Backwards Party Games Perfect For A Kids Backwards Party
Fun And Fabulous Backwards Party Games
The Perfect Kids Birthday Choice When You Want To Be Silly!
If you have decided that you want to turn your child's world upside down in a good way, then you might enjoy throwing a
. This type of party allows for everyone to have fun while trying to do everything backwards, in a reverse order, and opposite of the norm, which isn't as easy as it may sound.
To assist in your party planning endeavors, I've put together some great games that focus on the Backwards Party Theme. They are perfect for playing at a kid's birthday party and are geared toward doing things in the reverse or opposite of what is expected. So, if you're throwing a Backwards Party, here are some fun games to consider:
BACKWARDS PARTY GAMES & ACTIVITIES
BACKWARDS PARTY ICEBREAKER
- This is a game that will take a little bit of mental effort and a lot of honesty. To help kick off your backwards theme, as guests arrive give them each a name tag which spells their name backwards and require everyone at the party to call them by their backwards name. For example, "Carol" spelled backwards becomes "Lorac". Every time anyone calls someone by their given name, they will have to put a miniature marshmallow into a cup that bears their name. At the end of the party, whoever has the least number of marshmallows shall be the winner and awarded a prize.
BACKWARDS FREEZE DANCE
- You play this game like "Freeze" except everyone freezes when the music starts and dances when the music stops.
BACKWARDS PARTY GAMES - UN-HOT POTATO
- This game is played like "Hot Potato" with a twist. The goal is to be left holding the potato rather than getting rid of it. When the music stops, whoever is left holding the potato is the winner and gets to pick a prize. Play continues until everyone wins something. No fair deliberately trying to delay the passing of the potato.
BACKWARDS SCAVENGER HUNT
- Make a list of items that you want the kids to find except write everything in the reverse. For example, if you want them to find a rubberband you would write "dnabrebbur."
BACKWARDS MUSICAL CHAIRS
- Play this game like the regular musical chairs, except have all of the kids walk backwards.
Play this game like the regular musical chairs, except as you remove chairs, the kids still have to sit down. They will end up sitting on one another's laps and bits of a chair as the chairs are eliminated down to one.
BACKWARDS PARTY GAMES - SEEK AND HIDE
- Do the opposite of Hide and Seek with a twist. In this game, one person hides and everyone else looks for that person. As someone finds that person, they join them in hiding in the same place. The game continues until the last child finds the hiding place. When this occurs, the game starts over and the last child who remained in the previous game starts the new game by hiding first.
BACKWARDS WATER BALLOON TOSS
- Before the party, fill balloons with water.
At game time, have the kids partner up and give one child of each partnership a water balloon. All of the kids who have water balloons must turn their backs on the other kids. The kids without the water balloons must line up about two feet from their partners.
The child who has the water balloon, throws it over their back and their partner tries to catch it. With every successful catch, the kids add an additional foot of space between partners. Continue this process until only one partnership remains and that partnership will be the winners.
Be sure to let the kids switch roles so everyone has an opportunity to be a "catcher" and a "tosser" of the water balloons.
BACKWARDS RELAY RACES
- Divide the kids into teams and line them up. Have them compete doing various activities like walking backwards, running backwards, wheelbarrow racing, running, crawling, etc. Everyone will assume they are trying to complete all of the activities and reach the finish line first, but the winners will be whichever team comes in last. However, don't tell the kids this, or it will ruin the game. Announce the winner and the object of the game only after the completion of the game.
- Fill up a jar with M&M's, Skittles, Gum balls, or the like and have the kids try to guess how many are in the jar. The guest who is the farthest from the actual number is the winner. Don't let anyone know this ahead of time because you want them to register their guess as accurately as possible.
BACKWARDS PARTY GAMES - BLINDFOLD CAKE EATING CONTEST
- Partner up the kids and have them sit on the ground in two lines, one child sitting behind each of the others. Blindfold each of the children sitting in the back and give them each a piece of cake, which they must feed to their partner. However, the front child cannot use their hands to help guide the cake to their mouth. They have to do a lot of bobbin' and weavin' to try and get the bites of cake from their partner. Whoever feeds a piece of cake to their partner first are the winners. Have the kids trade places and repeat the game.
- Here's a great site for some fun Print & Play Birthday Party Games that would be a perfect party game add-on: Printable Birthday Games Ages
Share Your Ideas For
Fun Backwards Party Games
Share your fun ideas for Backwards party theme games. This will give other site visitors an opportunity to use your ideas to help them create a memorable and fun Backwards party.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of Backwards Party Games
Return To Backwards Party
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas