2nd Birthday Party Ideas
Fun And Fabulous 2nd Birthday Party Ideas
To Make Second Birthdays Special!
To Help Make Your Little One's Day Special!
A second birthday party can be even more special than the 1st birthday party, as your little one is now old enough to understand that it's their special day and all the commotion is all about them. They understand that friends and family will be gathering in their honor to shower them with love, companionship, and of course a present or two.
Be sure to invite your birthday child's special friends so they'll have other little people to interact with and to enjoy playing games.
When considering various second birthday party ideas, you could think about centering the party around the number two or opting to create a theme party based upon one or some of your child's favorite characters or toys. For example, Winnie the Pooh, Minnie or Mickey Mouse are still all-time favorites. Sesame Street or Yo Gabba Gabba would also make for a great birthday party for a 2-year-old, along with trains, construction, cowboys, ladybugs, and various animals.
2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR DECORATIONS
Decorate With #2's
- To keep things simple, inexpensive and colorful you could cut large number 2's out of construction paper, cardstock, or poster board and hang them around the party room on the walls and from the ceiling using fishing line.
- Another fun option that I used with my son was to gather all of his stuffed animals--and he had a slew of them--and place them around the party room as decorations. I put some bows and party hats on some of the animals to party them up a bit.
Personalized Birthday Banner
- You could also make a fun birthday party banner that could span one of your main walls and let it serve as a focal point of the party room. Glue a bunch of photos of the birthday child around the banner that spans from birth to the present, along with adding some glitter to jazz it up a bit.
- Of course colorful streamers are always a welcome addition to any party as they instantly give a room a festive appearance and they're easy on the wallet. The only down-side with streamers is that they can be a bit time-consuming when it comes to hanging them up. Enlist the help of friends and family the day before the party and this "chore" can easily become a fun get together.
- Another inexpensive item that no party would be complete without are balloons. Tie one to the back of each of the chairs, along with creating bouquets to add a splash of color to the corners of a room. You could also create a fun centerpiece and attach a bouquet of balloons to it to jazz it up a bit more. So you don't have to pop a bunch of balloons when all the festivities are over, send your a bouquet home with each of your little guests as a party favor.
2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR PARTY FOOD
To keep all your little guests in a good mood, you'll want to be sure no one is ever hungry or filled solely with sugar! To nourish the little bodies you might want to serve any of the following popular party foods:
- String cheese
- Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches cut into fourths with trimmed crusts
- Crackers & cheese
- French fries or tater tots
- Goldfish crackers
- Macaroni & cheese
- Petite carrots & Ranch dressing
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Fruit--strawberries, raisins, kiwi, cut-up apples or oranges
Be sure to serve up your foods in colorful disposable containers. This will make things be both festive and easy when it comes time for clean-up. Toss a bit of colorful confetti onto the tables, add a theme centerpiece with a bouquet of balloons tied to it and you've got yourself a simple, yet festive party table.
has a wonderful assortment of party ware for 2nd birthday party ideas and lots of options for personalizing invites, plates and banners with your child's photo. They have great all in one party packs that include everything from invitations, paper products, decorations, and favors for one low price. Check out the following options to get your creative juices flowing.
2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR PARTY FAVORS
To keep costs down, you could decorate colorful paper bags with theme stickers and fill them with party favors. In the alternative, you could opt for a fun theme favor box to house your little goodies in, but they will cost more than the paper bag option. Aside from giving the little ones a bouquet of balloons, here are a few party favor ideas that you might want to consider:
2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS CONCLUSION
- Stuffed animals
- Box of Animal Crackers or bag of Goldfish Crackers
- Coloring book & crayons or markers
- Paper airplane or glider
- Squishy ball
- Matchbox car
- Finger puppet
- Kazoo or harmonica
- PlayDoh, clay or Silly Putty
- Stickers or tattoos
Hope these ideas have given you a starting point for planning your little one's all-important 2nd birthday party. Remember you have many years to go overboard on the party decor, so at age two, you can still make it easy on yourself and keep it simple and inexpensive.
Return To Top Of 2nd Birthday Party Ideas
Return To Home Page - Birthday Party Ideas