Candyland Party Ideas To Create Sweet Success!
Fun And Fabulous Candyland Party
Great Ideas For A "Sweet" Lil' Party!
These fun party ideas for a Candyland theme party are great for creating a sweet and fun Candyland Birthday Party. The possibilities for your party are virtually endless, since there are so many cute characters and brilliant colors to work with as you plan.
Use the Candyland board game to spark your inspiration. Let your decorating begin outside and flow into the main party room. Your guests will squeal with delight and shout, "Goody, goody gumdrops!"
CANDYLAND PARTY INVITATIONS
If you're feeling like your creative juices are all dried up and you can't come up with any cute little Candyland invitation ideas, then you'll want to check out our Candyland Theme Invitations
section of our site for some fun and fabulous ideas. They are nothing short of SWEET and some are even yummy!
CANDYLAND PARTY COSTUMES
You can either challenge everyone to create the various Candyland characters and come in costume, or have the birthday child dress up, along with all the helpers.
If you don't require costumes, create fun candy crowns that all your Candyland guests can wear. Take gold card stock, cut it into thirds, and then make the crown size according to the size of each child’s head. Add gumdrops, lollipops, jelly beans, hard candies and other candy to the sweet candy crown.
CANDYLAND PARTY DECORATIONS
Imagine as your guests arrive, they are greeted by a wonderful world of Candyland adventure. With squeals of delight they will shout, "Goody, Goody, Gumdrops!" Here's some Candyland theme party ideas to help you deck your yard with Candyland decor.
Candyland Birthday Party Decorations
- This decoration idea will look amazing and will also provide a great favor idea for your young guests. Take one table and turn it into a beautiful candy buffet. You’ll need some pretty clear glass containers that come in various sizes and shapes, such as glass bowls, glass jars and glass vases. Head to discount stores or even thrift stores to find containers that are affordable. You can purchase different types of candies in bulk at online websites. Choose colorful candies that are sure to add to your overall décor for your Candyland party. Have some cellophane bags on the table as well. When the party comes to an end, let your guests fill up their bags from the different containers of candy, making a tasty, sweet favor.
- Make your own giant candies for the Candyland party out of round paper lanterns, which are cheap and easy to find at a party store. Choose both 10-inch and 6-inch paper lanterns so you have different sizes of candy. Then, wrap up the lanterns using some cellophane, tying off the ends so they look like large pieces of candy. You can place your wrapped “candies” throughout the party area or use some pieces of brightly colored ribbon to hang candies from trellises, trees, or the ceiling.
- You can make some fun lollipops to use around your party area with some wrapping paper cardboard tubes, balloons and some cellophane. Start by using some white paint to pain the wrapping paper tubes white, and then allow them to dry. Blow up balloons in bright, candy colors, tying them off and attaching a long length of ribbon to the balloon’s knot (make sure the ribbon is about 6 inches longer than the wrapping paper tubes. Thread the ribbon through the tube, pull tight and then use tape to secure the ribbon to the inside of the wrapping paper tube. Cut pieces of cellophane that are large enough to fully cover the balloons. Cover balloons with cellophane and tie off the cellophane using pretty ribbon. Tape the “lollipops” to the floor all around your party area.
- Make a Candyland birthday banner out of balloons. Write out a birthday message, such as “Happy Birthday Daniel” on the balloons, but only use one balloon for each letter. Then, cover each balloon with cellophane to look like a piece of wrapped candy, but make sure that the letter can be seen through the cellophane. Attach the balloons together using string, making a big banner. Hang up the banner for a birthday banner that looks like it is made out of candy.
- Create a fun Candyland path for guests to follow to the door using a plastic painter’s drop cloth. Cover the drop cloth with squares of vibrant colors using colored plastic tablecloths or various colored felt squares. In the alternative, you could use fun candy drops like the ones above to create your walkway.
- Line the walkway with large lollipops made from Styrofoam discs and wood dowels as sticks. Cover with colorful cellophane, tissue, or tulle netting and tie off with color-coordinated ribbons.
- If you can find an after Christmas sale, line walkway with yard stake candy canes.
Candyland Birthday Party Decorations
- If you really want to go all out and create a magical Candyland spectacular environment, then check out the great Sugarplum kit noted above, which comes with a gingerbread house, lollipop standees, gingerbread men standees, and a Peppermint Drop Walkway. It would also serve as a great photo-op.
- Using some silver wrapping paper, cover up your entire front door and then decorate it with huge pieces of candy made from cardboard and painted in bright candy colors.
- Now that your yard shouts, "P-A-R-T-Y", it's time to think about the inside of your house. For some ideas to turn the inside of your home into King Kandy's Castle, you'll want to check out our Candyland Birthday Party Decorations page for some yummy ideas.
CANDYLAND PARTY GAME IDEAS AND ACTIVITIES
When you are ready to entertain all your little candy-lovin kids, be sure to plan ahead with enough activities to keep them amused and games to keep the giggles going. If you need an idea or two, I have made up a page that contains Candyland Birthday Party Games and Activities
, which includes:
- Decorating Gingerbread Cookies or Gingerbread Men
- Live Candyland party game
- Build King Candy Castle
- Candy Dominoes
- Peppermint Forrest Ring Toss
- Musical Candyland Game
- Peanut Acres Treasure Hunt
- King Kandy Says
- Bust That Plum
- Queen Frostine May I
- Licorice, Licorice, Lollipop
- Pin The Crown On King Kandy
- Candyland Card Game
- Rainbow Pinata
- Printable Games
CANDYLAND PARTY FOOD IDEAS
QUEEN FROSTINE SUNDAE BAR
– Create your own sundae bar, calling it “Queen Frostine’s Sundae Bar.” Have a couple flavors of ice cream, sprinkles, cherries, whipped cream, candy toppings and different sundae syrups available. Let kids build their own delicious ice cream sundae. Everyone is sure to enjoy this tasty way to celebrate a Candyland party.
RAINBOW FRUIT TRAY
– Add a healthy item to your Candyland menu by creating a rainbow fruit tray. Use a large, round serving tray and serve up a variety of different fruits, arranging them in a rainbow on the tray. Use fruits like blueberries, raspberries, kiwi slices, strawberries, banana slices, grapes and other colorful fruits.
- Cut up your sandwiches using a gingerbread man-shaped cookie cutter.
MR. MINT'S TASTY MAC & CHEESE
– Make up Mac and Cheese. Use blue, green or red food coloring so you have Mac & Cheese in fun colors.
PRINCESS FROSTINE'S PIZZA
- Pepperoni pizza.
JOLLY GOOD DOGS & BURGERS
- Hotdogs and hamburgers.
GRAMMA NUTT NUGGETS
- Chicken nuggets.
LOLLY'S CHEESE AND FRUIT PLATTER
– Cut up different cheeses and fruits into small pieces. If using apples, be sure to soak in lemon juice to avoid browning. Go with blue, red, yellow or green topped toothpicks.
- Serve with cut-up banana, strawberries, and angel food cake.
- Paint small metal buckets in different colors and fill with rainbow goldfish crackers, rainbow Pringles, and various candies, e.g., Skittles, Jelly Belly's, Jelly Beans, M&M's, gumdrops, etc.
CANDYLAND THEME PARTY CAKES
LOLLIPOP CANDYLAND BIRTHDAY CAKE
– This easy cake looks amazing at your Candyland party and it’s easy to make too. Start with a double layer cake, making the top layer a bit smaller than the bottom layer. Ice the cake in its entirety with some white buttercream icing. On the sides of the bottom layer, insert small lollipops on the sides, adding color to the cake. On top of the bottom layer, insert some medium size swirled lollipops. Then, on the very top of the top layer, insert a huge, multi colored lollipop to top off the cake. You’ll end up with a colorful cake that really adds to your Candyland theme.
- Make or buy sheet cake with white frosting. Create pathway with colored squares of multi-colored fondant. Place gumdrops, broken candy canes, jelly belly's, etc. on cake. Top with gingerbread game pieces.
CANDYLAND THEME RAINBOW-SHAPED CAKE
– Bake a cake by using a rainbow-shaped cake pan. Then use white frosting to ice the cake. Then add skittles to the cake to create a rainbow of colors.
CANDYLAND CASTLE CAKE
- Bake up your child's favorite cake mix and pour it into two round pans. Allow sufficient time for your cake to cool down and then stack it up and frost them with a pale pink, yellow, blue, or orchid frosting. Then back up three other round cakes that are smaller than the first two that you made. Stack the three little cakes onto the top of the other two round cakes and frost them up with a contrasting color of blue, green, or yellow.
Pipe out some white frosting that goes around the bottom of the cake and then decorate the piping with some candy, e.g., Skittles, M&M's, Starburst, etc.
Put candy canes around the top 3 cakes.
Pipe out some additional white frosting, but this time put it onto the top of the three small cakes to make it look like a big cupcake and put colorful sprinkles on frosting.
Press Swedish fish, gummy bears, M&M's, etc. into frosting on the sides of the 2 stacked cakes.
Add gumdrops along the top edge of the 2 stacked cakes.
Insert 3 lollipops in top of big cupcake.
CANDYLAND THEME PARTY FAVORS
If you'd like to create your own party favor kit, then you might want to check out my Candyland Party Favors
page for some fun ideas; they will help you to create your own one-of-a-kind Candyland favor gift.
Your Favorite Candyland Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite Candyland party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your Candyland cakes and costumes.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of Candyland Party
Return To Toddler Birthday Party Ideas For Other Party Themes
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas