Airplane Theme Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous Airplane Theme Party
Get Ready For Take-Off!
Get Ready For Just "Plane" Fun!
Toddlers love to "fly" around from room to room, wishing they could truly fly. So, why not indulge them a bit more?
Tell them to get ready for the ride of their life. Strap them in and prepare for takeoff. Your guests will soar to new heights with these exciting adventures in the sky. They'll be flying high enjoying the Jolly Jet of fabulous birthday excitement.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY LOCATION
As you get ready to pull together all of your airplane party ideas and sort out which ones are going to "fly" and which ones need to be "grounded", you'll certainly want to consider where you're going to be hosting this bad boy. Obviously, an airport community room would be a great option, but you'll have to access whether this option is appropriate for your guests since they're toddlers. An airport local might be the best choice for an older group who would truly enjoy watching the large planes take off and land, whereas your little group of pilots might be fearful.
Therefore, in the alternative, you could transform your home or backyard into the airport of your tot's dreams, equipped with a fun runway. Another great option that would work terrific for this age would be to host the party at a local park where there is plenty of room to make a fabulous runway, no fears of breakage, and if you're lucky, you'll have a few airplanes fly overhead.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY IDEAS FOR INVITATIONS
- Using construction paper, cut your invitations into the shape of an airplane. Write all of your party details on one side. Create a window on the other side and glue a picture of your child in the window, as if they are flying the plane. Using their first or last name, write "Monroe Airlines" or "Jeffrey Airlines", the Official Birthday Party Airline on the front.
FLYING AIRPLANE INVITATIONS
- Use some scrapbook paper that has a light airplane-related background. Handwrite in party info or print it with your computer printer. Then fold your paper into the shape of a paper airplane, suitable for flying. This Airplane Folding site offers some excellent folding options. Then place the plane invite into an envelope so you can mail it. Add a note to guests telling them to unfold the paper airplane to get all the details.
Airplane Birthday Party Invitations
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY CLOUD INVITES
– Using cardstock or construction paper, cut out some big, puffy clouds. On the back of the clouds, add the party information, decorating with fun airplane stickers.
Invitation Wording Ideas
EMBELLISH READY-MADE INVIVATIONS
- Name (first or last) with the airline name - Monroe Airlines or Jeffrey Airlines, Official Party Fun Airline
- Flyer or Passenger: (Name of guest) - 500 Frequent Friend Miles
- Flight Date: (Date of the event)
- Flight Time: (The time)
- Departure Location: (Guest’s address)
- Arrival Location: Terminal 7, Gate 8 located at (Address of the party)
- Airline Code: "011508; THR EEYE ARSO LD 2109" (This code stands for the date, month and year the guest of honor was born and also gives the current age)
- Tickets cannot be transferred
- Passengers may only bring 1-2 carry-ons (parents)
- Meal (Or Munchies) will be served.
- Call the Monroe airlines ticketing agent (Parent Name) at (phone number) if unable to make your flight.
- Buy ready-made airplane themed invitations and embellish the picture. For example, add some glitter to accentuate various details on the invites.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY IDEAS FOR COSTUMES
Let the party helpers and parents dress in airline crew costumes. Instruct them to show up in dark colored pants, then have t-shirts for them in a party color. The t-shirts should have the airline name on the back, e.g., MONROE AIRLINES or JEFFREY AIRLINES. Tie a handkerchief around the neck that coincides with your selected colors. If your child has a pilot costume, then this would be the perfect time to wear it. If not, and you're thinking of buying one then you might want to create an airplane photo invitation, along with imprinting the picture onto the cake.
If you need more ideas for airplane theme costumes, be sure to look at our AIRPLANE COSTUME pictures and tips. You are sure to appreciate them.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
Your color options for an airplane theme party are just about endless. You could select your favorite airline and mimic their colors. For example, American Airlines could be blue, white and red. Or, maybe you want to choose something fancy with the Hawker Hunter colors of shades of yellow, orange, red, purple, and blue. if you child prefers a traditional army plane, then you might want your party colors to be traditional camo colors, including khaki, mustard yellow, army green, black and brown.
Airplane Birthday Party Decorations
Airplane Birthday Party Decorations
- Make a huge sign for the yard that identifies the “airport” for your little passengers. You can use the name of the guest of honor, as well as their current age. For example, "Lancaster Airport - Terminal #4."
- Hang a sign on your front door that says "Monroe Airport - Terminal 3, Gate 6."
- Decorate the ceilings of your “airport” using balloons tied together and beautiful streamers in party colors twisted together.
- Place nice airplane posters around the room on walls.
Airplane Birthday Party Decorations
- Hang some airplane wall graphic decals to transform your party room walls to an airport theme.
- Make your own fun airplane signs to add to the area. Some examples include: Airplane Hanger, Terminal 8, The Sky Lounge, Ticketing, Check-In, Gate #9, etc.
- With a bit of fishing line, hang up inflatable, toy or paper airplanes or gliders around the room from the ceiling.
- Hang an airplane birthday banner on one of your party room walls.
- Hang a sign that says "Baggage Claim" on a wall and place an open suitcase on a small table. Fill the suitcase with your passengers' favor bags.
Airplane Birthday Party Decorations
- If there are areas where you don’t want guests to venture, make a sign that says “Airline Crew Only – Keep Out!”
- Do you have some old luggage around? If so, place them around the room to look like baggage at an airport.
- Use some balloons in cloud colors, bunching them together to create clouds. Then, hang the bunches from the ceiling, hanging an airplane from the middle of the “cloud.”
- Use poster board to cut out the shapes of large clouds. Use hot glue and cotton balls to cover the poster board, making it look like clouds. Punch a couple holes in your clouds so you can hang planes from the clouds, making it look like planes are flying in the clouds.
- If there is a ceiling fan in the party area, use some string to attach some small paper airplanes to the fan. Then, turn on the fan, only on low, making the planes fly.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY IDEAS FOR GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Use old maps to cover party tables and then add some airplane-themed party ware and sprinkle with patriotic confetti or airplanes and clouds confetti on the tabletop.
- You can make party tables look like they are landing strips. Start by covering the table with some gray butcher paper. Then, place two strands of white lights in the middle, leaving a bit of room where you can put some toy airplanes.
- You can hang an airplane pinata as a party decoration and also fill it with candy to be smashed open during game time.
This page is packed with Airplane Party Game Ideas and Activities
for all your little pilots to play. Just click on the above link and you'll be able to get all the info needed to create some high-flying fun!
- Airplane Coloring Station
- Airplane Tattoos
- Pin The Pilot Into The Jet
- Bus, Bus, Plane
- Musical Airplane Chairs
- Hot Plane
- Airplane Pilot Says...
- Airplane Search
- Airplane Pinata
- If you want to slow things down a bit or calm your little tots, you might want to try one of these fun print and play games. They're a perfect party game add-on that toddlers are sure to enjoy.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY IDEAS FOR FOOD
- Make “flight packs” for every little pilot. You can place the food into lunch bags that are in your party colors and decorated with airplane stickers; or you can place them in small boxes that are decorated with stickers; or you can serve them on small trays. Add a piece of fruit and a small bag of candy.
- Wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap and seal them with an airplane sticker. Or create labels that say, "Monroe Airlines, Flight 747, Crew Member" or "Passenger". Or create a label that says "Delta Flight 747."
MINI AIRPLANE PIZZAS
– Buy some premade pizza dough or make your own. Roll out dough, then use airplane shaped cookie cutters to cut the dough. Add toppings yourself or allow kids to make their own pizzas by adding toppings from a little pizza bar. Bake and allow kids to enjoy.
– While these foods don’t have an airplane theme, they will be a huge hit with most kids, so you might want to put aside the airplane themed food idea and give them what they like!
Airplane Party Foods
- String Cheese
- Chicken Nuggets
- French Fries
- Fresh Fruit – grapes, apples, strawberries, bananas
- Cheese and Crackers
- Veggies with Ranch dressing
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Graham Crackers
– Make it with punch or some Gatorade. Put a sign that says, “Jet Fuel” on the punch to make it more special.
- Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe and using an airplane cookie cutter create individual airplane cookies for your guests. Decorate with frosting, cake gel, sprinkles, etc.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY SNACKS
- Fill small baggies with peanuts, Goldfish crackers, Teddy Grahams, pretzel sticks, nuts, chips, Cheese-Its, etc. Or, consider giving out fruit snacks that are prepackaged.
Airplane Birthday Cake
MINI AIRPLANE CAKES
– Start by making your own sheet cake. After the cake cools, take it out of the pan and freeze it for just 30 minutes. Once it is cold, use a cookie cutter in an airplane shape to cut out mini cakes. Create a crumb coat, which is just a thin layer of icing, then place the cakes in the fridge for about an hour. Using the crumb coat gives each cake a smooth, clean look. After refrigerating, frost and decorate. Use a large spatula to move cakes to avoid breaking them.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY CAKE #1
– Purchase or make your own sheet cake. Then, frost it in blue icing. In the middle, place a brand new, clean airplane. Decorate with some sprinkles.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY CAKE #2
– Bake a sheet cake, then cutting it into an airplane shape. Create the tail with a Rice Krispie square. Make a runway for your plane cake to set on. Start by using some cardboard and gluing a piece of scrapbook paper with a runway design to it. Cover with Saran Wrap. Put the cake on the runway. In the alternative, you could use various scrapbook papers to represent land, water, clouds etc.
Airplane Birthday Cake
AIRPLANE CUPCAKES #1
- Make your favorite cupcake recipe. Pipe out white or light blue frosting on top of the cupcakes. Then top each cupcake with a fondant airplane. use a small plastic airplane as your guide for creating the size and shape of the airplane.
AIRPLANE CUPCAKES #2
– Make a delicious batch of cupcakes. Frost with some chocolate frosting. Put fun airplane candle holders on every cupcake, then arrange on a tray. Insert candles into holders.
To nab a few ideas for your b-day cake, why not check out our visitor-submitted AIRPLANE CAKE
photos and how-to tips.
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY IDEAS FOR FAVORS
To create a fun favor container, make a baggage label that uses the name of your child saying, "THANK YOU FOR FLYING MONROE AIRLINES.” Attach to a paper bag. Then fill the bag with airplane theme favors that your little pilots are sure to enjoy. Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
AIRPLANE THEME PARTY CONCLUSION
- Plane puzzles
- Coloring books with airplanes, add markers or crayons
- Toy airplane, glider or a snap together plane
- Fun airplane snacks, such as nuts, candy or fruit snacks
- Airplane temp tattoos or stickers
- Toy parachute men
Hopefully you found everything that you need in order to create an airplane party that is sure to take off! When all is said and done and you're on autopilot, we'd love for you to take a few minutes to share the details about the airplane party you create. Of course, we really enjoy photos and all the nitty-gritty details of what you did in order to make it a high-flying success.
By sharing all the good times and possibly the oops, you'll help other people as they research how to create an airplane theme party. We'll upload all your info and photos and create your very own webpage that you can invite friends and family to view, along with your little birthday pilot who is sure to enjoy seeing himself or herself on the Internet. All you need to do is fill in the form below, upload a few photos, and we'll do the rest. Have a great airplane birthday party!
Tell Us All About Your Airplane Theme Party
Do you have some ideas for an airplane party invite? Or perhaps you know of some great party decor or food ideas that will have everyone starting their engines and getting ready to take off to fun.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Top Of Airplane Theme Party
Return To Toddler Birthday Party
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas