Barnyard Birthday Party Ideas To Help Create A Fun Barnyard Bash!
Fun And Fabulous Barnyard Birthday Party Ideas
Get Ready To Horse Around!
A barnyard theme party is perfect for your little animal lover. With an oink, oink here, and a moo, moo there, here a winnie, there a winnie, you can create the perfect barnyard bash.
So, mooooove over and gallop your way down this page to snag some barnyard party ideas. First of all, you can hold the party at a park, a petting zoo, a local farm, or turn your home into the O.K. Corral. Whatever you decide, saddle up those horses and get ready for a heap-load of fun.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR BARN INVITATIONS
- Make a large barn out of red construction paper, cardstock, or posterboard. Make 2 barn doors that open up in the middle and glue them to your barn. Type or hand write your party details on white paper and glue this paper underneath your barn doors. When the doors are opened, your party details will be revealed. Decorate with some farm animal stickers.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR HORSE INVITATIONS
- Download a large horse head and print it out on a piece of cardstock. On the front, decorate your horse with a flower sticker on the head. Put the party details on the back and invite everyone to wear their barnyard best.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FARMER INVITES
- Have Farmer Mom or Dad hand-deliver your invitations dressed like a farmer (overalls, plaid shirt, straw hat, etc.) and carrying a shovel for a prop.
Farmer Mom or Dad will go to each child's house and introduce themselves to the invitee as Farmer Mom or Farmer Dad. Then say something like, "I'm here to personally invite you to Farmer (name of your child)'s barnyard birthday party.
Farmer (name of child) is turning (age) and we're having a barnyard party on (date). Here's your barnyard invite. Hope to see yawl at the party.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR HORSESHOE INVITATIONS
- Cut 8 1/2" x 11" tan card stock into 4 pieces. Cut horseshoe shape out of new sponge. Using washable brown paint stamp horseshoe onto card. Use white gel pen and write, "Shoe" Up for the "Mane" Birthday Party Event". On reverse side type or handwrite party details as follows:
Hootenanny will be on (date and time of party)
at the O.K. Coral located at (address of party)
R.S.V.P. to Barnyard Foreman (parent's name and phone number)
Wear Your Barnyard Best
Barnyard Birthday Party Ideas For Invitations
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FARMER PHOTO INVITATIONS – Start with a regular size piece of cardstock, and use
scissors to cut it in half. Fold the two pieces in half. Take a photo of your child wearing farmer clothes. Trim down the photo so it fits on the invite using some decorative scissors. Attach to the front of the invitation using some glue or double sided tape. Put "Get In The Moooooood And Mosey On Over For Some Rootin' Tootin' Fun!" above the photo. Either type or handwrite on left inside:
Calling all cowpokes. Come one, come all,
For the big birthday barnyard bash. It's sure to be farm-tastic.
Located at the O.K. Coral located at (address of party)
R.S.V.P. to Farmer Mom/Dad (parent's name and phone number)
Wear Your Barnyard Best!
EMBELLISHED READY-MADE BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATIONS
– Find farm theme invites and buy them. Have some fun making them better by adding your own embellishments.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Invite everyone to wear their barnyard best or supply your guests with a few items to turn them into little cowboys and cowgirls, or farm animals. You could give out things like a bandanna, sheriff badge, cowboy hat, or straw hat. You could also have face-painting options available to create various farm animals. Here are some adorable Barnyard Costume options for your little lambie-kins. You might consider giving everyone a cowboy hat as they arrive.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
Using a little imagination, creativity, and lots of barnyard birthday party ideas for decorations, yawl be able to rope in your little fillies and colts in no time. We reckon some of the following Barnyard Birthday Party Ideas will strike your fancy and help you create a festive atmosphere for your Barnyard Party.
If you have a garage, turn it into a barn and hold your party in there. Here are some barnyard birthday party ideas to start the transformation:
- Alert your guests to your party with a fun yard sign. After all is said and done, remove the stand and hang it on your child's bedroom wall. It will serve as a fun reminder of a great party!
- Line walkway with rope attached to yard stakes.
- Cover the outside of the garage with barn red butcher paper. Use strips of white butcher paper to create white accents on the barn, along with the big white "X" on the door.
- As guests arrive, have them pose with some farm standees and hay bales to create a farm scene.
- Place a rocking horse at the barn door entrance. Tie a bandana around its neck and place a cowboy hat on its head.
- Place a scarecrow at your door to greet your guests. They're super easy to make. Here's some directions to teach you how to make a Scarecrow.
- Decorate ceilings with 2 different colored twisted streamers and clusters of balloons with curling ribbons. Select from black, brown, red, white, or blue.
- When you think of barnyard birthday party ideas, think of displaying your child's barnyard toys in party room for decorations.
- Use hay bales instead of chairs.
- Make your own corral by using extra-large cardboard mailing tubes that are painted brown. Glue them together to create the corral. Then glue twine on the outside surface, about 4" from the top and bottom the your corral.
- Put a sign on the bathroom door that says "Fillies & Colts" or "Cowgirls & Cowpokes".
- Put barnyard Mylar or farm animal Mylar balloons on the birthday child's chair and helium balloons on the other chairs. Tie off with coordinating raffia.
- Use horseshoes as a balloon weight to display floor balloon bouquets throughout the room. Tie off with coordinating raffia.
- Create fun barnyard balloon bouquets using fun cow print balloons and tie off with coordinating raffia.
- Hang a personalized barnyard banner or horse birthday banner on one of your party room walls.
- Hang barnyard posters of various animals all over the walls.
- Hang tractor cutouts on your party room walls.
- Hang over-sized farm wall decals of a barn and various farm animals all over your walls. After the party is over, transfer them to your child's bedroom wall.
- Hang tractor printed party tape around the party room to give it a barnyard feel.
- Cover your party tables with burlap and sprinkle strands of hay on top, like you would confetti, and tie off the corners using licorice laces.
- Cover tables with red and white checkered tablecloths and use bandanas as napkins.
- Create a Bryer horse display in the center of your table using a few horses, along with some mini hay bales, fencing, and horse tack. Attach a bouquet of balloons in the center.
- Create table centerpieces by filling cowboy boots with shred and a bouquet of balloons. Hang Beanie animals off the boot top or across the toe of the boot.
- Fill coffee pots with daisies, wheat stalks, wildflowers, and sunflowers.
- Add a barnyard table runner down the center of your party table. Either make one from barnyard-printed fabric or dismantle a barnyard calendar and affix the photos to a piece of fabric and lay it down the center of the table.
- Speaking of barnyard calendar photos, they are perfect for creating barnyard-themed placemats. If you have photos that are big enough, simply laminate them and use them as placemats. However, if the photos are too small to make placemats, you can glue photos to some construction paper, and then you can laminate them.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- If you have access to horse tack, then opt for making an extra-special photo op by displaying hay bales, a saddle, and a western mural on the wall or fence and take photos of each of your guests standing or sitting in front of it. If you plan on having a horse put it in the middle of this set and take photos of each child sitting in the saddle.
- If you didn't turn your garage into a barn, you might like to define your party area as a farm with the use of a barn standee.
- Make your own barn using refrigerator boxes painted red. Use white duct tape for your white "X's" on the doors.
- Fill wheelbarrows and/or wagons with hay and position them in various locations for farm decor.
- If you're looking for some printable games, this site offers some great printables that you can add to your party. The following are just a few that you might want to consider incorporating into your party. If you click on one of the games, it will take you to the website so you may check out some other options. Here are a few to consider:
If you're more interested in some actual barnyard party ideas for games and activities, I've put together an entire page of nothing but games that would be suitable for toddlers and your barnyard theme. Just click on this link and you'll be transported to the Barnyard Party Ideas For Games and Activities
. Here's a list of the games that you will find:
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
- Branding Station
- Find Your Family
- Find Mrs. Chick's Eggs
- Duck, Duck, Goose
- Animal Sounds Contest
- Farmer Says...
- Horse Race
- Sheep Herding
- Pin The Udder On The Cow
- Udderly Fun
- Haystack Treasures
- Musical Chairs or Musical Buckets
- Help! The Barn Is Burning
- Petting Zoo
- Pony Rides
- Animal Sugar Cookies
Serve a barnyard buffet and be sure to label everything with fun barnyard names. Here's some barnyard birthday party ideas for theme food:
PIGS IN A BLANKET
– Take hotdogs, slicing them lengthwise without cutting through completely. Fill with a bit of cheese. Take some crescent roll dough, separating it into the triangles. Every hotdog should get rolled into a triangle of the dough and then baked according to the directions on the crescent rolls.
MINI PIGS IN BLANKET
- Cut a piece of crescent roll dough into four separate pieces. Wrap each piece around a little hot dog or sausage. Cook them in the oven according to the directions. Serve up with some mustard and ketchup.
- Chicken nuggets.
MAKE YOUR OWN PIZZA ANIMALS
– Cut English muffins or pizza dough into animal shapes. Place bowls of pizza toppings out, including sausage, pepperoni, cheeses, pineapple, peppers, onions, olives and mushrooms. Bake them up after kids make them.
– Make up some delicious sandwiches with peanut butter and jelly on them. Cut them into animal shapes.
PIG TAIL PASTA SALAD
- Make your favorite pasta salad recipe and use the corkscrew-shaped noodle.
- Your favorite macaroni and cheese.
- French fries.
- Hollow out red, yellow, and orange bell peppers and fill them with your favorite dips. Then surround your dips with your cut-up vegies.
- Mix together Chex mix and Candy Corn.
QUACKERS AND CHEESE
- Serve various crackers and cheese to munch on throughout the party.
DUCK FEED PAILS
- Fill small galvanized pails with duck munchies like Cheerios, Chex cereal, Honeycomb cereal, or goldfish. Label pails "Duck Feed." Alternatively, give each child their own pail with a mixture of these munchies and label each pail with "(child's name)'s Duck Feed."
- Chocolate covered raisins.
- Melt 12 oz. white or chocolate chips. Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups pretzel sticks and 1/2 cup Spanish peanuts. Spoon mixture onto wax paper. Set-up at room temperature or refrigerator for a few minutes. Break into pieces and serve.
DRINKING TROUGHS OR BUCKETS
- Use long, stainless containers that look like troughs or galvanized buckets to hold your party drinks and ice.
- Put lemonade into a punch bowl. Intensify the color by adding lemon-lime Gatorade. Float clean, mini rubber duckies on top.
- an "udderly" fun name for milk.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR CAKES
Here are some barnyard birthday party ideas for barnyard cakes:
FARM ANIMAL SHEET CAKE
- Make or buy a sheet cake and decorate it with an edible cake art image of farm animals.
- Make chocolate cupcakes and frost them with white frosting. Use candies to make the ears, nose, and eyes or add a cow cupcake topper.
- Make strawberry cupcakes and frost with strawberry frosting. Use candies to make the snout, eyes, and ears or add a pig cupcake topper.
- Make lemon cupcakes and frost with yellow frosting. Use candies to create the beaks and eyes or add a duck cupcake topper.
FARM ANIMAL CUPCAKES
- Make or buy cupcakes and top them off with a plastic farm animal that can be taken home as a party favor.
TRACTOR CAKE #1
- Make or buy a sheet cake and add a plastic tractor to the top, along with some plastic farm animals.
TRACTOR CAKE #2
- Make a cake in the shape of a tractor using a tractor-shaped cake pan and decorate it according to the pan's directions.
- Make a cake in the shape of a horseshoe and decorate it in your party colors. You can easily cut this shape out of a sheet cake.
- Make a sheet cake and cut it into the shape of a barn. Frost it accordingly and add some plastic farm animals, along with a birthday message.
Top any of the above cakes with farm animal candles.
If you're thinking of making any barnyard Animal Cakes
, for your "party animals" and "critter-lovin" kids, here's a page that has a cow cake, horse cake, and a pig cake.
BARNYARD BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
First of all, here's a few barnyard birthday party ideas for you to consider as your favor "containers". A barnyard party offers lots of options. These should get your creative juices flowing:
- Fill the bottom of a small wagon with loose hay and place your favor bags on top of the hay.
- Use various colored bandanas to hold all of your favor goodies.
- Get some cow-print fabric and cut out squares the size of a bandana, and place the favors inside of the cow bag.
- Get some burlap and create small "feed" sacks to house the favors.
- Make cow-print favor bags using a white bag and color in black circles or glue black cardstock circles to the bag.
- Fill small silver buckets with favors.
You might want to consider adding some plastic farm animals, animal coloring book with crayons or markers, animal crackers, bandanas, Cow Tales candy, white & black spotted taffy (looks like a Holstein cow), red and black licorice shaped like piglets, farm animal stickers and a sticker book, bath time farm animals that squirt, plush cow, horse or sheep, barnyard tumbler, etc.
Your Favorite Barnyard Birthday Party Ideas, Cakes & Costumes
Do you have some favorite barnyard birthday party ideas, cakes and costumes? Do tell! Please share all your party tips and ideas for invitations, decorations, games, etc., along with your barnyard cake and costume ideas.
Return To Top Of Barnyard Birthday Party Ideas
Return To Toddler Birthday Party For Other Party Themes
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas