theme party into the event of the year. There are also lots of fun ideas for invitations, costumes, games and activities, food, cakes, and favors.
If you're racking your brain for some Cinco de Mayo party ideas relating to games, here's an entire page with nothing but Cinco De Mayo Games and Activities
that are suitable for a Cinco de Mayo birthday or theme party, such as:
CINCO DE MAYO PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
- Mexican Jumping Beans
- How Many Beans Can You Count?
- Chili Pepper Waddle
- Musical Mexican Hats
- Pass The Chili Pepper
- Pass The Sombrero
- Mexican Ring Toss
- Hot Chili Pepper
- Don Juan Says...
- Don't Say No
- Mexican Hat Dance
Since Mexican food is my absolute favorite, I say go all out and offer up the best Mexican faire, and opt for serving everything buffet style. This not only allows for gab and giggles amongst your guests, but also provides lots of options from which to select. Here's a few ideas to get you started:
- Taco Bar
- Tortilla Chips
- 7-Layer Dip
- Sombrero Salad
- Melons & Dip
- Coconut Flan dessert
- Chocolate Atole
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Strawberry Margaritas (Virgin)
- Mock Margaritas
For more information concerning the above yummy foods, check out the food section of my Fiesta Party Ideas
page. You'll also find ideas for invitations, costumes, decorations, games and activities, food, cakes, and favors.
CINCO DE MAYO PARTY IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKES
FIESTA MARGARITA CAKE
- Here's a great cake that would be perfect for a Cinco de Mayo theme party. You will find all of the instructions for this Fiesta Margarita Cake
on Wilton's website.
PINATA FIESTA CAKE
- If you plan on having kids at your party, this cute Pinata Fiesta Cake
by Wilton might be one that you would like to consider.
For more cake ideas, check out the cake section of my Fiesta Party Ideas
page. You'll also find ideas for invitations, costumes, decorations, games and activities, food, and favors.
CINCO DE MAYO PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
The obvious gift is sombreros. You can also fill cellophane bags that are decorated with Cinco de Mayo stickers with fiesta beads, mini maracas, fiesta confetti clackers, chilli pepper bracelets, fiesta sunglasses, stickers, fiesta or Mexican flag bandanas, Cinco de Mayo balloons, Mexican candy, Mexican cocoa, etc.
YOUR Favorite Cinco De Mayo Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite Cinco De Mayo party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your Cinco De Mayo cakes and costumes.
Return To Top Of Cinco De Mayo Party Ideas
Return To Holiday Birthday Party Ideas For More Holiday Parties
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas