A Black Light Party is Sure to Provide a Glowing Good Time!
Fun And Fabulous Black Light Party
The Perfect Choice For Tweens And Teens!
Hosting a black light theme party is an electrifying experience. There's something about going "neon" that makes for one cool party!
Black lights tend to create a mood all of their own. The anticipation of attending a black light birthday party instantly excites prospective guests. It is one of the coolest looking and most fun to attend parties for both tweens and teens alike. This party is guaranteed to light every one up! Once everyone arrives, all you have to do is glow on!
GLOW IN THE DARK IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
GLOW IN THE DARK INVITATIONS #1
- Start your black light party excitement by making glow in the dark invitations. Using a pair of decorative scissors, cut a piece of black card stock or construction paper into fourths. Using glow in the dark markers, paints or ink to write out your party info.
GLOW IN THE DARK INVITATIONS #2
- Make invitations as noted above, but take it a step further, by using glow in the dark paint that is invisible or clear when it is exposed to light. Prepare this type of invitation on white cardstock to set-off the glow even more so. This will necessitate your guests reading the invitations in the dark, to find out all the fun details. Use regular ink on the envelope and give them a clue, so they don't think they just received a blank piece of paper. Say something like, "A Glowing Message Awaits You" or "Glowing News Enclosed."
GLOW IN THE DARK JEWELRY INVITATIONS
- Prepare invitation as noted above, except attach your invite to either a glow in the dark necklace or bracelet and hand-deliver.
EMBELLISH READY-MADE BLACKLIGHT INVITATIONS
- Buy ready-made black light invites and embellish the picture with glow in the dark glitter.
BLACK LIGHT PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Be sure your guests wear as much white or neon-colored clothing and accents as possible. For example, lime green shoelaces or a pink fluorescent hat would certainly stand-out in a crowd.
If you really want to stand out, a crazy glow in the dark wig in the shape of a beehive, spikes, or a Glow Fro would be fun to wear.
Bring out your guests' natural glow by adorning them as they arrive with glow in the dark leis, necklaces, bracelets, hats, etc.
Want To Stand Out In The Crowd?
This Would Certainly Be A Really Cool
Black Light Party Costume To Wear--You'd Be A One-Of-Kind.
I Bet When You Think Dalmatian This Image Doesn't
Come To Mind. Nonetheless, It's Another
Fun Costume That Would Look Great Under A Black Light.
Don't forget the fingernails, be sure to paint them with glow in the dark nail polish.
Also, you might consider giving out some Glowbys sparkling hair strands, accessories, or flashing accessories. Another fun option is to use some Glow In the Dark hair gel, which comes in several colors.
BLACK LIGHT PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
For best results, you will want to hold your black light party in a pitch-black room. Therefore, if at all possible, it is best to hold this type of party at night. If you have a problem with any light coming into the room then cover up your windows using black butcher paper.
Black Light Party
- If your arrival time coincides with it being dark outside, then take advantage and light up the night by extending your black light party outside by replacing your outside lights with black lights. This will alert your guests to the party's location. Line your walkway with black light LED yard stake lights.
- Start out by defining your party area. If you have places in the house that you don't want your guests to venture into, then use black light reactive rope to keep them out of those specific areas.
- If you're looking to create a real jaw-dropping party room, here's an idea to consider. Create a glow-in-the-dark city by painting all of the various components with glow in the dark paint and then light up the room with black lights.
- As guests arrive, give them a glow in the dark lei, glow necklace and/or bracelet, glow sticks, and spray various colors of neon hair spray in their hair.
Black Light Party
- Give your party room instant ambiance by changing out all of your regular light bulbs with black light bulbs. Then as your guests arrive, escort them into the pitch black room, that is only lit up by black lights.
- To add to the eerie type of glow in your room, not to mention making it a little more thrilling, a really fun party add-on, is to be sure to include a fog machine.
- You might also consider using a bubble machine. Fill it up with glowing techno bubble solution, then all it will spew out will glow in the dark. This is a perfect add-on to a black light party.
- Decorate and accent the main party room with oodles of white or neon-colored streamers, along with glow in the dark balloons, curling ribbons, and confetti so they all glow when the black lights are on.
- Use glow in the dark table covers or tablecloths that have designs that glow.
- Cover the tables with some black or white fabric and paint designs on them using glow/fluorescent paints.
- A simple way to create a theme table would be to cover it with a black table cover and then toss some white or glow confetti onto it.
- Use glow in the dark straws in all your party drinks.
Black Light Party
- Hang various sized disco balls that have sparkle and/or hang some strobe lights off the ceiling for added black light party pizazz!
- Get some of those black velvet posters that have the white designs that can be colored except, don't color them; just hang them up as is. The black lights will make the white pop out under the lights.
- Hang mini strobe lights on the walls throughout the party room.
- Hang some fun celestial glow in the dark wall decals on your walls for added interest.
Black Light Party
- Hang glow star gossamer on the walls, cover furniture, hang as drapes, etc.
- Be sure to create some fun glow in the dark table centerpieces. Consider using fiber-optic lights, with accents of white or neon colored shred, confetti, curling ribbons, and balloons.
- Create some glow in the dark spider webs using a Webcaster Gun and Webcaster glow sticks.
- You can also decorate other parts of the party room with glow orbs and glowing balloon lights.
- Hang glow stars from the ceiling using fishing line.
- Insert glow sticks into white balloons and decorate the room with bouquets.
- If you have any light surfaces that need to be darkened up a bit, cover them up with black butcher paper, black sheets, or black fabric.
- Accent fireplace mantels, stair bannisters, the perimeter of the room at the ceiling level, window frames, and door frames by hanging strands of mini black lights around them.
- Hang black light string throughout the party room shaping it into spider webs or framing doorways. Use tape and push-pins to hold it together.
- Line the walkway with either fabric that has glow in the dark painted stripes, squares, designs, etc.
- Jazz up doors by covering them with black butcher paper and then painting designs or words onto them using black light paints.
- Wrap white or neon colored streamers around any areas near the porch where they will show up under the black light.
BLACK LIGHT PARTY IDEAS FOR ACTIVITIES AND GAMES
BLACKLIGHT PAINT CREATIONS
- Select age-appropriate black light party activities to keep your guests busy. For example, cover windows and walls with black butcher paper and provide glow in the dark pens or paints for your guests to create their works of art.
- Give everyone a black or white t-shirt and glow in the dark paints or fabric markers and let them autograph and draw on each other's shirts.
GLOW STICK TAG
- This game is a combination of tag and hide and go seek. The person who is "It" counts to 100 while everyone else hides. Armed with a glow stick, "It" tries to find everyone. Then your options are:
Give your glow stick to the person caught and that person becomes "It."
Send the caught person to jail, to wait until everyone else is caught.
Separate everyone into teams and have an entire team be "It."
GLOW IN THE DARK HOT POTATO
- Although traditionally Hot Potato is associated with children playing, when you add the element of neon and black lights, it suddenly takes on a new and more challenging life. Have everyone stand or sit in a circle, use a glow in the dark ball as the "Hot Potato." Play fast-paced, techno music while everyone passes the ball to their left. To ensure players move the ball quickly and feel the pressure, make the penalty for whoever is left holding the ball when the music stops to be extremely undesirable. For example, have a pot of cooked spaghetti and make the loser have to put a hand or foot into the pot without knowing what is inside.
Glow In The Dark
- Have a tattoo table set-up where your guests may receive their glow in the dark tat.
- Have a neon paint table set up where your guests may have various things painted on their face, hand, arm, etc.
BLACK LIGHT PARTY TWISTER
- Using a twister game as your guide, create your own version using black light paints on a sheet.
LED DANCE FLOOR
- If you're going to have dancing at your party and want to go the extra mile, then trick out your party room and rent LED-lighted tiles and cover your dance floor. They come in various colors and styles.
GLOW IN THE DARK VOLLEYBALL
- This game is played like regular volleyball, except you play it in the dark and attach glows ticks to the volleyball netting across the top and down the sides, so you can see the location of the net. Secure a couple of glow necklaces to a volleyball using packing tape. Separate your guests into teams and play ball.
GLOW IN THE DARK FRISBEE
- Hang glow sticks around everyone's neck to make it easier to see where people are located and play Frisbee using several glow in the dark Frisbees.
Glow In The Dark
BLACK LIGHT PARTY IDEAS FOR PARTY FOOD
Since there isn't an edible black light product, you're going to have to come up with some "glowing" ideas like using glow in the dark cups, plates, cutlery, stir sticks, straws, lighted ice cubes, light up bowls, coasters, etc. when serving food and drink.
Teens like to eat on the run and graze throughout the day rather than sitting down to a dinner, so make it easy on yourself and serve up your food buffet style. Here are some ideas that you can use to create different types of buffet items:
- Let everyone make their own. All you need to do is set out all of the toppings in bowls or plates and let each teen create their own personal pan sized pizza. Be sure to have plenty of pizza sauce, along with various meat and veggie toppings. Things like cut-up BBQ chicken, sliced pepperoni, crumbled cooked sausage, cut-up mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, sliced black olives, pineapple bits, Parmesan and/or Romano cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese will all certainly make for a yummy pizza.
MAKE & TAKE PARTY KABOBS
- Thaw pizza bites, chicken nuggets, and breadstick dough cut into bite-sized pieces. Add mini hotdogs and cheese cubes. Have teens create their own kabobs on wooden skewers, bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cook 1 lb. hamburger and 1 chopped onion. Melt 2 lbs. Velveeta cheese, add large jar of salsa, and cooked hamburger and onion. Serve with cut-up sourdough or French bread pieces.
- Provide all the fixings for the kids to make tacos. Have plenty of heated shells on hand, along with containers of taco seasoned hamburger meat and shredded chicken, shredded lettuce and cheese, along with toppings like sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Black Light Party Ideas For Food
- Provide tortilla chips, hamburger, melted cheese, salsa, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, olives, etc.
BAKED POTATO BAR
- Cook up your potatoes ahead of time and serve them up with various toppings like heated cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, butter, fresh chives, bacon bits, shredded cheese, and broccoli.
- Bottled water, milk, decaf soda, diet soda, juice, etc.
MOUNTAIN DEW "PUNCH"
- Since Mountain Dew will glow under black lights, fill a punch bowl with the Dew, add some lighted ice cubes, and you've got a bright idea for your drink!
When it comes to party food snacking, consider creating a buffet style snack table, which allows the teens to graze whenever they feel like munching.
- Popcorn, Chex mix, nuts, cookies, packaged fruit snacks or fruit leathers, M&M's, Skittles, etc.
CHIPS & DIPS
- Various flavored potato chips, Dorito chips, and Fritos, along with bean dip, ranch dip, and salsa.
- Cut up pineapple, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries, apples, oranges, etc.
VEGGIES & DIP
- Cut-up celery, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, etc., along with a dill dip or Ranch dip.
BLACK LIGHT PARTY IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKES
BLACK LIGHT PARTY CAKE
- Decorate a sheet cake with glow in the dark moon and stars that is cut out of white fondant and painted with edible glow in the dark body paints. Add glow in the dark candles.
GLOW IN THE DARK CAKE
- A real easy and fast cake would be to just decorate a sheet cake with a glow in the dark cake topper.
BLACK LIGHT PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
"Watt" are you waiting for? Be sure to give out some fun glow in the dark favors like bracelets, necklaces, yo-yos, balls, glow sticks, glasses, bubbles, etc.
Your Favorite Black Light Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite ideas for a Black Light Party, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your black light cake and costume ideas.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Black Light Party Dance Floor Not rated yet
It's not just for the 70's anymore. Turn on that purple glow with a black light activated dance floor cover. Hang a strobe light and set up a bubble machine …
Black Light Party Invitation Ideas Not rated yet
If you are going to have dancing at your party, you could jazz up your invites by taking a piece of black card stock and use fancy scissors to cut them …
Coolest Black Light Party Ideas Not rated yet
Serve Mountain Dew or other green sodas because they will glow :)
Put glow-in-the-dark tape around the room and on large pieces of furniture so people …
Glow In The Dark Party Not rated yet
Teens aren't the only ones who know how to have fun--we adults do to. A glow in the dark party can bring a little youth out of everyone. Here's what I …
Glow In The Dark Party Food Ideas Not rated yet
Glow In The Dark Party Food Ideas Using Tonic Water
Here's a quick idea to help you make your black light party extra fun. If you've never used tonic …
Black Light Party Food Ideas That Glows! Not rated yet
I have recently discovered that Jell-O does indeed glow (especially yellow) and it looks really cool to have it in a nice display by the cake or snacks. …
Glow In The Dark Water Balloon Fight! Not rated yet
Paint the water balloons with some neon/glow paint, and make sure your guests are kitted out in glow in the dark gear.
Separate into teams and FIGHT! …
Click here to write your own.
Return To Top Of Black Light Party
Return To Teen Party Ideas For Other Party Options
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas